Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Internet Cowboy
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    4,662
    Thumbs up Bounce.cc, very cool!
    I just wanted to post this to let anyone know who might not be aware that Bounce.cc is quite the cool service. I am using it on my blog. Anyone with a blog or forum, take a look at Bounce.cc to easily monetize your content, even on posts made by users.

    I am using it in a Wordpress blog and it is really easy to install.


  2. #2
    Outsourced Program Manager
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I just wanted to post this to let anyone know who might not be aware that Bounce.cc is quite the cool service. I am using it on my blog. Anyone with a blog or forum, take a look at Bounce.cc to easily monetize your content, even on posts made by users.

    I am using it in a Wordpress blog and it is really easy to install.
    Thanks Unclescooter!

    Check out all the new performics merchants I just added:

    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=82372

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador simcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,786
    I remember a wordpress plug-in that I used for awhile that would automatically turn words (that you specified) into affiliate links. Is this what Bounce does?

  4. #4
    Outsourced Program Manager
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    I remember a wordpress plug-in that I used for awhile that would automatically turn words (that you specified) into affiliate links. Is this what Bounce does?
    Hi simcat,

    Not exactly. The Bounce wordpress plug-in converts all links in the blog (or in just the comments if you choose) to affiliate links. It does the change "on the fly", in other words, when the link is clicked.

    Here is an example:

    http://www.suluta.com/blog/

    Mouse over the links and look at the status bar, you'll see that the links look like this:

    http://bounce.cc/redirect/bounce1.ph...-shrek-on-dvd/

    But it doesn't effect how they are displayed. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

    Thanks!

    -Mike

  5. #5
    Member SLAPPA's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    66
    What happens if they post an affiliate link?

  6. #6
    Outsourced Program Manager
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by VolareMedia
    What happens if they post an affiliate link?
    Hi Volare,

    Sorry for the long delay in my response. If an affiliate link is posted, an email is sent to the site owner notifying them of the foreign link.

    Thanks,

    Mike

  7. #7
    Full Member Tech Evangelist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    374
    Michael, maybe I'm missing something. I checked the links on your blog page and the Bounce links near the top all lead to tystoybox.com (doesn't look like a merchant to me), and the links in the middle lead to an MSN search and some affiliate marketing sites, none of which look like they would pay much for traffic.

    How does this monetize the site in a worthwhile manner?

    Also, do you have concerns about the fact that you have redirect URLs that can be easily followed by spiders? You should probably at least add nofollow attributes to all of the links if you are going to use redirects.
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

  8. #8
    Outsourced Program Manager
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Evangelist
    Michael, maybe I'm missing something. I checked the links on your blog page and the Bounce links near the top all lead to tystoybox.com (doesn't look like a merchant to me), and the links in the middle lead to an MSN search and some affiliate marketing sites, none of which look like they would pay much for traffic.

    How does this monetize the site in a worthwhile manner?

    Also, do you have concerns about the fact that you have redirect URLs that can be easily followed by spiders? You should probably at least add nofollow attributes to all of the links if you are going to use redirects.
    Hi Tech Evangelist,

    TysToyBox is a merchant (one that we represent actually, feel free to join via th e link in my sig ).

    The example blog that you see is something that I figured out that I thought was cool. I took an RSS feed of the TysToyBox corporate blog, and plugged it into my blog. The Bounce plug in then grabs the links and turns them into affiliate links. Same thing for the MSN search results, they are from an RSS feed. I chose the keywords "affiliate marketing" for the example, but that can be replaced with whatever you want.

    The Blog that you see is just an example of how it works, not of a properly monetized site. That depends on you. If you have a blog, forum, or social network where users generate content, Bounce can take links those users post and turn them into affiliate links on the fly. Not all links will be able to be monetized, but that's the nature of user generated content. For example, if a user posts a link to their family blog, bounce will grab the link and realize it's not monetizeable, and just redirect to the original landing page intended. But if another post has a deep link to a product on Overstock.com, that link will be monetizeable.

    No Follow: Great suggestion! I believe, though, that there are other plugins that can do thise "blog wide".

    Thanks again for the questions, feel free to keep 'em coming!

    -Mike

  9. #9
    Full Member Tech Evangelist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nunez
    The Blog that you see is just an example of how it works, not of a properly monetized site.
    Hi Michael
    Thanks for the info. That does explain why I couldn't see big bucks floating in from the links on that blog page. I expected them to lead to product pages.

    Cool idea. I may check it out.
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

  10. #10
    Outsourced Program Manager
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Evangelist
    Hi Michael
    Thanks for the info. That does explain why I couldn't see big bucks floating in from the links on that blog page. I expected them to lead to product pages.

    Cool idea. I may check it out.
    Thanks .

    Wait till you see the innovations that are going to come out this soon, I think you'll be impressed .

  11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Bounce Rate
    By GreenOnions in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 6th, 2010, 06:24 PM
  2. Bounce.cc
    By bdunklau in forum AffiliateManager.com
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 4th, 2008, 11:28 AM
  3. CafePress on Bounce.cc
    By Michael Nunez in forum BounceLinks.com
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 11th, 2007, 11:31 AM
  4. Bounce.cc, very cool!
    By UncleScooter in forum AffiliateManager.com
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 9th, 2007, 04:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •