Do CJ Payments lock at the start of the 10th or at the end of the day?
    Thanks for letting me know as my account still has all of my payments listed as new for December still. Just trying to see whats up.

Talking
    I thought it was on the 20th of the month.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

also
    well i know they should pay then but when do they lock? Is it at the end of today or should it have been last night at midnight?

Usually it gets locked between 10th and 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by mweidner2782
    Thanks for letting me know as my account still has all of my payments listed as new for December still. Just trying to see whats up.

As a merchant, I have until midnight tonight (10th) to get my corrections in, so that's the last chance to input changes. As to when they get processed by CJ and show as locked... I suppose it just depends on their processing load.

Cheers,

P.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    The locking typically happens late at night on the 10th, or sometimes on the 11th. I think I might have seen it happen on the 12th when the 10th fell on a Friday or Saturday, but it's generally pretty predictably on the 10th and 11th.

Watch it, though: bonuses from the prior month that get applied right around the 10th may lock ok with the other transactions, but they also may get stuck in locked status until paid out the next month. This happens infrequently and is yet another of my pet peeves with CJ. When this happened the last time, I put in a support request with CJ. Their answer was that the merchant had added the bonus but did not have sufficient funds to cover it (that it would be paid once they did, but that couldn't happen until the next payout time, i.e. the next month). Somehow I'm not so sure, knowing how on top of things this merchant has always been.

I think BurgerBoy was referring to when balances are "dropped" into payout status and payments subsequently sent by check (or direct deposit). This happens about the 20th each month, sometimes a day before and sometimes a bit late (21st or 22nd) but again pretty predictable and reliable.

I locked on 11

locked here, as well

Locked here too...

If they do lock on the 10th, then it's between the 1st and 86,400th second of the day.

Now this is strange. Lots of locked transactions (around half of them) and the rest are locked and in the publisher payment section. Seems that several advertisers (not just a couple) haven't met their time limit. I sure hope it straightens out by next week before payday.

I think it is a two-step process. First, around the 11th transactions from the previous month (plus extended transactions from the month before that) get locked under the "Pending Commissions" section. Then a day or two later they start moving from the "Pending Commissions" section to the "Current Balance" section below it. While this is happening is when the balance at the top of the page jumps up and down, and people often come here wondering what's going on with their balance.

I always breath a sigh of relief when I see the balance moved to the "Current Balance" section because it means that's what I can expect to be direct deposited to my checking account on the 20th.

There are times when amounts are locked in the "Pending Commissions" but don't move down to the "Current Balance" section before the 20th and don't get paid that month. I believe this is because the merchant doesn't have enough money on deposit to cover the commissions so they hang for a month.

Well, this has never happened to me ever before, and I have been with CJ for years. Sure with one or two merchants, but it's right now about 5 different ones, and over half of the commissions earned this month.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread