TigerDirect.ca's rebates are crap
    TigerDirect.ca has often the best prices if you consider the rebates. But it could be hard, and maybe impossible, to get these rebates from OnRebates.com. On December, I bought two items with rebates on. I filled the claim forms and waited for the tracking numbers. One day, one week. I claimed for a second time, then a third time. Nothing happens. I asked what was wrong by e-mail. No answer from OnRebates.com. I complained directly to TigerDirect and I didn't receive any answer. Forget these phony rebates, there just crap.

Tax Paying Member
    Isn't this the course for most rebates. Make it difficult enough and the customer wil go away....................or at least until he/she sees another rebate offer.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

You're right. But I am an incorrigible na´ve one. I think people say generally the truth...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I have had clients buy those onRebate specials for years. Actually installed the systems and peripherals keeping all the UPS tags and bar-codes. Printout the rebate forms... attach all required pieces... and get them to mail them in.

NOT ONE rebate was every received by these clients putting a huge negative on my efforts. I now tell all of them to never choose a Rebate priced TD product to bypass the hassles and just bite the bullet on the price. I'll do a purchase this afternoon for one client on a mouse,keyboard, LCD monitor, Wireless network setup and DVD+RW media purchase.... only non-rebate itemns will be chosen.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I've tried them a few times - it is a major pain to gather all of the required forms and shipping tokens... - but I have received all of the rebates I've applied for from onRebate it has just taken 6 to 9 months. Any more I deal with TigerDirect for items without rebate or better buy the equipment from Newegg.

Rebate = don't buy our product
    I have reached the point -- several years ago, really -- where I no longer consider products with rebates. Indeed, for me, seeing a product offered with a rebate will often stop me from looking further at that product.

In recent years, I have purchased several products that promised rebates -- twice I only learned that a rebate was offered when a form was printed with my receipt. I always assume that I will never receive the promised rebate. More often than not, I do get the rebate -- but quite often I do not get the rebate, and this way I am not disappointed and nobody is profiting from me with their rebate scams.

The most recent annoyance was Symantec deciding to send me a $20 rebate in the form of a Visa debit card, instead of as a check. I used the card to buy a $16.70 item and basically the remaining $3.30 is lost (I gave the card to my wife to try to use at Starbuck's if the price is less than $3.30, but she hasn't tried yet). Naturally, the debit-card is just another strategy that they use to try to avoid actually paying the promised amount.

The other big issue comes when you want to buy several of something: nearly all rebates are limited to one per person or company, and of course few companies want to pay someone to submit and keep track of rebates.

Bottom line: when I go shopping for the new LCD monitor, if I see one at $299 and another that's $319 minus a $50 rebate, I'll buy the $299 one.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I guess it depends on the company and the processing center that is doing the rebate.

OfficeDepot have a pretty good record (in my eyes).. others are questionable.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Want to bet Onrebate/TigerDirect get paid 100% on all submitted rebates from the manufacturers. They make their real money by making shoppers jump through the small print hoops, re-submittal, use registered mail, lose 1st submittal original paperwork, time expired, want faxed copy of DL.... etc etc. One miss-step or abandonment via pure frustration and they pocket 100% pure profit in the amount of the rebate. You see the Mfgr providing the reseller the rebate offer only needs proof of 3rd party purchase and UPS shipping/tracking number for them to get paid.

The harder Onrebate makes it on the shopper to jump the rebate hurdles the more profit they make. Why do you think this sister company of TigerDirect/Systemax keeps a seperate paperwork identity. So they can run this planned Dropout scam for other merchants as well as TD. Just remember they do get paid for the spiff, even if you don't, by the participating manufacturer. The loophole in the rebate system is the rebate pusher (middleman) doesn't have to devulge their actual payouts to the ultimate consumer. Like unredeemed Giftcard pushers they get away with bloody profitable murder. Real nightmare for IRS to audit too.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1402marc
    TigerDirect.ca has often the best prices if you consider the rebates. But it could be hard, and maybe impossible, to get these rebates from OnRebates.com. On December, I bought two items with rebates on. I filled the claim forms and waited for the tracking numbers. One day, one week. I claimed for a second time, then a third time. Nothing happens. I asked what was wrong by e-mail. No answer from OnRebates.com. I complained directly to TigerDirect and I didn't receive any answer. Forget these phony rebates, there just crap.

Hi Marc,

Please accept our sincere apologies for any distress this situation may had caused you and be assured that will do our best so it will never happen again.

We continue to be committed to providing you and all our customers with the highest standards of service in the industry.

Please send me an email with TigerDirect's order id number and the rebate details on the product you did not received your rebate for...I will do my best to help you!

Thank you also for bringing this matter to our attention. It will give us the opportunity to remedy any problem that may exist.

Yours in service,
    Gus Brito - LSaffiliates@TigerDirect.com
    TigerDirect.com

OnRebate
    Gus,

TigerDirect would be well served finding another rebate processor.
    OnRebate is a sham.
    I personally cut out the bar code and photocopied all documents as per instructions to a "T" it was a 90.00 rebate after all..
    First email back from OnRebate " incorrect documentation"
    I threaten to sue they respond with Documentation never received.
    I send them a terse snailmail, they respond bar code not right..

Common.. which one is it..

The whole think is a sham..
    I purchase almost exclusively form TigerDirect but i won't touch a rebate product ever again and I advise everyone I talk to to do the same..

If you insist on affiliating yourselves with Onrebat.. your day will come..
    Heck you probably own them.

Quote Originally Posted by gbilous
    Gus,

TigerDirect would be well served finding another rebate processor.
    OnRebate is a sham.
    I personally cut out the bar code and photocopied all documents as per instructions to a "T" it was a 90.00 rebate after all..
    First email back from OnRebate " incorrect documentation"
    I threaten to sue they respond with Documentation never received.
    I send them a terse snailmail, they respond bar code not right..

Common.. which one is it..

The whole think is a sham..
    I purchase almost exclusively form TigerDirect but i won't touch a rebate product ever again and I advise everyone I talk to to do the same..

If you insist on affiliating yourselves with Onrebat.. your day will come..
    Heck you probably own them.

Hi ,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any distress this situation may had caused...

Can you please send me an email with your TigerDirect order number...I'll do the best I can to help you...

LSaffiliates@TigerDirect.com

Thanks,

Just saved me some time. I was about to put up some links.

It hasn't changed...

Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:23:30 -0700 (PDT)

Rebate Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Status Date
    Customer applied for rebate 04/25/2007
    Email was sent for Confirmation 04/25/2007
    Email was confirmed by the user 04/25/2007
    Documentation Received 06/18/2007
    Claim was Approved 06/18/2007

Dear Sirs;
    I realise that payments can take up to 6-8 weeks.
    But to date I haven't recieved a check from you people.
    Can you tell me if it has been mailed, and if so when.
    And if its been mailed more than two weeks ago. Is there a chance you sent it somewhere other than my address?
    Still waiting.

Still no Rebate.

Quote Originally Posted by bobs-pcmall.com
    It hasn't changed...

Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:23:30 -0700 (PDT)

Rebate Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Status Date
    Customer applied for rebate 04/25/2007
    email was sent for Confirmation 04/25/2007
    email was confirmed by the user 04/25/2007
    Documentation Received 06/18/2007
    Claim was Approved 06/18/2007

Dear Sirs;
    I realise that payments can take up to 6-8 weeks.
    But to date I haven't recieved a check from you people.
    Can you tell me if it has been mailed, and if so when.
    And if its been mailed more than two weeks ago. Is there a chance you sent it somewhere other than my address?
    Still waiting.

Still no Rebate.

Please send me an email with your order number...

Thanks,

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread