Is this impossible? - Tracking problem, just need a idea of
    I am right now running some affiliates on my site (CPA).
    Mostly with the goal that users shall suscribe for newsletters, and competetions which affiliate programs will pay me for.
    Now comes the tricky part of it!
    As i want to pay my users for generating profit to me, by suscribing to newsletters and competetions. I meet this problem, that i can't track whatever they really suscribe or just shut down the window.
    When they click an affiliate advertisment a special address as ex: www.affiliate.com/2574 opens in another window. This "2574" is my identification, on this number the affiliate site which provides the ads now that the user entering the suscribtion site is redirected from my site.
    The problem really is that i want to know if the users from my site fill out the suscribtion! As i only get payed if they suscribe. Then i want to be able to register that the users are suscribing so i can pay them correctly.

Someone can help me out with this?

Hi Ghetix and welcome to ABW
    Just so you know, you are going to want to ask a moderator to move this to a more appropriate forum.
    This forum is for the Affiliate Summit
    Good luck,
    pd
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

I've moved the thread.

What you're talking about is incentivizing leads. Most networks and merchants frown on that unless you've received permission. The quality of those leads are very poor, as people are just signing up to get money. Most have no real interest in what they signed up for.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I've moved the thread.

What you're talking about is incentivizing leads. Most networks and merchants frown on that unless you've received permission. The quality of those leads are very poor, as people are just signing up to get money. Most have no real interest in what they signed up for.
    I understand. I really don't need quality info about them. I just need to be able to see if my users are signing up, or not.

It seems you need a tracking pixel placed on a confirmation page. After someone signs up, they are taken to a confirmation page. On that page is where tracking should be placed.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Quote Originally Posted by MINDsprinter
    It seems you need a tracking pixel placed on a confirmation page. After someone signs up, they are taken to a confirmation page. On that page is where tracking should be placed.
    That sounds like a good idea, but how should i place it?

Google analytics is a free tracking solution, but it might not be what you want. That's the best I know about...

http://www.google.com/analytics/
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread