Newbie Asking For Help
    Is there a guide somewhere on opening an account with LinkShare? Do we need an established website to get started (it seems to me that it's required)? And are there any links to read?

Animal Lover
    Depends - some merchants will auto-approve you - others will manually approve you so they would want to look at your site first before they say yes. As for whether they want an established website, the answer is usually 'no' ie I think most merchants just want to get an idea as to who they are going to be associating with first. Some will automatically say 'no' regardless because they assume that overseas affiliates don't have sites that cater to a US (or European) audience...hit some of those.

My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Thanks a lot Oscar for the information. When I applied for Overstock Inc., I was given this message:

"Your application to this program has not been processed. This merchant has established certain criteria for affiliates applying to their program. Unfortunately, your site does not meet one or more of these criteria. For more specific approval information, please refer to the merchant's application criteria."

Does this mean that Overstock don't accept foreign affiliates?

Take a look at their terms. It should let you know countries are acceptable.

Also, this response is pretty much the standard response if a merchant has stipulations as to what applications will be reviewed. Some merchants have traffic requirements, permitted locations, web site categories, etc.

Although, I thought that Overstock was on auto-affiliate approval, or at least they were when I signed up. Maybe someone else may know for sure.

Overstock Auctions is on auto-aff approval. However, not Overstock Inc. I don't know whether this is due since I am residing in Singapore.

That is the regular rejection email! Every merchant has a interface for rejecting affiliates! Some don't take foreign ones because they don't make foreign sales!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread