Midwest Weather
    If you know friends in the Midwest (OK, Texas) you might want to look at a weather map. I live in OKC and for all intents and purposes this city is shutting down. Freezing ice has started and it is supposed to be going on until Sunday. A good chance of a lot of power outages here.

http://www.weather.gov/

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/forecast/Map...n&CiTemplate=1
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Quote Originally Posted by patrick24601
    If you know friends in the Midwest (OK, Texas) you might want to look at a weather map. I live in OKC and for all intents and purposes this city is shutting down. Freezing ice has started and it is supposed to be going on until Sunday. A good chance of a lot of power outages here.

http://www.weather.gov/

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/forecast/Map...n&CiTemplate=1
    Wow, that's too bad. This time of the year we are usually covered in snow, and all the kids miss a TON of school, but this year, it's been in the 40's and 50's most of the time with only a couple of days that went below freezing during the day.

The bad thing is, if it was cold enough, I think the house would be buried under snow. It has been raining here about 5 days out of the week, or at least it seems. Wait ... it was sunny yesterday ... oh yeah it rained about 6ishpm .... lol Doesn't look like we are going to get any snow this year :'(
    KK

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Wow, that stinks! I just heard on the radio that it's going to be colder in some parts of California tonight than it will be here in upstate NY. The good news is it might kill off a lot of Medflies. The bad news is it'll do the same to the citrus crops.

We're having an El Nino oscillation I think so the weather is all screwy.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Wow, that stinks! I just heard on the radio that it's going to be colder in some parts of California tonight than it will be here in upstate NY. The good news is it might kill off a lot of Medflies. The bad news is it'll do the same to the citrus crops.

We're having an El Nino oscillation I think so the weather is all screwy.
    It snowed in parts of Southern California this morning! The only other time it snowed here was about 25 years ago ... LOL - big doings for us sun kids.

Cold killing the medflies would be nice. Much better than government spraying of the city which worries me more than the annoying medflies.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

http and a telephoto
    Patrick, stay safe and warm!!! I've been through a severe ice storm, it isn't fun
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks lox.

Since the "day job" let go I came home to do work related to marketing online and aff marketing. Goal for the day: Consolidate all of my hosting accounts to one company. Then work on my blog. It will be a good weekend to get stuff done. Three days of this stuff.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Sitting right here in the middle of it. (KS)

Barely snowing, but it was kind enough to put a thin layer of ice beneath it that you can't really see. Uhhhhg.

Wishing my day job would let me go home, but they have already had to do that twice this year so they probably won't do it again. {Sigh}

Sheri

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    It snowed in parts of Southern California this morning! The only other time it snowed here was about 25 years ago ... LOL - big doings for us sun kids.
    I recall it snowed on the Palos Verdes peninsula in CA a few years ago (before I moved to Seattle), but it melted as soon as it hit the ground.

Up here, I slid into work today on the icy roads. We got 5" of snow on Wednesday night, which melted a little (but not much) yesterday. Our cul de sac is a skating rink and all our cars are rear wheel drive, no snow tires, no snow chains. Wheeeeeeeee! I wonder if I can make enough in affiliate commissions this year to get a 4WD, not that it would help our situation right now...

It was 17 degrees at my house this morning (and that's after the sun came up). Brrrrr. That is downright arctic for this CA-bred girl.

For all of you dealing with cold/ice/snow, stay warm! Don't drive if you don't have to.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Just rain so far here in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. They're saying that the worst will be north of here, but you never know.

At least I don't have to leave the house in my "daily commute".
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

So sorry to hear about all weather troubles in the midwest. Its cold for us here in Ventura County, CA. about 55 degrees...I have turned up the heat! Supposed to be in the 20's tonight... So much for the crops...hope all the strawberries dont freeze!

Weather Wierdness
    In Victoria, BC, we're covered in ice and snow. In most Canadian cities, that wouldn't be a problem, but this happens so rarely here that we've only got about 2 snowplows. A salting/sanding infrastructure barely exists, so it's a nightmare of fender-benders and impromptu offroading here. I did a graceful pirouette of 180 degrees in my car while coming down a hill just last night (luckily not hitting anything). It's just crazy how many storms we've been having.

Then conversely, I have a friend who works in a ski town in the French Alps, where they're starving for snow and have to actually drive further up the mountain to get to it. This, coming from a ski-in/ski-out kind of town.

Weather this year is crazy!

P.

Just started up here in Chicago, but hey, we're used to it! Hopefully I won't have to leave the house tonight...
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Well, hubby and I carpooled home early tonight to avoid the re-freeze on the main roads. Our cul de sac is still solid ice. Our car almost became intimately familiar with the tree next to our driveway as we slid past the turn in. Wheeeeeeeeee! Fortunately, the car stopped skidding in time. We're not going anywhere this weekend until the ice melts. We're debating whether or not we should order pizza and subject the poor pizza guy to our skating rink.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Meadow - where are you located?
    ---
    ---

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    The weather this winter has been just plain weird.

Normally by Christmas we are buried in snow, like a min. of 2 feet on the ground and COLD.

We had two snow storms this year and the snow melted within a couple days.

We have had nothing on the ground, but got up morning before last to a dusting of snow, but the grass is still poking through.

It has been in the 50's. Today it rained all day and then dropped down fast and froze, so going is slow right now around here.

I hate the snow, so I keep looking at it as another month and half is what would normally be the worst of our winter, so maybe, just maybe we are going to eek by this year with next to nothing. If so, I will be happy camper.

The motels and stuff up here are hurting big time though.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by ~Michelle
    The weather this winter has been just plain weird...
    Absolutely!

Last Saturday I was walking barefoot on the beach in the surf at waters edge. And this is January in Maryland. We're back at the beach this weekend and tomorrow it is supposed to be rainy--but 60 degrees.

But, next week some of that midwest COLD is forecast to hit us--to bring temps in the teens and twentys--but that is normal for this time of year. Too bad we won't be prepared for it. I have gotten spoiled and am already looking forward to Spring.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Hmmmmmmm.....

Guess I spoke to soon. There is an ice strom heading our way!!
    KK

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread