Ever find weird stuff on your computer?
    I went into a folder to do some work, and there was a "New Text Document.txt" file in it. I have text files all over my hard drive from random thoughts, pieces of code I want to save, etc. But I always name them bsed on what's inside, and usually save them in a corresponding folder.

The information in this file:

<br><P>On <I>Head Games</I>, Foreigner tries hard to forget they're a phenomenon — a self-contained economy with their own Gross Platinum Product — and gets down to the unfinished business of being a rock & roll band.</P><P>Admittedly, they could have tried harder. "Head Games" sounds too familiar — e.g., the swirling synthesizers, Gothic keyboards and multitracked guitar parts from <I>Foreigner</I>'s "Cold as Ice" and "Long, Long Way from Home" — to be much more than AM-radio insurance. "Blinded by Science," on the other hand, suffers from an overdose of ecological sincerity compounded by tired rhythms and a conspicuous lack of hooks.</P><P>But hard as it is to root for a group that's amassed as much precious metal as this one (at last count, <I>Foreigner</I> and <I>Double Vision</I> had sold a total of 9 million copies), <I>Head Games</I> presents a very persuasive case that these guys can rock with spirit and conviction. Powered by guitarist-songwriter Mick Jones' jackhammer riffing and Dennis Elliott's ham-fisted drumming, "Dirty White Boy," "Seventeen" and the presumably tongue-in-cheek misogynous chant, "Women," are refreshingly free of the pomp-art, heavy-metal flourishes that made the band its fortune. Punchy organ fills, spare vocal harmonies and fast, guerrilla guitar breaks challenge but rarely upstage the cock's crowing of lead singer Lou Gramm.</P><P>After reaffirming their roots with a passing nod at the New Wave forces yapping at their heels, Foreigner trots out the English art-rock trappings that have always worked for them in the past. But the difference between <I>Double Vision</I> or <I>Foreigner</I> and the new LP's "Love on the Telephone." "Rev on the Red Line" or even the surprisingly poppish "Do What You Like" is an urgency that transcends the group's reliance on the tried-and-true. "Love on the Telephone" may bear more than a distant resemblance to "Cold as Ice" in Al Greenwood's rhythmic and melodic deployment of synthesizers against the tune's guitar-piano axis, yet its crisp and immediate "live" sound (the contribution of co-producer and sonic architect Roy Thomas Baker) is a real attraction.</P><P>There are still some chinks to be hammered out in Foreigner's armor. Jones' boyish tenor in "The Modern Day" is no match for Gramm's throaty howl, and the clichéd macho stance of songs like "I'll Get Even with You" and "Seventeen" intimate an underdeveloped lyrical imagination. But <I>Head Games</I> is Foreigner's best album because they're finally willing to admit there can be a distinction between making hit records and making good rock & roll, platinum be damned. (RS 305)</P><br><P>DAVID FRICKE</P><br><br>
    And the weird part is, it was in the Playful Plush Toys folder, in the shopping directory, in the development folder for Skaboodle. I've never been that far off in my saves, and I do not remember that at all (I remember saving things, sober or not).

Searching part of the first line brings up 3 sites on Google with that article (superseventies.com, rollingstone.com and musicstack.com). Ok, granted I may have saved that article for some odd reason, but I wouldn't have viewed the source to get it.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Looks like the kind of thing that you see embedded in spam emails to bypass filters.. hmm.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

You might want to run a sturdy virus or adware scan...this might be a template for spam emails your computer is sending out without your knowledge.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Looks like it came from here somehow:

h**p://www.superseventies.com/foreigner.html

odd...it may be harmless but I'd give your system a good once over to be sure.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread