Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Is CJ Tracking / Reporting Still Behind??
    I am not one to complain about sales not tracking, but things have been soooo slowwww for me lately, I have made a test purchase 2 days ago from a merchant that does not batch. The sale is yet to show up - I have emailed the merchant with their invoice tracking # - I will let you know what comes of it - I will contact CJ after I get the merchant's response.

I'm not seeing problems with my real-time or batch CJ merchants. Maybe it's a merchant-related delay?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Merchant is following up with CJ - sale was reported to them 4 days ago. Should be interesting.......

I think it behooves every affiate to do a test purchase periodically - this particular situation is becoming quite frustrating - the merchant points at CJ, CJ is ignoring me, the invoice clearly shows the reporting transaction number to CJ. This is only a small commission, my order has already been received, payment has gone through, this is NOT a batch merchant. It makes me wonder, escpecially when the income for the month drops by 95%! So who has got the answers, I wonder. I am going to wait one more day then telephone. It's interesting to note that for the last 3 years I was a top performer - big bucks - CJ responded to me within 2 hours when I emailed - now I have slid into the ranks of the lower earners and it takes days before anyone takes notice. I never realized how frustrating it was until now.

Abigail you're not alone here as I'm also starting to wonder what is going on with my account at CJ. At least your sales have only dropped by 95% - try a 100% drop on for size!! I haven't shown one single sale with CJ this month, which has never ever happened before, and I've been doing this for almost 6 years now. From your post I take it that your test puchase has not shown up yet, or has it? I think I'd best do one myself and see what happens, because I'm really starting to get worried now.

I have noticed a decline in conversions this month as well.... Best traffic ever this month too...

No issues here. Sales have been incredible (almost doubled) for December and January.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Unhappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy
    ...From your post I take it that your test puchase has not shown up yet, or has it? I think I'd best do one myself and see what happens, because I'm really starting to get worried now.
    No it has not shown up. CJ rep says that if it was reported to CJ it would be showing. They have no way to track sales that are not reported - and around and around I go - I have sent another email to the merchant - merchant says yes, yes we did report. CJ rep says if I am unhappy with the merchant perhaps I should switch. I blew up at her and embarrassed myself to the point I apologized. It is not her fault, of course, but how frustrating is this!

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail
    CJ rep says if I am unhappy with the merchant perhaps I should switch. I blew up at her and embarrassed myself to the point I apologized. It is not her fault, of course, but how frustrating is this!
    Perhaps you should share the CJ rep's advice with the merchant concerned (that you should switch merchants)! I'm sure they won't be too pleased with her words of advice!! Heck that will really piss them off big time. And I certainly can see why you blew up at her - I would probably have done the same. Keep us informed, as this could be interesting . By the way I actually made my first sale of the month with CJ today - absolutely amazing to say the least. Good luck with your test purchase, and I hope it pops up sometime before Christmas.

ABW Ambassador
    The merchant needs to get with their CJ rep and get to the bottom of this. While the comment you received from CJ Support is unacceptable (and the merchant should definitely pass it on to his/her CJ rep), the merchant needs to determine why their affiliate sales are not being reported.

I, too, have had some unusual lack of activity with CJ merchants beginning on 1/16. I have had sales report from only one CJ merchant. I'm going to wait a few more days before contacting CJ about it.

Unhappy
    Just an update for those that had some comment on this thread - Our trusted 3rd Party (CJ) has now put in writing that there is not a thing they can do for me and have no intention of pursuing this issue with the merchant - the merchant is now completely ignoring my emails. As soon as I have completed a recent rollover concerning a merchant leaving CJ for Performics, I will be rolling the rest of the programs I can out of CJ - such is life, the beat must go on!

Abigail
    I posted something like this on another thread. My test purchase did not show, emailed the am and the sale came in almost immediately (after 4 days), then PART of that sale was reversed. When I complained to the am, the answer was that they were new to CJ, still learning the ropes, and a lot of sales were reversed. They would get back to me. The advertiser did answer a few emails, but then nothing.

As for CJ, I must have gotten the same CJ rep as you. Her answer was the same, "you have free will". Then added, the advertiser is in good standing with us. Guess that means I am the cheater here. Really don't care about my sale at this point, but for an affiliate manager to say, many sales were reversed because fraud was suspected and get away with it, blows me away.

Sorry about the length of this.

How about the merchant's name, so that we know to avoid them in the future. I for one will stay clear for sure if that's how they behave.

edit: you should let the merchant know as well that you plan on posting their info on a very public forum, where thousands of affiliates pass daily. Lose one sale now, or possibly lose many, many more b/c of their stupidity.

This thread has gotten my blood boiling. I've had more than my share of CJ sales retracted for little to no reason. Why it was frustrating then, I just assumed that it was some legitimate error in processing (that I didn't earn the commission that was taken away). Now, I'm not so sure. And I'm talking about thousands of dollars in reversals.

I've done some test purchases, and they've all gone through without any problems. But I find this whole thing deeply problematic. How do we (as affiliates and merchants) know who we can trust? Isn't that the point of 3rd party processors?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by EASY STREET
    Abigail
    When I complained to the am, the answer was that they were new to CJ, still learning the ropes, and a lot of sales were reversed.
    they were probably trying to figure out the best way to get sales without having to pay the affiliates

Exactly right, way to go, although you would think CJ would be interested in the $$ they are not getting.

Abigail I'm really sorry to hear that you have had no solution to your problem with CJ and this merchant - frankly it's disgusting, and leaves a very bad taste in my mouth . I can understand if it was a sale placed by somebody else, but this was a TEST PURCHASE that you made yourself! Is it just possible that this particular merchant does not allow affiliates to purchase through their own links? I know that there are some who don't. However, whatever the reason for your sale not tracking, they should at least have the decency to tell you why. I wonder how many of us are being stiffed on a daily basis, and we don't even know about it.

Abigail I'm really sorry to hear that you have had no solution to your problem with CJ and this merchant - frankly it's disgusting, and leaves a very bad taste in my mouth . I can understand if it was a sale placed by somebody else, but this was a TEST PURCHASE that you made yourself! Is it just possible that this particular merchant does not allow affiliates to purchase through their own links? I know that there are some who don't. However, whatever the reason for your sale not tracking, they should at least have the decency to tell you why. I wonder how many of us are being stiffed on a daily basis, and we don't even know about it.
    I guarantee it's a lot more than many people think. It's all about transparency, and as long as there is none in this business, it'll keep on forever.

Is it just possible that this particular merchant does not allow affiliates to purchase through their own links? I know that there are some who don't.
    That is not the problem here - the merchant has confirmed by way of an email that the sale was reported to CJ - CJ has confirmed by way of verbal and email that the sale was not reported. Both the merchant and CJ are aware that this was my own sale - I have an invoice and on the invoice there is even a CJ tracking number for the transaction - 71******5 / Commission J

Update just now - Merchant has sent another email - "We will followup with CJ"

We'll see.

ABW Ambassador
    Best idea is to expose the merchant, many merchant AM's visit this forum, we need to keep the bad ones in check otherwise they will think they can get away with it. If any merchants screw you over, you are absolutely sure and have proof them expose them here.

Also look into contacting affiliatefairplay.com as apparently they deal with this sort of thing. We need to clean up these merchants who think they can get away with fraud and take our hard earned commissions plus keep on the networks backs, there needs to be a strong affiliate group or union to take on these companies that are taking our money. The problem is most affiliates work on their own and have little resources to take on these companies that think they can screw us over, we need to stand up for our rights and stamp out this sort of thing. I'm sure we only get a fraction of what we really make, at least Linkshare has reports where you can see transactions that were not paid out because of various issues like over the return user days on the cookie.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I am not all together convinced it is the merchant that is the problem.

I am not all together convinced it is the merchant that is the problem.
    It is in CJ's best interest for them to properly list all transactions submitted by the merchant (and to find out what's wrong if that isn't happening), as CJ gets a percentage of each commission as their fees.

ABW Ambassador
    the merchant has confirmed by way of an email that the sale was reported to CJ - CJ has confirmed by way of verbal and email that the sale was not reported. Both the merchant and CJ are aware that this was my own sale - I have an invoice and on the invoice there is even a CJ tracking number for the transaction - 71******5 / Commission J
    they may both be right.

Your ID may have been replaced in transit by thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    It is in CJ's best interest for them to properly list all transactions submitted by the merchant (and to find out what's wrong if that isn't happening), as CJ gets a percentage of each commission as their fees.
    Exactly what I would have said a few weeks ago and what I have been saying for almost 8 years, as a CJ fan, but you really have to speak to the customer support and discuss this kind of issue to understand - those people really don't get it - I got the "if you are unhappy with the merchant, you have free will, so switch." Trust me you have to walk in the shoes of one who is going through this - my FREE WILL may just take me right out of CJ.

Online Marketing Consultant
    One thing that merchants do have the option to do however is manually credit you within cj at any point in time. You can always ask for a manual credit.

We are a batch processing merchant on CJ and we are reporting normal without delay. Our sales and leads are also way up so CJ is definitely on track right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast