Hi everyone,

is this worth pursuing?

Google estimated daily searches: 500
    Overture monthly: 8000

Average price: $60-$80

Comm: 8-15% depending on merchant.

Definately something you could buy on the web.

I'm none to experienced and would appreciate some expert opinions [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Many thanks...

Nick

ABW Ambassador
    Well I'll do my math.....

Google is probably closer in numbers than Overture....so between 400-800 searches per day.
    (overture is overly exagerated due to webmasters searching for keywords so I usually divide it by 10 and then some to be safe)

Each sale on an average of 10% (easier to work with ) would be $6-8 per sale on each item.

So if you use a merchant that can convert on your site in 1-100 clicks. This would be 1 sale X 4(low number) so roughly $24 per day.

As a low number, this is only if you can convert 1 in 100 click througs, and providing you'll have 400 click throughs per day.

Maybe More maybe less.Depends on converting merchant, or merchants. And it'll also depend upon you as a Sales Rep and ad copy.

ABW Ambassador
    >>Google estimated daily searches: 500
    <snip>
    Average price: $60-$80
    Comm: 8-15% depending on merchant.<<

I don't use the google estimates, but if I saw those numbers in WordTracker and IF the search phrase was what I consider to be an "I want to BUY this now" phrase, I'd be on it in a heartbeat...

Keep in mind, I DON'T do PPC, so my opinions may be skewed toward the less conservative.

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    NEVER trust Oversure's suggested numbers. Canfree is right, and it's a crime if you ask me.

Use wordtracker, be sure before you buy.

Interesting stuff. Thanks!

Guess I've gotta work out if it will really sell on the net or if I just think it will.....

Nick

For some strange reason 1% seems a constant on all things web. Banner ads seem to have a 1 in 100 click through rate (or at least they did!) and orders (especially on my site) run on average at 1 per every 100 visitors.

So far I have never paid for clicks but there again I am lucky that on Oversure I am still on the first page as there are very few sites bidding for position in my category.

There are better people here than me on maths and return on investment but 400 clicks at 10c each = $40. Sales of 4 per 400 clicks = $24, means you've lost money!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>There are better people here than me on maths and return on investment but 400 clicks at 10c each = $40. Sales of 4 per 400 clicks = $24, means you've lost money!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your right..it's a loss, if that's the only page on your site.

People have to be making money somewhere on PPC or we wouldn't have it.

So here's a different look at things.
    400 unique new visitors, regardless of if you sell anything. At the 1% ratio...hopefully 4 new bookmarks, and the possibility of 4 other sales in the future.

And One out the 4 sales could possibily be a Big One earning you $40 in comission alone.

If everyone did math like you and I nobody would be in PPCbuisness. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I tinker in it....when I'm not happy with Google results. hmmmmmmmIt's been along time since I did PPC....because I'm happy with google.

So you spend $40 -24 = $16 for new eyeballs as a worse case theroy, providing the 1% ratio is correct.

[ 08-20-2002: Message edited by: Canfree ]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>For some strange reason 1% seems a constant on all things web.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny thing about that, it's the rule of thumb in snail mail too. If you do a bulk mailing and receive a 1% return that it considered good. If it costs you $1000 to mail 3,000 pieces, then you better be able to generate enough income from 30 sales to justify the $1,000 investment.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread