Question about deactivated SAS merchants
    At what point do the merchants that end their affiliate program at SAS get removed from the affiliates account?

I know of 2 merchants (Bill Bam and Dog Decor) that are showing in my account that have ended a relationship with SAS, yet they appear to be active still.

I can create a page with these 2 merchants, click the links that I generate and they go to the merchants site and the clicks tracks in my stats.

In both of the merchants detail info it appears that everything is still up and running i.e sales are being made and commissions earned.

Dog Decor

Last Commissionable Transaction through Affiliate: 01/14/2007 03:41.41 PM
    Last Compliance Test Completed: 14-Jan-07

Bill Bams

Last Commissionable Transaction through Affiliate: 01/14/2007 08:11.00 PM
    Last Compliance Test Completed: 15-Jan-07

If someone missed the posts here at ABW about either of these merchants, and didn't get an email from either of them, how would an affiliate know these were "not" active? How would an affiliate know "not" to spend hours building pages for a merchant only to discover they closed the SAS program?

I agree with you

I only found out today one of my merchants was deactivared in December thanks to ABW

How do affiliates manage to keep track of their deactivated merchants

Lightbulb
    apparently cookies are still being respected at Bill Bam. I had a small sale show up a few days ago and I'm pretty sure I have no links up any more.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I just found out about dPetruzzi Handbags on there today also.

Never received an email saying they were closing.

Off to remove them now.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by ~Michelle

Off to remove them now.
    Yep and that announcement was in a thread that has nothing to do with dPetruzzi other than its handled by the same AM/Company.

Unless someone is following that Batteries.com thread they will not read that announcemnt.

Outsourced Program Manager DaveAMWSO's Avatar
    Re: Bill Bam, the Bill Bam program did announce that the affiliate program was ending at the end of December, however there was still a balance in the SAS account at that point. Bill Bam decided to keep the program open until that balance is depleted. Once it is, the program will de-activate on SAS.

Once this happens, I'll announce that here, as well as send out an affiliate newsletter communication to all the Bill Bam affiliates.

Thanks again for all the great work from all the Bill Bam affiliates.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Michelle

Off to remove them now.
    I OUTED these buggers for devising a way to force 100% of their affiliate referral sales to their coupon partners. Hopefully they closed their affiliate shop when their real management saw what was a scam to defraud them of profits by burdening ALL sales with a coupon code. ( affiliate cookie or otherwise) Stupid move to close down the referral traffic to a nice site by not banning all coupons and publish a real sale price for all shoppers. Sure hope the Purse pusher's management investigates their AM firm for ethics violations. Meanwhile they're gone from SAS entirely.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Dave it appears that Bill Bam has done everything they can do to "not" toss the affiliate account out. First they were going to close in Nov but agreed to hang in there until the Christmas shopping season was over, now they are hanging in there until the funds are depleted.

With that being said, and their willingness to work with the program, surely there is some bargaining left on the table that could keep them in the affiliate program.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAMWSO
    Re: Bill Bam, the Bill Bam program did announce that the affiliate program was ending at the end of December, however there was still a balance in the SAS account at that point. Bill Bam decided to keep the program open until that balance is depleted. Once it is, the program will de-activate on SAS.

Once this happens, I'll announce that here, as well as send out an affiliate newsletter communication to all the Bill Bam affiliates.

Thanks again for all the great work from all the Bill Bam affiliates.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/rowdyjrt]Rowdy Jack Russell Terrier[/URL]

Well, as long as it's not closed yet there is hope. In my discussions with Bill though, he has remained firm in the eventual closure of the program. I will however definitely convey your sentiment that you'd like to see it remain open.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocket
    Dave it appears that Bill Bam has done everything they can do to "not" toss the affiliate account out. First they were going to close in Nov but agreed to hang in there until the Christmas shopping season was over, now they are hanging in there until the funds are depleted.

With that being said, and their willingness to work with the program, surely there is some bargaining left on the table that could keep them in the affiliate program.

Thx Dave, lol we could create a "Bill Should Stay yes or no" poll and let him see how many love him

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAMWSO
    Well, as long as it's not closed yet there is hope. In my discussions with Bill though, he has remained firm in the eventual closure of the program. I will however definitely convey your sentiment that you'd like to see it remain open.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/rowdyjrt]Rowdy Jack Russell Terrier[/URL]

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocket
    Thx Dave, lol we could create a "Bill Should Stay yes or no" poll and let him see how many love him
    He gets my vote to stay with it!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Lightbulb
    if the program was to remain open for another year I'd put links back up. Could use GoldenCAN integration, though . . .

I vote he stays up!

Appreciate all the votes and encouragement for the Bill Bam program to stay up. I wish affiliate response was the most important factor in the decision to close the program, unfortunately however there are other business issues involved.

Rather than leave a undefined date for program closure, the program will definitively end on January 27, regardless of balance.

Thanks again for the interest and good sentiment in Bill Bam.

Dave

ABW Ambassador
    Bill Bam's closed their affiliate program?!

If I hadn't stumbled on this thread, I wouldn't have known.

I had posted the notice in the AMWSO forum here on Abestweb, and had sent out an email via the Shareasale newsletter feature.

I tried to get the word out through multiple channels. I'm glad you did see the notice though through this thread at least. e.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Privateeye" class="inlineimg" />

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by womanht
    Bill Bam's closed their affiliate program?!

If I hadn't stumbled on this thread, I wouldn't have known.

ABW Ambassador
    SaS Could Use a Better Merchant Closing procedure
    Share A Sale really could use a better method for closing affiliates.

Merchants keep blinking on and off with the Temporarily Offline feature. The way I try to figure out if a merchant is closed is to keep a list of when they go offline. Then I decide they are closed if they are offline for more than two months.

All affiliates need is just a line in the Merchant Description page that the merchant is offline. There should be something that allows merchants to state affirmatively that they've chosen to close.

I am on SaS right now trying to figure out if Fanzz has closed or if they are just too dense to figure out how to pay their affiliate bill. Having to do this every time a merchant goes offline is a waste of my time.

I have 3 merchants offline at this time. ShipYouFurniture since 01/18/2007 and PDA Den and BentGear I discovered this morning. I use the GoldenCan feed for ShipYouFurniture and BentGear and the DFF feed for PDA Den. We really need some sort of notification when a merchant goes offline.

I did get a reply from PDA Den and BentGear. Both indicated that there was a credit card malfunction at Shareasale!

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread