I saw Janiss' post and thought that many people have problems when it comes to choosing colors for their websites. I do not believe that there are specific colors that "sell", but I think that the colors should be well thought off so they look good when they are next to each other.

Since we are dedicated to helping each other here at ABW, I want to help all of those that are lost when it comes to choosing color schemes for their websites.

I have been using a very small program for a long time now, and it is VERY helpful for choosing your color schemes. It is called Color Schemer and can be found HERE. This is NOT an affiliate link!

You can also find a small tutorial on colors on this website. If you follow the rules for the colors, with Color Schemer you can produce very good looking colors. You can download it and you can try it out. It is not even too expensive for those who really need it.

Hope that this will help a lot of people. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Looks like a good tool, Alex - of course, since I'm on a Mac it won't work for me. But just popping around the site is enough to get my brain functioning.

Ironically, I don't much like the color scheme for their site - reminds me too much of a carrot. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>of course, since I'm on a Mac it won't work for me<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Sorry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ironically, I don't much like the color scheme for their site - reminds me too much of a carrot. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Choosing color schemes is strictly individual. They chose those colors, and they work together even though you might not like them. The standards for color matching in Color Schemer are widely accepted and are NOT set by the authors of Color Schemer.

ABW Ambassador
    That's Great............

It can really improve your imagination on it......Oh what actually can go together.

ABW Ambassador
    Another great site -- with great freebie online tools for color is http://www.visibone.com/

They also have cool web-colorwheel posters (but you have to buy those [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]).

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread