Talking Ok I am confused
    I just launched a brand new site, and today I had my first 2 visitors arrive through AdWords, and according to Google Analytics one person viewed 4 pages and the other 9 pages.

Now when I checked my SAS account for that merchant it showed 11 hits for today and I was just confused as to why there would be 11 hits if there were only 2 unique visitors

Did one person go back and forth between my site and the merchants? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Did something else happen? I was just hoping someone could shed some light on this for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEmpire
    I just launched a brand new site, and today I had my first 2 visitors arrive through AdWords, and according to Google Analytics one person viewed 4 pages and the other 9 pages.

Now when I checked my SAS account for that merchant it showed 11 hits for today and I was just confused as to why there would be 11 hits if there were only 2 unique visitors

Did one person go back and forth between my site and the merchants? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Did something else happen? I was just hoping someone could shed some light on this for me.
    The shareasale reports don't track unique clicks, but overall clicks. In other words, one person can click 5 times through to the merchant site (from your site) and it'll register as 5 clicks in the SAS report. Hope that helps.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

So then it is possible that the visitor went to the merchant and then came back to my site?

I am just trying to figure out if they did that because they were confused on why they were going to a different site, or they kept coming back because they liked my site

That's likely what happened. It happens all the time with my sites.

I don't think SAS has a better reporting feature, or any other traffic stats beyond one day. It's one thing I'd wish they'd improve on.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Also keep in mind that all reporting is an un-exact science. When you are dealing with one or two visitors and a few clicks here and there, you should leave some margin for error.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

15 years and counting
    SAS reports many clicks from bots, too. So, it could be 2 visitors, 9 bots.

You guys are great thanks for the help everybody!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread