I just got spammed on my cell phone! The worst part is I do not except email to my cell phone! It just popped up. Has this happened to anyone, I now have to spend an eternity on hold to talk to ten different people to make sure it gets nocked off my bill. 5 cents may not seem like much, but if they hit my phone like they hit my email, ill be broke by noon tommorow.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Aaacckkk! I knew there was a reason I don't have a cell phone. I suppose it was only a matter of time. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] How in the world did they get it through if you don't accept email to your phone? Was it your email address? :confused:

It wasn't my adress, I am still trying to find out. My phone has the capability, but I don't have it set up. I will bet they just emailed a group of the providers customers.

ABW Ambassador
    I've been getting spam on my cell phone sporadically for over a year...I'm not sure any stores are doing this yet, but a while back I heard about a new technology that would enable stores to spam you on your cell phone as you walk past. I'd probably end up throwing my phone through their window [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Celicaphile:
    I heard about a new technology that would enable stores to spam you on your cell phone as you walk past.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be great for affiliate marketing, since I would refuse to ever again patronize a store that did that to me. I am sure millions of others feel the same way.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread