Question Linkshare payment
    I'm wondering how long does it take for linkshare to issue payment.

I'm new to linkshare and last month I've earned about $200 in commissions.
    I don't see updated payment reports or anything.

Anyone have experience here,please advice.

Quote Originally Posted by 8millions

Most merchants at Linkshare issue their own checks. Thus you would get a check from each. Some are very slow (months). Also you will have to have more than the minumum affiliate payout for each also.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Most merchants at Linkshare issue their own checks.
    Not quite.

Linkshare invoices the merchants on or around the 5th

In theory, merchants send a check to LS on or about the 20th

Those merchants that actually paid on time, Linkshare consolidates all those merchant checks and pays you with one check on the 8th

The merchants who paid after the cutoff, you get a consolidated check on the 20th

But in reality, you should get a check next August!! (just kiddin)

Oh I see. I thought that the merchant sent the check to the advertiser.
    I knew it was different than CJ does though.
    I guess I was misinformed.
    I have yet to get my first check so I wasn't sure.
    Thanks for correcting me.

I never count on my Linkshare earnings (small as they are) to come in any sort of timely fashion. Every so often a check arrives and it's like 'wow - free money'! The reasonably reliable monthly payment approach of CJ is *much easier to budget from if you are doing PPC via your CC like me!

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by 8millions
    You'll have updated payment reports twice a month in SynergyAnalytics.
    It takes only two weeks for LinkShare to issue a payment but it takes up to 4 months for a merchant to pay LinkShare. You'll have to add up everything, some merchants like Overstock used to be faster to pay, like 30 days.
    Most LinkShare merchants don't send check directly to the affiliates. I'm still getting checks directly but it's not the majority anymore.
    Consolidated payments are effective and I'm quite happy with their check payments. It's quite a nice improvement after the Athena fiasco. Their bank in California is doing a great job.
    Just be patient, you'll get your check.

i have unpaid money from Vitacost October, November, December

Rather then creating a new thread, I'll try here since it's essentially the same.

I have commissions from November and LS received payment on 12/20 and 12/30. When should those payments be issued (assuming they bother to actually pay on the timeline advertised)?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by drv1
    I have commissions from November and LS received payment on 12/20 and 12/30. When should those payments be issued (assuming they bother to actually pay on the timeline advertised)?
    Linkshare had a payment cycle on 12/20, so the 12/20 merchant payment may have just missed it. The next payment cycle was on 1/5, so both of the payments you reference should have been paid by then.

Do you have a minimum payment threshold set in your Linkshare profile? Is all of the information in your profile correct? Do you receive checks from Linkshare or direct deposit?

If any of those issues don't address your situation, call Linkshare Support at 888-SHARE-89 ext. 644 between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. EST Monday-Friday.

My commissions were pretty high (xx,xxx) so it was not a threshold issue. Everything else appears to be fine as well. I guess I'll have to call.
    Last edited by drv1; January 18th, 2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: fix grammar

ABW Ambassador
    My commissions were pretty high (xx,xxx) so it was not a threshold issue. Everything else appears to be fine as well. I guess I'll have to come call.
    Have you ever received payment from those merchants before?

I suspect there may be an issue as to why your payments are being held and the merchant has directed Linkshare not to pay you. This has been reported before. If your sales activity is suspected to be fraudulent, you will not be paid unless/until you can prove it is legitimate.

The time I recall reading about this happening, neither the merchant nor Linkshare contacted the affiliate. It was ultimately resolved and payment was made several months late after the affiliate initiated contact with Linkshare and the merchant.

Yes, I have (infact, last years numbers were higher for some merchants). The most recent payments of that amount were sent in May and nothing has been changed since then.

I don't think there would be any suspicion on traffic as it is all CPS purchases through the "big names" retailers via standard links (not hidden, embedded/hijacking software, etc) posted on my sites.
    Last edited by drv1; January 18th, 2007 at 11:55 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    You haven't received any payments since May and you're just now asking about them and you say you are owed a 5 figure amount? I'm beginning to think something is fishy here and there's probably a good reason why you haven't been paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    You haven't received any payments since May and you're just now asking about them and you say you are owed a 5 figure amount? I'm beginning to think something is fishy here and there's probably a good reason why you haven't been paid.
    I should clarify, the last time I received substantial similar amounts was in May, but throughout the year my sites earn a couple hundred a month which I have received.

I'm not saying I'm owed anything from May. The oldest is from October which the merchants have just paid LS for in Dec, but now LS has been paid for a month, but I have not.

If you knew what the site was that earned the commission, you would understand why it only generates significant money during two months of the year.
    Last edited by drv1; January 19th, 2007 at 12:05 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    As Zeus mentioned earlier, you can see everything about your payments in "SynergyAnalytics" which can be found at the top left of the home page. Iv'e never had any problems yet with LS payments but they do take a long time to get processed but as long as the money is reported & eventually paid then I'm reasonably happy. Have a good look at your reports too as sometimes commissions get returned & there is lots of info in the LS reports.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Glinted --

Thanks!! Believe it or not, I had never used (nor noticed!) the SynergyAnalytics tab and had simply tried the Merchant Status Update & Merchant Payment History textlinks under 'Your Account'. I knew I had sales via the Run Reports option, but never knew the status of anything. Wow - lots of neat info in the SynergyAnalytics stuff!!

Thanks again!
    OTProf

I should add that the Merchant Payment History textlink only gives info through Feb 2005! Why is that still there?!

I usually get paid twice a month through DD. First payment around the 10th, and the second around the 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Just an update for anyone who was following this, I called them and as expected, there was no problem with my traffic, the hold was due to an uncashed check...

15 years and counting
    Just an update for anyone who was following this, I called them and as expected, there was no problem with my traffic, the hold was due to an uncashed check...
    You can see in SynergyAnalytics when your checks were sent and if and when they were cashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    You can see in SynergyAnalytics when your checks were sent and if and when they were cashed.
    I've been on DD since they introduced it so I don't know why it took so long to trigger, but, thanks, I will check to see if I could find which one it was.

15 years and counting
    I've been on DD since they introduced it so I don't know why it took so long to trigger, but, thanks, I will check to see if I could find which one it was.
    It's not easy to find. You need to follow these steps:
    Network Transaction Analysis
    Payment Analysis
    Affiliate Payment Summary
    Affiliate Monthly Payment Summary
    Click on Payment ID
    You'll find:
    Payment Status Date : 01/05/07 issued
    Payment Status Name Payment : 01/19/07 cleared

For each check you should have a "cleared date" If one of your checks is lost they will block your next payments.
    I think it's dumb, the best will be to contact the affiliate first.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread