Reading Material For The Plane
    Although it is a little too late for some I figure I post here and see what everyone planned on reading on the trip. I am sure we all are diverse on subjects. I bet there is at least one book or magazine about affiliate marketing in your suitcase. I am curious what it is.

Mine for this trip is "The Tipping Point" - Malcom Gladwell recommended by Dave Taylor. I bought it a month ago and never got into it.

Anyone else
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Good one. That's sitting on my nightstand too. Though I suspect on this flight, I will be sleeping.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    The Tipping Point is a good book. It will help you think about how memes occur which might help you figure out how to work on viral marketing.

I'm reading The Second John McPhee Reader. But I'm not reading it on a plane since I'm not going anywhere. So if you see anyone at AffSum with the nametag "Rhea," that ain't me.

The Tipping Point is good. I have 3 books going right now and could not pick one good enough to take on the plane, so I stopped at Borders and picked up Patterson's new paperback - I think the name is Honeymoon or something. I can usually stay interested in his stories until the end.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    I bought 2 books for Cuba neither of which I got further into than beyond the first or second page because well, my Cuba trip rocked and there was far too much to be done. NO time for reading. So, bringing both to Vegas and see if anything gets read. Highly unlikely but will try.

I've got Mitch Albom's latest book (He wrote Tuesday's with Morrie) and also My Friend Leonard, by James Frey - the sequel to A Million Little Pieces, written as a work of non-fiction only to be revealed as mostly BS after its release but an inspiring story, nonetheless. Here's to hoping the sequel is just as good.

If you want something not business related to read and you like dogs, I'd recommend Marley and Me by John Grogan. It's a heartwarming story about a neurotic, destructive, but completely loving and loveable yellow lab. It so reminded me of our sweet little beagle/yellow lab mix (beaglador) and how we nearly reached our wit's end in the process of solving/accomodating all her issues (she was an abandoned shelter dog with a bit of baggage). You'll laugh, you'll cry, so if you're not comfortable doing that around strangers, maybe you should find another book for the plane and save this one for later.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    I have three fiction books with me:

Human Factor by Graham Greene
    Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
    Consider Phlebas by Ian Banks
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    If you haven't read 'Marketing Outrageously' by Joel Spoelestra yet, buy it, and if you didn't think it was good, I'll buy it from you and give it to someone I know.

Every marketing person needs to read that book. Like every web developer/designer/webmaster needed/needs to read 'Don't Make Me Think' by Steve Krug.

Both are bibles to me.
    Jim Kukral
    You will love my book: Attention! This Book Will Make You Money

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I read parts of the latest Revenue magazine - between cat naps. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Talking
    Ok I confess, I brought only the Mitch Albom book and read half a page from it before opting to watch the in flight movie "Little Miss Sunshine." That flight was only 4.5 hours but felt like 6! I made it, I'm here, no more reading for now. Now I need sleep to get ready for the next few days of mixing business w/ pleasure...

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread