Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    LinkShare ABW Story
    So I had something that's never happened before occur at the LinkShare event in San Francisco. I got approached by someone who was mad about a thread on ABW, they claimed that the thread flamed them “unjustly” and was “filled with false accusations” (the reason I got approached was that I was wearing an ABW button).

The person in question wanted a method of addressing those accusations and asked me what I recommended they do about it?

And I responded, start a dialogue. After all that impart is what ABW is about, right? Developing dialogue.

I also mentioned that, since the person in question would be at the Affiliate Summit this week, that there were plenty of ABW members there to be found. Why not start a dialogue there?

It will be interesting to see if they do…
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

ABW Ambassador
    I'm going to assume this was an affiliate manager? How about just responding to the accusation where it was made? Sorry, but I can't help but wonder how bright this person is. To me, this is just a no brainer.

I'm not sure how you are proposing starting a dialogue at the Affiliate Summit to address a specific merchant/affiliate issue. Who are you suggesting that he start a dialogue with?

Actually he is an affiliate.

It does seem pretty straightforward to me as well. If you disagree with or feel something is inaccurate on a thread, you respond to it in that thread. I think he felt that if he posted that he would only get lambasted and no one would listen. So I mentioned he could meet some ABWers and start a dialogue. Since this business is ultimately all about relationships, it just made sense to me.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

ABW Ambassador
    Wonder which thread. It's not the couponer that was scraping other couponer's sites was it?

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Wonder which thread. It's not the couponer that was scraping other couponer's sites was it?
    The thread as very specifically about this person, it happened in the last six months and obviously they were still very irritated by it. Much like I wouldn't reveal or share information about an ABW member unless they gave permission, I am not comfortable pointing directly to the thread. I am hoping that after meeting me and maybe meeting a few other ABWers (hopefully we will be hard to miss at the Summit with our buttons, etc.) the affiliate will see we're not that scary, come to the forums here, and post on the thread.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    OK. This is weird. I have seen attacks on something but there's usually some ground for that.

And there are lots of people from ABW that went to the Linkshare Summit. I think I saw a dozen or so people from ABW (merchants and affiliates).

That being said, TrustNo1, if we are on the same page, I do not think that the person or couponer that you referred to attended the LS Summit, or I did not see that person. Here is a partial list and I know that LS would never leave their name out if he/she attended http://www.linkshare.com/summit2007/attendees.shtml

I am more likely to say that it might have something to do with parasite (or cookie alteration).

http and a telephoto
    I think you are missing the point already, the point isn't "who is it", the point is, he or she should be encouraged to discuss the issue with people... in person, since they will be here.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    I think you are missing the point already, the point isn't "who is it", the point is, he or she should be encouraged to discuss the issue with people... in person, since they will be here.
    Thank you Deb Well said!
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread