The worst part of Affiliate Summit is...
    ... having to leave the pooch at the kennel, or as we call it "puppy prison". Actually, we're trying PetSmart PetHotel this time.

I miss her already. There was nobody to greet us when we came home. Every time I've gotten off the couch tonight, I expect her to be lying in my path. There'll be nobody hogging my side of the bed tonight.

I'm going to have a great time at Affiliate Summit, but I'll be happy to see the puppy when I get back!

Anybody else gonna miss their furry kids while at Affiliate Summit?

-Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Awwwwwwwwwwww she's so beautiful MM!

Enjoy AS and know she'll be in good hands until you return.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I left my pet @ home at the Linkshare Summit. Got somebody to come pet sit for a couple of hrs

I thought the worst part was hving to pay to go

Trying to figure out which sessions to attend...

The smarter half is staying home with the dogs & our two year old son. Working at home, he & I are best pals... inseperable.

I'm at the airport waiting for the flight & I miss the little troublemaker already.

I will miss my daughter 6 months old =(

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn

Anybody else gonna miss their furry kids while at Affiliate Summit?
    I go into withdrawals just going to the grocery store.

When I had surgery it nearly killed me the days I had to stay in the hosp...ok crazy confession time... Hubby put the phone to our fur babies ear so we could talk lol

The worst part of affiliate summit is.....
    Not being able to be there.....

Well, we're in Vegas now. The worst part of this trip is not missing the pup now. It's this sinus infection I've been trying to get rid of the past week. Feeling a bit better after starting antibiotics this week, I was all set to have a great night on the town, before my head "exploded" in the airplane. We had to scale our plans back a little after that. We landed at noon, got to our room at 3pm... that's a whole other long, exhausting story. I promptly conked out for a 2 1/2 hour nap. Then we had dinner, checked out a wildlife exhibit, played slots for a few minutes, I took some aspirin, and now I'm ready to conk out again and it's still 2 hours til my usual bedtime.. Ugh. Let's hope tomorrow goes better!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

Bless your heart meadowmfn, I sure hope today goes better for you.

The Gospel Brunch was awesome. I met Andy and Wade there. I met Carolyn, Rexanne, and Geno at the meet market. Then I came back to the hotel and conked out for 2 1/2 hours. I'm sensing a pattern with these unplanned naps. But despite being exhausted and dealing with sinus headaches, today was MUCH better. I'll see some of you at the exhibit hall and sessions tomorrow.

meadowmfn, it was great meeting you!! Get well soon!

Geno

PS: Just woke up after my own nap (jet-lagged big time)

Thanks, Geno. It was great meeting you too. Hopefully next time I'll have more time to talk with everyone.

I'm feeling much better now that I'm back in the land of humidity. So's my husband because I kept accidentally giving him static shocks all weekend.

I wish I had gotten to meet everybody, but somehow I missed Loxly, Billy Kay, Snib, Ron, and a few others.

Hubby and I had a great time and I learned so much at the Summit. I can't wait to get started on improving my sites now!

The puppy is back home and she's a happy camper, zipping around the backyard like a crazy dog. They said she did well and was such a sweetheart. They were absolutely charmed by her. I'm not surprised. They kept a "report card", which I thought was a nice touch, so I could see that her sleeping and eating habits weren't impacted much and that she adjusted well. Guess I'll be boarding her there next time Affiliate Summit rolls around.

It's nice to know someone treats the puppies like we would our own! My puppy loved all the stuffed toys I got at the Summit! He cant wait for mom to go next time!

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBDM
    It's nice to know someone treats the puppies like we would our own! My puppy loved all the stuffed toys I got at the Summit! He cant wait for mom to go next time!

Oh, just wait til my pup gets a load of that InsureMe bungee ball!! She's going to go nuts. If I can get her to stay still enough (doubt it), I'll take a picture of her in the Elvis sunglasses. She is going to have a blast chasing the ipod laser pointer thingy. Funny, after I mentioned my dog would love it, the guy handing them out said that most of the people he gave them to said the same thing... not "Oh, this'll be great for presentations" or some other business related use.

Our pup rarely gets stuffed toys. She loves them... to death. Poor Bobo had a stuffing-ectomy not 20 minutes after she started playing with him on Christmas morning. Not to mention I nearly got whacked in the face on several occasions as she flung Bobo at mach speed through the air. Good thing I had needle and thread ready. However, poor Bobo has been sitting on the counter for weeks now, in need of reconstructive facial surgery and an ear transplant.

OMG! The bungee ball was the one my Seabeedog LOVED the most! Should have seen his little head flying looking for it! Sooooo cute! So sorry bout the surgery that needs to be performed, I hear its expensive too! lol My puppy loves his stuffed toys so much he "defleas" them. Again, good luck with the surgery, let us know how that works out.

Our new baby Maggi was in dire need of a replacement "Binky". The little white bear was perfect except for color, but Mags is busy falling in love as we speak. She chews for awhile and then starts flinging it around and hitting us with it to get our attention.

She'll love the bungee ball too, but since it will probably get torn up, I figure one thing at a time.

http and a telephoto
    I can't believe I didn't get to meet you meadowmufn!!! Next time...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    The worst part of the summit was that I had not figured out before that affiliate marketers sleep hours are entirely different from most merchants.

The first two nights I stayed up hanging with some of my favorite ABW people until 5 am and 5:30 pm respectively. I returned to Punta Gorda via Ft Myers airport only to find that I was about ready to pass out while waiting for baggage claim. Today it finally occurred to me why the affiliate marketers I hung out with at night were so "fresh" the next day while I was taking Red Bull intraveneously.

Affiliates are night workers and I sleep at night! Der..... I'd hang out until 5 a.m. and then be up at 7 or 8 and they were sleeping in!! It never occurred to me why I saw so few affiliates before noon each day. Now I know.

But my sleep schedule has not been affected, as evidenced by the fact that it is now 2:30 am east coast time, and rather than sleeping, I am writing this stupid post to let everyone in on my brilliant discovery!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar

that it ends...

that i come home exhausted with TOO much to do...

that I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone...

that i sit and wait, worrying if i got Missy pregnant... (joking people)

that the florida humidity loosens the bloody boogers formed by Vegas's dry air WAY on up there...

my laundry basket now looks like hell...

a few more people have my email and phone number...

i only got one pair of super cool funny slippers from Melissa at CrazyForBargains...

that i have to tell my wife that she missed a SUPER cirque du soleil show - Mystère!! (THANKS S.C.!!!)

that MColey and AnneF and ScottH couldn't all win Affiliate of the Year...

that i gained 5 pounds...

and lastly, the end of this summit marks the imminent move of my best friend Scott Hazard. he's moving to Texas on me. Shit, at least we partied for ~5 days before he moves - quite the send-off / goodbye party!

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts

that the florida humidity loosens the bloody boogers formed by Vegas's dry air WAY on up there...
    You too, huh? My sinuses are happy to be back in Seattle.

Sorry I missed meeting you, Donuts!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    Sorry I missed meeting you, Donuts!
    i was cleverly disguised as a video poker machine... blending in peeps.

(c u next time!)

Online Marketing Consultant
    The worst part is I still feel like I have been hit by a Mac Truck! Well that and a huge parasite affiliate who kept butting in on my conversations!

The best part was meeting all of you and jumping out of a plane with Rexanne! =0)

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread