ABW Ambassador
    I just read an email, not sure if it's true, but in the email it says Earthlink is going to offer a service to its' customres that will kill popups. I'm not sure how they can do that, but assuming they can, will this affect the affiliate marketing system?

I personally don't like them, but I do use 1 small one on some of my sites. And it does add to the bottom line....

Yes, it's true. They've spent a fortune on a new ad campaign advertising their new software kills pop-ups and the fact that they are going to combat spam for their customers too. Watch TV and you're sure to see their new ads.

I'm not sure how it will affect AM. I just purchased Zone Alarm with the feature that kills pop-ups, and I've noticed I have to turn it off just to get into some sites. I also have to adjust my cookies in order to get into some of my affiliate sites like LS and Peformics. For instance, if I have the security level set at high, Performics logs me in, but then immediately logs me out. Having all this protection has turned out to be a lot of work. But since I now have cable, I knew it would not be wise not to have a firewall since I'm online all the time.

The weird thing is, when I go to a site like Barnes and Noble, even though I have everything turned up to high, I still get their aggrevating pop-up that appears every time I go there. On the other hand, when I go to Amazon, their fancy active banners just don't appear at all. Guess I need to learn more about this to understand it.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread