http and a telephoto
    Michael Coley - Laptop Crash
    Michael asked me to post that he is offline until about Saturday, his laptop decided it wanted to take a break and totally crashed.....

So if you need him while he is here in Vegas, PM me or call me and I can get you in touch with him.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Everybody needs a break
    Hope you recover everything MC.
    Try deep freezing it

Loxly, If you see MC, can you ask him if it is OK to send his pictures to AffiliateDinner.com (just an informal @ Gold Dust).
    It will be posted there if I send it. If it is not OK, I will not be sending it.
    Let me know ASAP.

Can you ask Scott, Jill, Nunez

http and a telephoto
    Hi Eric, I didn't check email yesterday, will ask them today
    Deborah Carney

http and a telephoto
    Nunez says OK... Looking for the others ...
    Deborah Carney

Many thanks Deb!

http and a telephoto
    Everyone ok'd Eric
    Deborah Carney

I'm back online, but am still working on recovering my email. If anyone has emailed me in the past week and a half, I'll be getting to it soon.

My brand new (less than 4 months old) HP Laptop appears to have a fried motherboard. The hard drives are fine, so I'm backing them up before I ship the laptop back for HP to repair. I'll restore my data onto a spare laptop.

I can't believe I went a whole week without even touching a computer!

And the best thing about affiliate marketing... When I got back, I checked my stats and I see that I earned about the same amount as the week before.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    And the best thing about affiliate marketing... When I got back, I checked my stats and I see that I earned about the same amount as the week before.
    Gotta love our industry
    Deborah Carney

I can't believe I went a whole week without even touching a computer!
    Michael now you know why I didnt bring my computer with me. It is nice to take a break from the computer. The stats will always be there, the pain is catching up with the 3500 new post at abw.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Gotta love our industry

...and congratulations, Michael (it was good hanging out with you again, by the way)!

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Michael now you know why I didnt bring my computer with me. It is nice to take a break from the computer. The stats will always be there, the pain is catching up with the 3500 new post at abw.
    Ditto. I didn't want to travel with my laptop. But I cheated, I had my Treo with me and pretty much did everything I usually do with my laptop (including checking ABW), albeit a little slower. I love my Treo!

I hope your laptop is back up and running soon, Michael.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Argh! I hate HP. I hate HP. I hate HP. (Okay, I feel better now. But I'm still never buying another HP, ever again.)

My new HP laptop has crashed AGAIN. This time, it looks like one of the hard drives (it has two) and the hard drive controller. I came home yesterday evening to a BSOD. Every single reboot option (Safe Mode, etc.) got the same BSOD. I tried booting on a DOS boot disk and wasn't able to see the hard drives. I booted with my SpinRite 6.0 boot disk, and it was able to see both drives but was only able to access the second one. I switched the drives to see whether it was the hard drive or the controller, and I was able to access the first drive in the second slot, which seemed to indicate the controller. I ran SpinRite on it, and the drive was a mess. Every 896th sector appears to be partially corrupt. SpinRite is able to fix almost everything, but it's dog slow fixing the bad sectors. It's at 2.5% after 12 hours. The second drive is fine.

My backups are just a couple days old, so worst case I won't lose much. I still have my old laptop as a spare, so I'm able to get online (although most of my time will be spent on this). I'm running SpinRite to repair the first drive and am running incremental backups to get the files that changed in the last couple days.

I won't be accessing my email for probably a few days. I use Outlook, and would like to get my latest PST file off the bad hard drive rather than using my 2-day old backup. If you have something urgent, call me or PM me here. The last time I checked my email was about 5pm yesterday, so the same goes if you emailed me something urgent since then.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Hey Mike,

If you never want to crash again, get a MAC!!

I love mine!!

Good luck,
    Annie
    [FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Book Antiqua]southbeachannie
    [EMAIL="annie@southbeachannie.com"]annie@southbeachannie.com[/EMAIL]
    [url="http://www.southbeachannie.com"]online lifestyle magazine[/url]

[/FONT][/FONT]

Reminds me it is time for a total back up of my computers...

It's bad enough if one loses data, but just the dang time it takes to get back going can be so frustrating.

Glad to hear you are back up and running, Michael. Have fun in Vegas.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I bumped the old post because my HP crashed again. I'm not in Vegas this time.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Quote Originally Posted by southbeachannie
    Hey Mike,

If you never want to crash again, get a MAC!!
    Agreed!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Outsourced Program Manager
    I've had luck with my IBM ThinkPad. Sorry about the crach, Mike. VERY frustrating.
    Brook Schaaf
    Schaaf-PartnerCentric
    p/f: 512.464.1122
    Skype - brookschaaf
    www.schaafpc.com | brook@schaafpc.com

Vote #2 for a mac!
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    My new HP laptop has crashed AGAIN. This time, it looks like one of the hard drives (it has two) and the hard drive controller. I came home yesterday evening to a BSOD. Every single reboot option (Safe Mode, etc.) got the same BSOD. I tried booting on a DOS boot disk and wasn't able to see the hard drives. I booted with my SpinRite 6.0 boot disk, and it was able to see both drives but was only able to access the second one. I switched the drives to see whether it was the hard drive or the controller, and I was able to access the first drive in the second slot, which seemed to indicate the controller. I ran SpinRite on it, and the drive was a mess. Every 896th sector appears to be partially corrupt. SpinRite is able to fix almost everything, but it's dog slow fixing the bad sectors. It's at 2.5% after 12 hours. The second drive is fine.
    After 9 days, SpinRite finally finished recovering the drive. There were about 2000 corrupted sectors, and it was able to accurately recover almost everything.

What I had thought was a bad controller appears to just be a compatibility issue with SpinRite.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I second the IBM.

Used to have a HP pavillion and that sucker took everything...
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

Argh. I spoke too soon. I started getting CRC errors so I ran SpinRite again. 23 new errors. Gonna have to replace the drive. At least I have a totally up to date backup now.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread