Question from a friend..
    Hi all,

A friend of mine who's keen on Affiliate Marketing recently asked me a question which I felt I wasn't in the position to answer because I'm not very experienced in Affiliate Marketing.. I thought that maybe I could post this question and ask for your expert advice and opinion because I feel that there are A LOT of experienced Affiliate Marketers here..

He has a budget of about USD$150 with no knowledge of creating sites or marketing.. Because of his financial situation, I passed him so materials on Affiliate Marketing by Ewen Chia which I bought a couple of months ago.. At the same time, I passed him a couple of Ebooks on google adwords and I told him that reading up and understanding the business concept of affiliate marketing is important before even thinking of profiting from it.. The question he asked was, how can he profit with the USD$150 that he has? Of course, he knows that this is not a "get-rich-quick" scheme but he's willing to do anything to make money in Affiliate Marketing though he only has USD$150.. His monthly income isn't a lot because of his liabilities and also has a family to support..

In this situation, what would be the best advice that any one of you can give? Is it even possible for him to profit from Affiliate Marketing though he only have USD$150? If so, how? Thank you all for your replies in advance.. I GREATLY appreciate it..

Lightbulb
    he should learn how to
    dream up and buy a domain name and the premise to go with it
    and learn how to buy real hosting and learn how to control it
    and learn how to make web pages and learn how to apply to the merchants
    and learn how to make the web pages conform to the premise to match the merchants' offerings

plus

point him to the "golden bullet" thread here (use the search function)

he'll have to understand the need for much more "sweat equity" in getting started. the money he has can go for REAL html texts which can be bought in a used book store as long as they are not more than just a few years old.

and also understand that ebooks might have some truth but not always.

and be pointed to HERE to lurk and absorb as he learns the terminology before he spends very much money.

(whew)

In addition, he'll need to learn everything he can about traffic; what it is, how it behaves, why it behaves, where it comes from, how to get it to go where you want it to go, do what you want it to do, etc. He doesn't have to become an expert, or even incredibly knowledgeable, but he does need to start thinking in and around those terms.

Even a free blog on blogger.com and a free tracking/stats account through extremetracking.com would give him a feel for creating a page and generating traffic. Be worth messing around with before he spends his $150.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Eathan
    In addition, he'll need to learn everything he can about traffic; what it is, how it behaves, why it behaves, where it comes from, how to get it to go where you want it to go, do what you want it to do, etc. He doesn't have to become an expert, or even incredibly knowledgeable, but he does need to start thinking in and around those terms.

Even a free blog on blogger.com and a free tracking/stats account through extremetracking.com would give him a feel for creating a page and generating traffic. Be worth messing around with before he spends his $150.

How can he learn about traffic generation? What product should he invest in?

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread