Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    First myspace lawsuit thread [Cleaned and Renamed]
    His dad is a speaker at this year's Affiliate Summit going on now:

http://www.affiliatesummit.com/steven_richter.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Richter

"Steven Richter, who is Scott Richter's father and President and General Counsel of Scott's company, commented "OptIn is profitable but for these lawsuits."

Wonder if it'll show up on their blog?
    http://www.cpaempireblog.com/
    Last edited by Trust; January 23rd, 2007 at 01:53 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    This is obviously a slanderous attempt to discredit Missy Ward and Shawn Collins during the affiliate summit. This is disgusting. Shawn and missy have rightly shown again and again to be straight arrows, never EVEN CLOSE TO ANY BAD BEHAVOIR!!! NEVER!!!

But you kids go to that summit... I heard the crips and the bloods are funding a pharmaceutical conference, so nothing new here... just keep telling yourself that as you fund these people. Maybe with all that money you are giving them, they can get eduKated!

What do Shawn and Missy have to do with this? Missy does not work there any more and Shawn never has.

ABW Ambassador
    Nope. of course not. Missy has always been a straight arrow. When did she leave? She was still there as of last fall....

And no, shawn never ever has worked there, just always so close to those who have sinned. but whatever. I know. Just being stupid. Those who run conferences are above reproach, or, above being above reproach or their ethics don't matter, or the conferences are too important to care who profits from them or blah blah blah I need to sleep at night so i am going to swallow a sh*t pill and lie to myself so I can sleep at night...
    Last edited by chetf; January 23rd, 2007 at 04:59 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    "When did she leave? She was still there as of last fall...."

There was an announcement last month:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=83104

ABW Ambassador
    Yep. See. SHE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!!! BECAUSE IT ALL JUST HAPPENED IN THE MONTH SINCE SHE LEFT!!

Whooo! Close one again! Good thing the missy and shawn team ducked it!

Missy and the years she spent at that company are a credit to this industry. I am sure she was the brave, solitary voice of wisdom at that company, among the hoard of the some of sleaziest marketers known. Yes, I am sure, much like many at the Affiliate Summit, she stayed there as long as she did in the hope of educatin' and teachin' the fine folk at cpaempire. God bless missy and her almost missionary work she has done fo this industry.

I would say she should get an award for that work, but really, lets be honest. The minute I finish this post, I will be writing the pope & the queen of england. Missy deserves the unheard of double honor of being knighted and sainted at the same time... while she is still living. But if you see her at the summit, let her know the "it stays in vegas" probably isn't going to work with the pope because has god on his side and so he can probably see if she does anything bad. Missy, please don't slip up in the final minutes during your march for sainthood!

YEP! YEP! YEP!

Chet

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    Yep. See. SHE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!!! BECAUSE IT ALL JUST HAPPENED IN THE MONTH SINCE SHE LEFT!!

Whooo! Close one again! Good thing the missy and shawn team ducked it!

Missy and the years she spent at that company are a credit to this industry. I am sure she was the brave, solitary voice of wisdom at that company, among the hoard of the some of sleaziest marketers known. Yes, I am sure, much like many at the Affiliate Summit, she stayed there as long as she did in the hope of educatin' and teachin' the fine folk at cpaempire. God bless missy and her almost missionary work she has done fo this industry.

I would say she should get an award for that work, but really, lets be honest. The minute I finish this post, I will be writing the pope & the queen of england. Missy deserves the unheard of double honor of being knighted and sainted at the same time... while she is still living. But if you see her at the summit, let her know the "it stays in vegas" probably isn't going to work with the pope because has god on his side and so he can probably see if she does anything bad. Missy, please don't slip up in the final minutes during your march for sainthood!

YEP! YEP! YEP!

Chet
    Darn ...you uncovered the only virgin Adwhore in the industry. Must be her guardian angle Shawn pulling her from certain disaster when the supoenas hit the fan.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Not going to argue with you Chet. You have valid points. At the same time, I can provide you with a list of things I've done since I've been here in Vegas:

1.) Lectured 2 merchants on why having programs at CJ and SAS is a bad idea. Guess which one I told them to keep? (But, since Brian, Carolyn, Sarah, and Mike are all here, guess they're Spam supporters too)

2.) Pointed 5 merchants and several affiliates to Kellie's lecture on Parasites. A couple of them actually went.

3.) Did my best to point everyone to ABW, where they can learn the truth about this industry.

Also, I showed both Shawn and Missy professional courtesy while I was here. You might not think I owe them that, but I feel I do. This conference will help to grow my business, and since it's their gig, it is what it is.

You sarcastically referred to Missy as a missionary. That's what I think some of us are. We don't always succeed (see: Cafepress), but we try. And if we're NOT here, no one is going to do it for us.

We're not heroes. I don't want anyone to cheer this post. And maybe no one would anyhow. But I think a lot of us do a DAMN good job trying to straighten this industry out. And if you're not doing it where it needs to be done, you're not doing it at all.

It's way too easy to avoid a forum where you don't like message. We need to bring the fight to them.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Internet Cowboy
    Chet,
    You should also slam Missy's kids and her parents. I recently met some of her neighbors and will give you their names too if you want to blame them also. Hell, why not go ahead and blame the dog too? I think she timed this so that she would exit CPAE as soon as the suit was filed. I have a friend who is a cop and a cop in his department was recently found guilty of some corruption. So is my friend also corrupt?
    You do a nice job of exposing those who are real turds in this industry. I only wish you had a real clue about Missy's involvement in CPAEmpire and the real reasons for her departure from them. Is Missy the only employee Richter had or is she automatically guilty since she puts on Affiliate Summit? Am I now guilty of spamming too since I am a friend of Missy's? It only seems fitting that I would be.
    This is really approaching the level of ridiculousness.

ABW Ambassador
    Scott, might I suggest you look at Missy's history before you start throwing around stupid strawmen.

Was Richter a known entity before she was hired? A little hint - yes. While she worked there, how many lawsuits were filed? Going bankrupt? FTC going after them? Spamming. This is hardly the first lawsuit that she could "time her depature to". That is a laughable excuse, keep spinning, anything that lets you sleep at night...

If one of your friends worked for a drug dealer, and he knew they were a drug dealer - would your friend be guilty of helping a drug dealer?

Sorry you have a bad choice in friends, but don't try and blame that on me or make some BS strawmen excuses.

Chet

I think that people should be presumed innocent until proven guilty.
    If you don't know the facts, if you don't know Missy, have never met Missy nor ever talked to Missy you shouldn't be making assumptions. I don't think you will find many here from ABW that have met Missy who don't think of her as a friend.

chet, you didn't even know that Missy had left CPA Empire, when it had been posted here on ABW.

Steven Richter was not a speaker, he was a moderator of a panel.

Do your homework, get the facts before you start spewing.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, like I said. She just magically worked those months when cpaempire wasn't scummy. I guess she took a sabbatical in the middle for a bit, maybe worked for about 15 minutes. Or I get it, SHE DIDNT KNOW! She was new to the industry so we should cut her a break, once she learned it only took her a few years to leave, blah blah blah.

May I never have to eat what some people eat just to make a living, but if you need to - feel free to keep spinning.

You know chet, there are lots of single parents out there working at places they would rather not work because for some reason their kids want to eat and wear clothes. Go figure.

Internet Cowboy
    Chet,
    Missy worked for Richter during the good and the bad. Missy has also told me that CPAEmpire no longer uses or allows adware. I don't believe this for a minute, not that she would lie to me, but handling someone's PR and deciding what methods of promotion they utilize are very different things.
    I have no idea how many employees they had, but I bet there were others than Missy.

Getting to know someone on a personal level is the best way to get to the bottom of things like this. I have done just this. I consider Missy a friend and for you to take shots at her because she is a public figure and owns half of Affiliate Summit is just not right. Why not attack Richter? He is the one who is ultimately responsible.

Futhermore, I was accused of some pretty bad things a few years back. I was sued and when the smoke cleared the case was settled without a penny changing hands. Why? Because it was a bullshit charge stemming from jealousy and stupidity. Had it made it to the judge, it would have been laughed out of court, hence the settlement with terms that cost me nothing, nadda, zero!

If you hate Missy, fine. Hate her! But don't sling shit at her just for the purpose of slinging shit when all that exists is a press release. You show me proof that Missy knew about this or participated in it and I will stand shoulder to shoulder with you slinging shit at her. Deal?

Merchant & ABW Ambassador

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, as I have send numerous times in this thread - MISSY IS A SAINT! In fact, I heard she joined cpaempire to save all of a america from a TERRORIST ATTACK!!! How about that connie! You think I would say something bad about a person who saved every man woman and child in america from TERRORISTS!!!!

This is just getting funny now, or pathetic... I will go with funny... but I guess when defending someone like her, you have to start flailing around pretty desperately, so much so, that you may lose your own sanity. But don't worry connie, we understand... you need her, so you love her, its okay... really. Empowering people like her is just the role some people find themselves in. We have seen you in this role before, don't worry, we understand. You don't have to keep trying to defend her, we understand...

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Chet,
    Missy worked for Richter during the good and the bad. Missy has also told me that CPAEmpire no longer uses or allows adware. I don't believe this for a minute, not that she would lie to me, but handling someone's PR and deciding what methods of promotion they utilize are very different things.
    I have no idea how many employees they had, but I bet there were others than Missy.

Getting to know someone on a personal level is the best way to get to the bottom of things like this. I have done just this. I consider Missy a friend and for you to take shots at her because she is a public figure and owns half of Affiliate Summit is just not right. Why not attack Richter? He is the one who is ultimately responsible.

Futhermore, I was accused of some pretty bad things a few years back. I was sued and when the smoke cleared the case was settled without a penny changing hands. Why? Because it was a bullshit charge stemming from jealousy and stupidity. Had it made it to the judge, it would have been laughed out of court, hence the settlement with terms that cost me nothing, nadda, zero!

If you hate Missy, fine. Hate her! But don't sling shit at her just for the purpose of slinging shit when all that exists is a press release. You show me proof that Missy knew about this or participated in it and I will stand shoulder to shoulder with you slinging shit at her. Deal?

Scott, because this BS you just spewed is why this industry accepts the crap thats in it. Look at your first line,

So you don't even believe your pal when she speaks to you one-on-one, but really she is a hell of a chick and we should all love her! Sorry, call me old fashioned, but I actually believe that you should be able to trust the people you call friend. I know, crazy....

chet

This is just getting funny now, or pathetic... I will go with funny... but I guess when defending someone like her, you have to start flailing around pretty desperately, so much so, that you may lose your own sanity. But don't worry connie, we understand... you need her, so you love her, its okay... really. Empowering people like her is just the role some people find themselves in. We have seen you in this role before, don't worry, we understand. You don't have to keep trying to defend her, we understand...
    I need Missy? Sorry dude I think you are the one losing your sanity. WTF? Why would I "need" Missy??

What role have you seen me in before? Defending people? Yeah, I don't like seeing people accused of things by people who don't know anything about the situation.

You don't know me, you haven't met me yet here you are making assumptions about me now. Ask anyone who knows me - you will always know what I think about something, I will always give my honest opinion, I do not suck up to people for any reason, I don't kiss anyone's butt.

http and a telephoto
    Is this thread about lawsuits against Scott Richter or about Missy Ward?

chetf, you have opinions, as we all do, but do you have to continue with the personal attacks?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    We had a thread about attending this event hosted by shawn and missy. I gave my reasons why I thought it was a bad idea to go. Here we have some more news about the company of one of the summit founders worked at.

And you honestly don't think that is relevant?

Knowing which side people took in that discussion, I guess I am not surprised some people wouldn't find it relevant. But would it be relevant if the founder of the boy scouts summit was a child molester? Or would that just be water under the bridge? Because, hey he is a nice guy (and no I am not comparing child molestation to this, that is called an analogy, look it up). Can there never be a call for accountability? Is that really off limits in this industry?

I understand many people have given up, said this is the industry. Underhanded tactics are if not acceptable, tolerated. Sorry, I haven't gone down that road yet.

And Connie, since Missy's husband still works at cpaempire... *cough*, maybe you can write a little fiction on how he was driven to that job by his wife? Your posts are in this thread are so disingenuous

Chet

http and a telephoto
    Worked at... past tense...

and FYI, not that it is anyone's business, her husband does not work there either.

chetf it is clear you don't like Affiliate Summit for a variety of reasons, that does not make it right that you attack it for reasons that are totally unrelated. Find real reasons why you think over 2000 people that made great contacts, learned a lot about the industry actually did evil things.
    Deborah Carney

ABW Ambassador
    Oh loxly, give it a break.

She knowingly worked at a company with a more than shady past before she was hired there. That company is now yet again in trouble with the feds. She just didn't work there as a file clerk or secretary either.

She is cofounder of the affiliate summit.

THE REASON I DO NOT LIKE THE SUMMIT IS BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE WHO FOUNDED IT!!!!!!!!

There are no other reasons, the summit was founded by people who I consider ethically challenged. They have repeated invited in people who I think are ethically challenged. I think they have worked to legitimize companies and individuals who are ethically challenged.

I guess that is hard for some people to understand. That I actually think people should be held accountable. That legitimizing bad practices is not something you should strive to do. That there is a way to operate yourself and your business where you can be both successful and not help these shady folks.

For you to come here now and try and claim this story is not relevant? That the woman who co-founded the summit, her company, where she was director of public relations was once again in trouble... hmmm, what might a person in the role of director of public relations try to do maybe legitimize their company even though it has in the past been found of using some under-handed practices, that it is once again accused of similar practices?

Geez wait a minute did I just say something about legitimizing ethically challenged people I SURE WISH I COULD CONNECT THOSE DOTS!!!!

Oh wait, but missy makes a hell of a flower arraignment or something, so all is well. Never mind, my bad.

http and a telephoto
    Oh loxly, give it a break.
    Back atcha...
    THE REASON I DO NOT LIKE THE SUMMIT IS BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE WHO FOUNDED IT!!!!!!!!
    Fine. That is your opinion. And this thread is about MySpace and OptInRealBig, not Affiliate Summit. Yet you have to stretch and make it suit your personal agenda. Not cool.

I'm out.
    Deborah Carney

ABW Ambassador
    So loxly. Lets pretend you are a vegan. You are going to the PETA conference. The day before the conference, you find out that the person holding the conference worked at company that is well known for its mistreatment of animals and that company was just recently charged with torturing animals. Of course, that person holds the position of director of public relations at the company...

At the conference you find plenty of booths about animal rights, fur is murder, but also an odd number of booth promoting agendas like, "leather is sexy", "Cat the other white meat" and "Cow tipping, too much fun to care about the cow".

Now lets say the above happened. Wouldn't you think it would be fair to question the legitimacy of the event itself? That maybe the person running it was a bad choice because they have an agenda that is a negative to PETA itself?

I think it would be fair to question that person. To question the event. You are saying it isn't. You are saying, oh well, sh*t happens, but we can't question it. People shouldn't be held accountable because they are just so much fun to talk to... We have to keep eating this BS because we get to meet other vegans at the event, so we will just ignore the rest of the booths - even though the outside press will continue to cover that and say things like - PETA begins to embrace meat as good food.

Come on. People who accept this status quo are hurting this industry.

Am I getting crabby about this? Sure. 100%. Watching your responses and claim that these two things are not connected?? The excuses? It is sickening.

But this is a problem you see in industries grown from mom & pop roots, the mom's and pop's realize too late they have a voice, they could effect change, that they aren't just lucky to get to meet these people they read about.

Bad things happen because good people allow them to happen. Remember that, and when you see this industry continue to change for the bad, ask yourself will it be too late to say something when you finally get nerve to say something?

chet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast