Additional Bonus for Home Page Placement of Ads?
    On another thread, I'm also offering affiliates 15% commission instead of 12% if an affiliate offers us prominent placement of buttons, such as on the home page.

What do you guys think of that? Has that worked in the past?

What can I do to really motivate people to advertise our site in a prominent place and not just put it on a back burner?

Other than making an annoucement, which I'm about to do through this site in a few days), any other suggestions?

I'm concerned about our 7 Day and 30 Day stats, since we are new and it takes a little time to get established. Is this something I should be worried about? I know our record will significantly increase, because we already have a proven record of sale.

Thanks for your patience with a "newby" - we want to be fair and do this right as well as make it extremely successful.

Thank you,
    Afshin
    Selah Jewelry
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; January 23rd, 2007 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Stop droping links.

GoldenCAN might be a good choice of tool to offer.

I haven't looked to see if you offer a datafeed, though.

Thanks, I'll try that out. We do offer a product feed, updated regularly.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by selahjewelry
    Thanks, I'll try that out. We do offer a product feed, updated regularly.
    if you do, please mind the size of your photos. I'm not sure what would work best for you but in GoldenCAN we can change the width in pixels (with all the attendent problems) and we can also set size to whatever you originally submitted. Some merchants provide very small thumbnail sizes as a maximum and some of the sports merchants provide pictures that take over the page.

Where do I get started with Goldencan?

How does it work exactly? All I saw was a link in the shareasale admin that said, "activate" goldencan. I think I did that originally, but I'm not sure exactly what it does or if there is more I need to do.

Any info or help would be appreciated!

Thank you,
    Selah Jewelry
    Last edited by Brian - ShareASale; January 27th, 2007 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Links

Selah Jewelry, if you could make sure that your "thumbnail" sized images were all the same size in your datafeed, that would be a big help to affiliates.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by selahjewelry
    Where do I get started with Goldencan?

How does it work exactly? All I saw was a link in the shareasale admin that said, "activate" goldencan. I think I did that originally, but I'm not sure exactly what it does or if there is more I need to do.

Any info or help would be appreciated!

Thank you,
    Selah Jewelry
    I might be wrong, but I don't think I saw your company listed there. So you have to check out the deal there --figure out which way you want to work-- which means either you subsidize all the clicks or you set it so GC gets credit for the fourth click. I have no idea what either way costs, but the latter must be much less.

I don't think "activation" means anything unless you've joined them and they can work with your datafeed.

The end result is I can put a piece of code on a page and show all your inventory, and usually in a way that the search engines can find*. Also, if you opt for coupon/price drop integration I can show that also.

Sample integrations at goldencan.com.

______
    * normal code is javascript, but there are also .php, .net, .asp methods easily available to the affiliates.
    Last edited by Brian - ShareASale; January 27th, 2007 at 12:53 PM.

'selahjewelry' wrote: > "On another thread, I'm also offering affiliates 15% commission instead of 12% if an affiliate offers us prominent placement of buttons, such as on the home page." <

I'd like to do just the opposite: home-page links rarely generate sales, while deeply-integrated links often perform quite well.

We sell posters that feature famous quotations, and generally people don't respond to generic messages about "quotation posters." Thus, we don't really see much value in "home page links" (either way you measure it: from someone's home page, nor to our home page). Instead, we want links from the affiliate's related content to our specific products.

The extreme, of course, is a web site that lists a bunch of famous quotations -- whenever they cite a quote that we've "posterized," we'd love if they linked to our poster (ideally with an image of our poster, which they can easily import from our datafeed). For those who can't quite handle that level of integration, we like "category links," so that (for example) if the web page is about education, they could link to our education category page. (We also encourage use of "author links," so that a web site about Mark Twain could link straight to our products that feature Mark Twain quotes.)

Certainly, we appreciate a home-page link from any site, especially from those with nice pagerank, but our primary goal (and we hope our affiliates' primary goal) is to generate sales, and home-page links are much less effective than "in-context" links in meeting that goal.

Citrix sent out an affiliate email to CJ'ers last week offering between $25 and $50 per ad placement (GoToMyPC and GoToWebinar).

I promptly placed their banners on my sites and will be collecting over hundred easy dollars from them for doing it.

So I think your idea is great, and might motivate affiliates to display your ads in a more prominent place on their site (or to display them in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    'selahjewelry' wrote: > "Certainly, we appreciate a home-page link from any site, especially from those with nice pagerank, but our primary goal (and we hope our affiliates' primary goal) is to generate sales, and home-page links are much less effective than "in-context" links in meeting that goal."
    I think you have an excellent point here. Perhaps we will modify our upped commission to 15% if an affiliate displays our ads in a prominent position within a content related page, such as the 1st page of a content-related category at the top of the page or something along those lines. Or perhaps we'll just leave that out altogether and reserve the 15% for affiliates w/ higher performance.

Selah Jewelry
    Last edited by Brian - ShareASale; January 27th, 2007 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Please review the rules on Signatures

Thanks, Herb: I will check it out and considering joining.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread