Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Sur la Table Product Links are DEAD
    Hello All,
    I did not intend this to be my first post. I have been in affiliate marketing for quite a while, though I have just now joined ABestWeb, and I have been carefully planning my intro post. However, this issue has just come up, and it needs reporting.
    Sur la Table has redesigned their site, and with no notice or warning that I have seen, all of their product links are history. The images are gone and the links all redirct to their new home page.
    I have had serious issues with Performics, most of which have been discussed in detail here, and the primary reason I have not dropped Peformics totally is the outstanding kitchen and bar product line offered by Sur la Table.
    However, I am really tired of re-doing hundreds of product links from merchants who wipe out their product catalog with no notice, whether it is to re-design their site, or some other "upgrade" that has this effect on the unsuspecting affiliates.
    I will probably remove, not re-do, Sur la Table links.

AffiliateHound Post No. 1

Cool good post
    and welcome to ABW!

I'm not familiar with the before or after structure of their links, but is there some way you can do a broad search-and-replace? If they just switched servers making a partial change in urls maybe that would work?

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Hello All,
    I did not intend this to be my first post. I have been in affiliate marketing for quite a while, though I have just now joined ABestWeb, and I have been carefully planning my intro post. However, this issue has just come up, and it needs reporting.
    Sur la Table has redesigned their site, and with no notice or warning that I have seen, all of their product links are history. The images are gone and the links all redirct to their new home page.
    I have had serious issues with Performics, most of which have been discussed in detail here, and the primary reason I have not dropped Peformics totally is the outstanding kitchen and bar product line offered by Sur la Table.
    However, I am really tired of re-doing hundreds of product links from merchants who wipe out their product catalog with no notice, whether it is to re-design their site, or some other "upgrade" that has this effect on the unsuspecting affiliates.
    I will probably remove, not re-do, Sur la Table links.

AffiliateHound Post No. 1
    Are you using the data feed from Sur la Table, or are these individual product links you created? I'm at the affiliate summit right now, but I've asked some people back in the office to check into this.

Larry Adams
    Product Manager

Thanks for your responses,

Herb - that would be the way to re-do them, but I have around 200 of their product links on probably 50-60 different pages of two different sites, and even doing that is pretty time-consuming.

Larry - they are individual product links I created.

AffiliateHound

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Thanks for your responses,

Herb - that would be the way to re-do them, but I have around 200 of their product links on probably 50-60 different pages of two different sites, and even doing that is pretty time-consuming.

Larry - they are individual product links I created.

AffiliateHound
    Are you using BYOL through the interface or were you using the redirect parameter? If you are using links you created in the interface, I can run a link checker we developed for just this occassion. We'll be making this available to affiliates soon, but for now, I'll have to run it for you.

Can you send me an email with your account number or email address you use for your account? If you are using BYOLs generated in the interface I can find them in the link checker report and hopefully correct them and upload them back into the system.

-larry

ladams at performics com
    Last edited by l_adams; January 23rd, 2007 at 08:30 PM. Reason: forgot to include my email address

Larry,
    They are BYOL created through the interface.
    I'll send the email in a couple of minutes.
    Thanks for your help.
    AffiliateHound

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread