Account suspended for no reason (to brian) please get back to me
    Hello (to Brian),

I have been a shareasale affiliate since 2004 and have no problems with
    your company for a long time. However, when I tried to login into my
    acount with the username today, I was informed of this message.

"Your account has been suspended either for violation of the Terms of
    Service, or due to your removal of all contact information in your account
    - and will not return."

Firstly, I did not do anything to violate the terms of service as i've
    been doing the same things for the previous years without changing
    anything significantly. I have to add that my contact information is still
    the same.

Secondly, if I did violate the terms of service, what is the specific
    violation? Shouldn't I be notified what I violated or given some time to correct what i violate?

Thirdly, I still have about 1000 plus money i earn in my accont which i am
    due to receive a the end of this month. It is the amount I have earned
    over the past couple of months and all of it were legitimate subscribers
    or clicks or sales which i have pass on to shareasale. If my account is
    terminated, Shouldn't I at least receive the amount that I have earned? I
    will like to think I have a right over those payments.

Lastly, although I am unhappy about what happen, I would still like to get
    my shareasale account back as I ve work with shareasale for a number of
    years in which profits were shared between us. If possible, I hope its possible to review the termination of my account which I feel is unjustified and if it
    is not possible to retain a working relationship anymore, I hope to get
    all my remaining earnings back.

Brian, if you're reading this, please get back to me asap at my email ds@lovefatedestiny.com

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    ds eric,

if you send me your username or userID to brian at shareasale dot com I will look into the reasons for you...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Thanks for the reply. I have sent it to your mail.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Some folks don't just don't realize how much sleazy activity it takes to get Brian and SAS to immediately bann an affiliate. Claiming ignorance of your own ebiz/commission/cookie setting plan is not an viable excuse.... even if it's overlooked at CJ and LS. Something you did continuously was against the SAS and merchant TOS setting off red alarm bells. Victimizing SAS merchants, by not adding any value to the promotion opportunity offered you, eventually leads to associating you with unearned or bogus commissions. SAS getting their cut on your scheme won't get you any leverage with SAS. They have ethical standards for both affiliates and merchants which they don't compromise. Evidenced by many merchants outed here getting the boot, as well as SAS affiliates. Nice to know ethical practices mean something beyond Adwhore lip service in the advertising industry.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Hi

I know what you say make perfect sense. However, if I'm doing anything wrong, that is a very big assumption already as i have been perfectly going according to the rules of shareasale, why cant I be notified to correct what I have done wrong first before suspending me? Why cant an email or message be send to be to give me a chance to correct what I overlook? What about earnings which I have earn perfectly legitimately? By simply suspending the account on any day without any email, without any reason, without any warning notice is simply not the way to treat publishers! I'm not blaming Brian here as I perfectly understand why he need to do that to give better value for advertisers but I'm just asking people to take note of how a publisher will feel if he has a perfectly fine working relationship with an ad network but "Bang" and the next day your account is suspended along with the money you have earned for months. I understand google does it too but there are also other networks that gave leeway like casalemedia who warned me about a term I overlook and I simply follow what they want me to change and we get on with life. I know some people are simply defending the rights of merchents but every body makes mistakes and not only publishers but merchants too cheat the system (I'm not saying I do that).

Just my 2c worth to defend whats going on and not get shoot for nothing.

Wearing both of my hats (as a merchant Affiliate Manager and as an affiliate) Let me say "Hooray for ShareASale" for being aggressive with affiliates who violate their terms.

And no, if you broke the rules, you should forfeit any earnings, because (1) that's what the contract says, and (2) if you got paid, you'd re-enroll under another name and do the same thing over again.

Of course, if you did not break the rules, or if there was only a minor mistake, then I expect that ShareASale will act appropriately.

To all,

I've been given the reason my traffic is from casalemedia and to which is no true as I have never been an advertiser with them. The links which show how I generate the leads, clicks or sales to shareasale have http://www.casalemedia.com/.... is because I used sharesale banners as defaults for my casalemedia ads which as far as I am concerned is completely not against shareasale terms of agreement. I'm now trying to get casalemedia to issue a statement stating that I've not been an advertiser with them and if possible prove that the links which I generate leads, clicks or sales to shareasale all comes with a http://www.casalemedia.com/.... as my shareasale ads are thrid party ads serve as defaults for their network. (This can be quite tricky as casalemedia takes weeks to get back to me usually, however, it is the only way I can prove my innocence.)

I hope this mater can be solve amicably and I think it is a lessonsuch that I'll have to inform networks in future if they are going to be 3rd party defaults for other advertising networks in future.

In any other case, I will also like people not to draw conclusions quickly on the fact that a person whose account is banned in any networks for that matter is immediately guilty of something he did not do. Sometimes, it is not the publisher mistake.

Exclamation
    >>>is because I used sharesale banners as defaults for my casalemedia ads which as far as I am concerned is completely not against shareasale terms of agreement<<<

you're contradicting yourself here . . . you used shareasale banners as graphics for someone else's ads?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    LOL... as you out yourself as a no ethics scumbag affiliate. You wrote:
    "I'm not blaming Brian here as I perfectly understand why he need to do that to give better value for advertisers but I'm just asking people to take note of how a publisher will feel if he has a perfectly fine working relationship with an ad network but "Bang" and the next day your account is suspended along with the money you have earned for months. I understand google does it too but there are also other networks that gave leeway like casalemedia who warned me about a term I overlook and I simply follow what they want me to change and we get on with life."

Your assumption that we consider Casalemedia to be legit is way off base. This Canadian Adwhore operation ran browser hijacking and virus laden Ads here at ABW and throughout the world. They're scumbags and run banner Ads doing drive-by installs of Malware just from viewing their perp friends banners. So let's assume your also using every scrumbag Adwhore operation from Zango/180Solutions to 3rd world PPCSE engines to set your SAS, CJ and LS cookies.

You did mentioned Google Adwords also having problems with your tactics. A few posts here at ABW, after lurking here for years seeking out victims, isn't going to get much traction for your plight. We assist people in doing affiliate marketing the legit way where the value-add justifies long term merchant/affiliate relationships. Raping the capitalism system isn't justified regardless of your polotics. It is the only "ism" that hasn't failed to raise up people worldwide, where all other "ism's" have totally failed.
    Last edited by ecomcity; January 25th, 2007 at 09:21 AM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

15 years and counting
    I don't understand why you are using "sharesale banners as defaults for your casalemedia ads" if you're not an affiliate or an advertiser of CasaleMedia.

"Casale Media is the world's fastest growing provider of online media solutions. With a network reach of over half the U.S. digital audience, Casale Media connects advertisers to more than 89 millions Americans every month, currently delivers billions of ads every month to users in 200 countries worldwide" An other Canadian Cie on the gray side of advertisement.
    "Casalemedia is spyware that may monitor your web surfing habits and may collect your personal information as you use the Internet."
    CasaleMedia is bad news.
    CasaleMedia installs without your consent.
    CasaleMedia installs other types of spyware/adware.
    CasaleMedia may hijack, redirect and change your browser.
    CasaleMedia displays annoying popups while you surf the web.
    CasaleMedia compromises your privacy and security.
    CasaleMedia is difficult to uninstall.

>>>is because I used sharesale banners as defaults for my casalemedia ads which as far as I am concerned is completely not against shareasale terms of agreement<<<

Hi

I think I did not make myself clear. It simply means that I'm still using shareasale ad codes with proper ad link and images as they are supposed to be but they are defaults which mean they are only served in the event that casalemedia have no inventory to serve. It is very normal for publishers to serve defaults in this type of linkage for your information.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ds_eric

Hi

I think I did not make myself clear. It simply means that I'm still using shareasale ad codes with proper ad link and images as they are supposed to be but they are defaults which mean they are only served in the event that casalemedia have no inventory to serve. It is very normal for publishers to serve defaults in this type of linkage for your information.
    thanks
    that sounds better, but something has certainly got their attention.

>>Your assumption that we consider Casalemedia to be legit is way off base. This Canadian Adwhore operation ran browser hijacking and virus laden Ads here at ABW and throughout the world. They're scumbags and run banner Ads doing drive-by installs of Malware just from viewing their perp friends banners. So let's assume your also using every scrumbag Adwhore operation from Zango/180Solutions to 3rd world PPCSE engines to set your SAS, CJ and LS cookies.
    <<<

Hello
    Firstly I have to admit hands up I'm a casalemedia affiliate. BUT, I have to say that I'm not using any of the remaining "every scrumbag Adwhore operation from Zango/180Solutions to 3rd world PPCSE engines to set your SAS, CJ and LS cookies". those programs are way off worse then casalemedia and if you ask around you'll prob get the same consesus. In fact they are probably one of the advertising network that treats its affiliate much better than many other networks. As for the other claims

""Casalemedia is spyware that may monitor your web surfing habits and may collect your personal information as you use the Internet."
    CasaleMedia is bad news.
    CasaleMedia installs without your consent.
    CasaleMedia installs other types of spyware/adware.
    CasaleMedia may hijack, redirect and change your browser.
    CasaleMedia displays annoying popups while you surf the web.
    CasaleMedia compromises your privacy and security.
    CasaleMedia is difficult to uninstall."

I would say different people have different views and if you post the same comments in any webmaster forums they wlll tell you different things too.

And to not to get further in the debate on which network is good which network is bad from any point of view whether it is publishers/marketeers/web surfers, the thing is I really gain all revenue that i did through legitimate signups, clicks, sales or what so ever and have been a good partner for shareasale. I DONT want to be involved in the debate if casalemedia is good as obviously different people see differently and for the majority advertisers here, they obviously think differently in which I cannot change their point of view.

Finally, I want to say that I m not trying to gain sympathy if thats what you all think but my primary purpose is to inform brian of this thing and tell HIM only that i'm innocent and get him to do some stuff about it and not evoke a huge debate on whatever you all are debating about.

Thanks. Hopefully, there will finally be peace...

15 years and counting
    You're an affiliate of a spyware company, you display ads injecting malware in your visitors computers, and you'll like Brian to believe you're innocent.
    By being so naive you're becoming a victim yourself. Why do you think CasaleMedia.com shows up as the referrer in Sharesale? Because they are hijacking your own SAS links. And you'll like to be paid, for what? Call CasaleMedia and ask them your money?

Yes perhaps I'm a victim myself. Maybe Brian can choose not to believe me. But I'll get casalemedia to issue the statement. At the very least, Brian will know I'm not lying. Maybe I wont get paid. At least I can tell thousands of other publishers my experience and so they will never use shareasale ads as defaults for casalemedia anymore. I seriously thought that the links referrals only show casalemedia referrals as they are served as defaults. And seriously, this can be an expensive lesson but yes, i learn something and I still think casalemedia is a top notch company in the sense they treat their publishers with lots of respect and they really do have quite a reputation among publishers despite what you all think. As I say, its a matter of perspectives and nobody is correct.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Ultimately Brian is correct. That's the only reality you need to know.

Very true. Thats why I'm just waiting for Brian answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ds_eric
    As I say, its a matter of perspectives and nobody is correct.
    You have stated that your site carries ads from Casale Media, and you configured your Casale Media affiliate account so that when they don't have paid ads to show, they redirect so that an ad for a ShareASale merchant is shown. Thus, your ads are only shown on your site, although clicks show the Casale Media redirect as the referring URL.

Apparently, ShareASale believes that you placed advertising (through CasaleMedia) that appeared on other web sites, using delivery techniques that violate ShareASale's terms and conditions.
    NOT ALLOWED: Any placement of creative in a "Desktop" advertising scheme. This includes any and all 3rd party advertising platforms that use a desktop application to display ads in any form.

NOT ALLOWED: Any display of a merchant window that isn't the result of a direct click by the end-user.
    Unfortunately, you seem to believe that a "statement from Casale Media" will help you, but it seems clear that the members of this affiliate community do not trust Casale Media. If SAS shares this view, then a statement from Casale Media would be useless.

I'll admit that I didn't realize that Casale Media was a "black hat" before today. Over the past 14 months I have talked with their reps at least twice about rates for regular banner advertising (after seeing their ads on specific sites which matched the demographic of a client), but their rates weren't acceptable, so I've never placed any ads with them.

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    I'll admit that I didn't realize that Casale Media was a "black hat" before today. Over the past 14 months I have talked with their reps at least twice about rates for regular banner advertising (after seeing their ads on specific sites which matched the demographic of a client), but their rates weren't acceptable, so I've never placed any ads with them.
    Same here, I didn't know.

But that's what I find so great about this forum. I learn the good and bad and can see what's really happening.

Sorry eric, you'll get no sympathy from me. If you are old enough to make commisions, you are old enough to understand the risks you took. Hopefully a lesson learned about dealing with the dark side.

Two thumbs up to SAS finding this and dealing with it. Everything I've read in the forum(s) about SAS has been a positive example to me of how it should be done, and how it WILL be done once technology roots out all of the scum tactics.

hahaha...
    yes. I understand way early on i wont get sympathy. no worries. its a good lesson learn. no doubt and an expensive one too. however, i hope this serves as a lesson for everybody as tomorrow, you might be in my shoes. certainly, i think that the people here might not share the same opinions as me but nevertheless should be careful too.
    thanks for any help given.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    The issue here isn't the media company being used, but the fact that traffic needs to come from properties owned by affiliates.

ds_eric, I would prefer to handle this issue privately as I don't intend to drag another company through this issue but feel free to post as you wish.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Well that makes this interesting, if I'm reading it correctly...

Still that doesn't explain why a simple e-mail from SAS to explain why an affiliate was suspended/cancelled was never sent? I think adnetworks/advertisers should at least contact an affiliate as to WHY they were suspended.

I have talked with several people over the years that no such "courtesy" e-mails ever are sent, but yet affiliates are expected to explain all their actions.

No, I don't agree with the OPs actions, but then again a simple e-mail to the OP from SAS stating that such an issue existed and giving them time to correct it would be a much better customer service ploy (since a lot of people don't realize they might be doing something against the TOS) rather than to suspend with no explanation. Sort of like shoot first, and then ask questions later tactic.

Don't get me wrong, I like SAS and do fairly well with them, but I would hope they would be better than some of the rest in working with publishers that might be doing things in gray areas.

IMHO.

The problem has been settled with Brian who have been absolutely top notch in explaining to me why my account is suspended. He is also kind enough to reinterate my acc and it'll be great to continue working for him. In the meantime, thanks for all the concern efforts of everyone here.

Brian rocks!

Geno

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread