HomeroomTeacher.com
    Has anyone here had any experience with HomeroomTeacher.com? They are listed as a merchant at ShareASale.com (where I've joined their program). They say they have an affiliate datafeed, but I can't find it (not at SAS or their web site).

Edited: Exactly at the moment that I submitted this post, I received a return phone call from HomeroomTeacher.com -- apparently the company was sold to a new owner a few months ago and the new owner is trying to identify what needs to be done (such as making the datafeed available). He sounds genuinely concerned about the issues I raised (including a phone number in the header, and the lack of a "Privacy" link).

He noted that my earlier emails sent through the ShareASale interface had been filtered as spam. (A few months ago, another merchant's "low funds" notice was filtered as spam, but luckily I knew he was a new merchant so I sent him a private email, which he greatly appreciated.) I'm not sure what SAS can do to educate its merchants more effectively about changing their spam filters to insure that SAS emails get through.
    Last edited by markwelch; January 24th, 2007 at 12:01 PM.

Interesting that you would post this today. My wife is a teacher, and wants to do a website... And she had me looking into it today...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

HomeroomTeacher.com - affiliate program closed
    The status of HomeroomTeacher (http://www.shareasale.com/a-viewmerc...rchantID=10273) now displays as "Closed." ShareASale's system shows the last compliance test as happening TODAY, and the last sale tracked two days ago. (All this week, my links to HomeroomTeacher were redirecting to my default page.)

It says a lot about the merchant that when I called to ask about this situation this morning, he claimed to be unaware of any issue, and he did not seem concerned. In recent months, I've seen zero-dollar transactions posted, and only after I emailed the merchant did he manually adjust the transactions to assign a dollar amount. Although this shows that the merchant has received my emails, he has never (ever) replied by email (nor has he called me since the 2007 call mentioned above; I called and spoke with him earlier this year to share some suggestions regarding his merchant site).

I had recently purged all HomeroomTeacher links except for a few products which I couldn't find available from any other source; now I'll purge the remaining links as well.
    Last edited by markwelch; May 27th, 2011 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Interesting that you would post this today. My wife is a teacher, and wants to do a website... And she had me looking into it today...
    Ditto that. My wife and daughter, both, are teachers - until June 17th. Daughter, Jill, is today (right now) at our printing plant south of Chicago, where she is also attending ShareASale's ThinkTank. She will be full-time in the checks business on June 20. Mrs. Beachy, will be working for us on a P/T basis - loves dogs, cats and other animals - and will be boosting our content in those areas. (Doesn't realize it yet but she will be augmenting our SEO.)

GOODBYE teaching. So, no more Homerooms for this family.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread