Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Kolimbo selling my email address?
    I got an unsolicited email from a Kolimbo merchant I believe. How did they get my email addy?

Somebody better give me an answer and they better not do this again or I will complain BIG TIME to the legitimate merchants who I work with through Kolimbo. I'm pissed.

Dear Rhea:
    I'm taking the liberty today to add your name to an important list for 2 reasons.

(ed.: bullshit, more bullshit, yet more bullshit)

It is going to be the one of my key ways to get traffic to my sites.

A trusted associate of ours has put this together with someone who is more successful than all of the IM gurus put together. He has been doing over $100M a year for well over 10 years doing exactly this. My trusted associate has known him for 6 years and started working closely with him in the past year or so. He has also been mentored by him during that time. He is 100% genuine, he does not need your money and he does not lie.

Read it and act on it, it is Fully Guaranteed, you can thank me later.

The following is a hand written combination of what is going on in the Internet marketing world.

1. What happens almost everyday? You open a browser

or your email program

2. You see another traffic scam from a "popular" Internet Marketer

3. You click the link

4. Then go straight to 'Isolated' and turn left

5. Proceed to 'Desolated' and turn off the engine

6. Read the sign

7. It says, "Welcome to LOST. You got scammed again!"

I cannot just leave this alone. Silly has become ridiculous, this whole thing has become absurd.

Everybody and his brother is now peddling traffic products.

Yes, traffic has become the 'scam du jour' of the Internet Marketing crowd *again.*

They are such a 'herd instinct' bunch...

Those of us who make 100% of our living on line chuckle at the madness that goes on.

Now we have several so-called 'Internet Marketing gurus' marketing traffic products about CPA networks and Co-Reg.

Let me make this real clear for you...You can lose your butt as fast as a heartbeat with these two traffic methods.

That's good advice.

I urge and compel you to be very careful and believe about 10% of what the IM crowd tells you. Their real goal is to tell you what you need and sell you how to do it.

And then - STILL - you have people peddling their crap who have lost money with these 2 traffic methods, never done these two traffic methods, or just read some other flippin guru's traffic product and - yes, you guessed it - now they are freakin traffic experts, too.

Be advised that these two ways to increase on-line traffic cost money -- most times a LOT of money. And if your offer does not convert well, you can spend a bloody fortune and have absolutely nothing to show for it except a maxxed out credit card.

So caveat emptor is the best advice, and if you get suckered into buying their crummy products, remember that "I told you so."

My very successful associate has only one person and traffic producer he trusts, his mentor.

Why? He has made hundreds of millions of dollars over the last decade or so doing it. It is his MAIN business. He is truly better than anyone anywhere at it.

You need traffic. We all do.

Real, live, real-time, really-interested people who know exactly why they are at your web site because they clicked your link to get there and put their hand up.

They were NOT tricked or scammed into clicking a link. They were NOT bribed to do it. Your link was NOT automatically populated on some nebulous form somewhere.

So if you want real traffic at an affordable price that makes sense and is fair to you watch for the email to come from 'All I Want Is Traffic'

Unlike the greedy IM gurus, exactly 100 people are allowed into this brand new, about-to-be-opened co-op. This is NOT the regular IM guru BS deal where anyone breathing with a valid credit card is over-hyped into joining.

What have you got to lose by reading the whole truth from someone who has nothing to hide, does NOT need your money, and is really trying to protect you from the scammers...

and at the same time provide you a fair and legitimate traffic service that REALLY WORKS...

You'll be glad you did.

For the complete story on really getting REAL traffic to your website FAST, opt-in to the email you see from 'All I Want Is Traffic', and you will get the story delivered directly to your email box.

My Best Wishes to you

Sincerely,

Bryan Azorsky

(URL removed)

Do you believe this crap?!?

I went to their web site in search of ammo. It's...

Web marketing technology that is not in compliance with our network provider (Kowabunga!), or the affiliate community at ABestWeb (http://abw.infopop.cc), will not be allowed to market for The Bagettes.
    WTF is the reference to ABW about? This merchant hasn't posted here as far as I can see and they don't have a forum.

I don't even work in this merchant's niche. None of my Kolimbo merchants are even loosely related to this merchant's niche. Spam.

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    I used to work at KB, and I can tell you that they would never, ever sell an email address. Now, I've been gone about a year now, and, I didn't work on Kolimbo directly ever, but I know the old policies.

I'd be VERY surprised if they did. I question one thing though, how did you determine the email was from your Kolimbo signup? I don't get the correlation, you didn't explain?

Again, I'm not defending them, or speaking for them. Would just surprise me.
    Jim Kukral
    You will love my book: Attention! This Book Will Make You Money

Jim, thanks. Maybe you could suggest to someone who still works there that they need to get over here and address this issue. Because maybe Kolimbo has a leak somewhere that's being exploited. They need to check it out.

The email came to an email address that I only use for affiliate business. I have an account (several) with Kolimbo merchants. The spam was sent from a merchant represented by Kolimbo (although not one I'm affiliated with). Now it's possible that some idiot affiliate manager is out there passing my email address around, but the connection between my email address and this merchant is a straight line through Kolimbo. If my privacy was violated by an affiliate manager who works with Kolimbo then I'd like to see that person drawn and quartered at dawn.

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    You know that each Kolimbo merchant uses MyAP right? And you know that each merchant email their affiliates signed up to their program directly through the MyAP interface right? So maybe you just have some AM who sent the email through the interface. Who knows. I hope you figure it out, but again, I highly doubt it was from Kolimbo.
    Jim Kukral
    You will love my book: Attention! This Book Will Make You Money

Trying to keep straight which part of the equation is MYAP, which is Kolimbo and which is Kowabunga gives me a headache.

I would be shocked if any of the merchants I work with compromised my email addy. There aren't many of them, I know the affiliate managers by name (some even have my snail mail address and phone number) and I trust them implicitly. It's the merchants I don't work with that worry me. That's why I think this needs to be checked out by the people in charge.

ABW Ambassador
    >this needs to be checked out by the people in charge.

Soooooo, who is in charge @ Kowabunga these days?

Quote Originally Posted by affiliatemakeover
    I used to work at KB yadda yadda yadda.
    Today's Kowabunga! ain't the same your grandma' [or Jim's] Kowabunga!

It's now owned by ThinkPartnership and they aren't one of the "most loved" cos in AM ....

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...inkpartnership

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    I've been getting some emails from Think Partnership and never heard of them before the mails.

I received the same email you are speaking about. I'm an affiliate of theirs, and this is the first time I've ever gotten any sort of email from them. Are you sure you didn't sign up for their program?

Yeah, I'm sure I didn't sign up for their program. I don't dabble in MLM or anything even close to it. The only things I market are tangible things, not so-called information. I don't work with CPA companies and I don't do PPC and I don't work with lead programs (except eBay).

I continue to get emails from this bozo. I figure sooner or later he'll follow the link back here and then maybe I can worm out of him the AM or network who gave him my email addy. I hope he didn't pay for it coz he was ripped off.

I'm talking about being an affiliate for Bagettes. That's who I'm with. They haven't spammed me, just the opposite. This is one of the few programs I rarely hear from. I'm going to reach out to those guys over there and see what's up.

Please let me know what you find out. I'm not an affiliate of Bagettes. I'm not an affiliate of any program this guy runs so I don't know how he got my name and email addy. I only use that email addy with affiliate programs, ergo somebody who should know better gave away or sold my info. That person is very, very bad in my book but so is the guy who is using that information.

I just called the guy over at Bagettes, and he said the only way you would have gotten the email he sent out was if you were an affiliate at bagettes.com. I didn't mention you or anything, but maybe you should contact him if you think there is a problem with someone getting your email address.

He was pretty concerned about it. He really wanted to know who it was because he wanted to follow up and make things right, but I didn't think it was my place to say anything.

Thanks for checking that out and thanks for not giving him my contact info. I will have to log into Kolimbo and see if I'm an affiliate of Bagettes. If I did join that program it was so long ago that I don't recall it and I know I've never promoted them.

Thanks again for your help. I'll follow up with him.

Cool. NP.

I was thinking that we would read about Rhea the Troll 'Killer' in the news, cuffed, in the backseat of a cruiser. Just from reading your posts about this there was obviously alot of venom. Hope I diffused it a bit.

Hahaha! Haiko gave me the nickname "Troll Killer" because I like to toy with trolls before I report them so the mods can administer the coup de grace.

I believe in non-violent revenge. Embarrassing the crap out of someone usually satisfies my need for retribution.

Sorry it took so long for one of us to get back to you Rhea -- did you ever email our support to ask about this? If you contact support@kolimbo.com with anything you should get a personal response the same day.

First we obviously would never sell email addresses to anyone. If you received an email from a merchant then you either signed up to their program and forgot or they were given your email by someone who is managing you. If it's the latter please let me know at jeff at kowabunga.com.

Second I know the MYAP/Kolimbo/Kowabunga thing is confusing. It drives me crazy too. The whole thing is going to be Kowabunga soon, it's just taking forever to mess with all the branding stuff, and we still have a lot of private label merchants who want to be listed in a network yet not be a network merchant. I know, that makes no sense, but it is what it is.

As far as being the same old Kowabunga since being acquired by THK, I can assure you the spirit and dedication to technology and customer service is the same. Our latest version of MYAP helps merchants easily detect cookie overwriting, for instance, by actually showing when it happens and how often. I am a very big evangelist for pure affiliate marketing and we are doing what we can to get things back to where they should be.

As far as the Second Bite stuff...I'll just say that there are a few of us who knew that it was going to be unacceptable to affiliates. I'll also say that our software will tell the merchant if an original affiliate cookie was overwritten by Second Bite. And finally that I wanted some firm statistics that the sales they get credit for are usually sales that would not have converted anyway, and I saw those numbers -- most merchants see about a 5% rise in revenue when SB is added, and that revenue is almost identical to the sales they get paid for, so it would seem that they are only getting credit for traffic that wouldn't have converted anyway.

Is it still possible for them to overwrite an affiliate's cookie? Yes. I think there are a lot of sources of traffic that get bundled into the "affiliate" category that probably don't belong there (Ebates for instance). If I can be snarky for a moment, all of this happened because CJ and LS laid the groundwork for it years ago (their models being based on making more money if a channel was designated as an "affiliate") and opened the door to all of the crap that pollutes the affiliate channel. We've built software that makes it easy to segment channels and actually put these borderline "affiliates" into a different channel so "true" affiliates still get credit. I don't think all merchants understand these issues very well so we're trying to educate them. I also don't think Second Bite is nearly as harmful as you think -- they certainly don't belong in the same category as spyware or even loyalty programs that take credit as the transaction is occurring. I will agree that whether or not their cookie should be mixed with normal affiliate's is up for debate, and I will show any merchant using our software how to track any affiliate separately.

Again, sorry for not responding sooner -- I used to be more active on these boards but am doing more than just CTO stuff for KB now and am pulled in a lot of directions. If any of you want to talk to me privately about any of these issues, feel free to email me anytime.

wow, affiliate minded indeed.

ABW Ambassador
    Where is Todd?

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread