View Poll Results: What's your average percentage of reversals?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 5%

13 61.90%
  • 5% to 10%

3 14.29%
  • 10% to 25%

3 14.29%
  • 25% to 35%

2 9.52%
  • 35% to 50%

0 0%
    I know this is a tough question: In any given month, what is your average percentage - moneywise - of reversals across all networks and programs?
    {

[This message was edited by eaglefire on August 26, 2002 at 08:45 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    are you looking for percentage of $$$ or percentage of the number of transactions?

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes." -- Holly, from Red Dwarf

oopsie - good point- it's a tough question anyway, but I'd say money percentage.

{

Politics as usual : It's not what you know but who you know that's important [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Eaglefire are you asking across the board, or CJ LS or Performics merchants?

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

Everything MJ - that's why I know it's a tough question to answer; I've only ever had two "reversals" so far - one was a cancelled order from a private merchant and the other didn't count for much. I am trying to get a ballpark idea of just how reliable the raw numbers are in projecting monthly income.

{

Politics as usual : It's not what you know but who you know that's important [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Eaglefire,

If you are careful with your merchants, you should lose around one days income per month. Sometimes no days.

As far as I recall, I've had only two sales over $500 stick. One for cosmetics (only just over) and one for around 3k of memory.

So, if you immediately disregard any sale over $500, junk any merchant who takes the you know what then make allowances for when people's credit cards get overstretched at Christmas - realistically you should be looking at 2-3% 'shrinkage'.

I

I know the folks with low charge backs are probably more eager to participate in this poll than those with high charge backs so the results may be scewed. But, I really wish everyone would answer. I would truly like to know.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Well, it is a tough question. In the apparel realm, I bite the reversal bullet hard. But across the board I don't think I usually end up with more than about 10% reversals, even with the apparel pulling me down.

This was a totally non-scientific, didn't even really look at my stats estimation. YMMV, and this month is already running close to the 10% since I had some larger commissions reversed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent email left on the planet.

My only reversals come from ebay. I do have one clothing site that, after hundreds of sales, has never had a reversal. If you look at their stats, they have 0% reversal rate. I don't know if they don't know they can do that or they have decided not to do it, but I'm sure not going to mention it to them.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

"Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

I have very few reversals in fact I have very few sales [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Jan 2 total $20.00
    Feb 1 total $23.00
    March none
    April 1 total $30.00
    May 2 total $22.00
    June none
    July 2 total $10.00 one of these was a CJ recruiter commission ???
    August 1 total $30.00

9 reversals in 8 months for a total of aprox $135.00 not too bad.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

I have some very naughty merchants but I'm weeding them out.

[This message was edited by citizen powers on August 27, 2002 at 09:50 AM.]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You'll onluy find high reversal merchants at CJ. BeFree merchants seem to catch fraudulent CC charges before they batch their sales..same with Linkshare. At CJ I have several of those questionable merchants who reverse all orders since Jan 1st over 500.00 for reason "other". These are high ticket merchants like eCost.com and this throws off my overall stats. TigerDirect never reversed one sale on over 700 orders this last year...go figure. The merchants who show a set percentage for several months in a row <like 35% reversals> are just playing the reversal game letting their affiliate manager's pay check come out of the cancelled commissions.

WebMaster Mike

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread