Most important in a new merchant?
    All,

We've just signed up with ShareASale. We're at the 'creative' step.

How important are pre-made creatives for you as an affiliate?

I'm going to be looking into supplying a datafeed, but want to determine what is the most important things to do prior to activating.

Thanks for any feedback!

Juli

ABW Ambassador
    For most affiliates they are very important.
    Try Tuan @ 20dollarbanners.com

I reality, your best preforming affiliates will not be using them.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; January 26th, 2007 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Corrected the spelling of Tuan's name

The companu looks good. Are the best banners more 'generic'? Their portfolio seems geared towards putting info about specials/prices etc.

Is there a new-to-affil-mkt-merchant subforum around here?

Thanks! Juli

Juli,

Personally, I don't use banners much as an affiliate. I prefer basic text links that I can customize to my own uses, though I suppose I use 125 x 125 buttons often enough.

In any case, before you have any designed, you might want to check out the current thread on the Midnight Cafe board about banners:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=84560

Best of luck with the program!
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

We're working on banners now, but I am not sure as to the basic text links? I mean - they're really basic so what would they say?

For example - text "License plate frames for any breeds' with a link to the main site?

Would I need to provide the full html for that? What of someone wanted a link to go to a specific breed page? (We have MANY such pages...) What is the use of creating that when the affiliate will have to put their ID and possibly change the wording?

With regard to the banner ads, do we include the link? Again - it would seem they could go anywhere and still need to provide the actual affil id.

Thanks!

Juli

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juli - AdLib
    We're working on banners now, but I am not sure as to the basic text links? I mean - they're really basic so what would they say?

For example - text "License plate frames for any breeds' with a link to the main site?

Would I need to provide the full html for that? What of someone wanted a link to go to a specific breed page? (We have MANY such pages...) What is the use of creating that when the affiliate will have to put their ID and possibly change the wording?

Juli
    The beauty of ShareASale is that they provide tools for affiliates to easily create links to any page or category (or entire pages) on your site they want to promote.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    "We're working on banners now, but I am not sure as to the basic text links? I mean - they're really basic so what would they say?

Would I need to provide the full html for that? What of someone wanted a link to go to a specific breed page? (We have MANY such pages...) What is the use of creating that when the affiliate will have to put their ID and possibly change the wording?"

As far as text links, I wouldn't worry too much about the wording. I usually change it. But it's good to have text links to the home page (obvious one), to the different categories on your site. And then you can drill it down even further and have text links to specific products or some kind of setup where affiliates can make text links on their own to any page on your site.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    As far as text links, I wouldn't worry too much about the wording. I usually change it. But it's good to have text links to the home page (obvious one), to the different categories on your site. And then you can drill it down even further and have text links to specific products or some kind of setup where affiliates can make text links on their own to any page on your site.
    Yep. That's what I meant, only said a whole lot clearer...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Thanks all. I just added a few generic banners and 3 specific breed text links. I clicked 'Activate' now I'm hoping I get approved quickly.

I'm really excited about this.

Do I need to make specific products links available through SAS as a text link?

(BTW - by generic banners, I meant non-breed specific. I can just imagine someone reading this thread thinking 'oh goody - generic banners - just what I always wanted!')

Juli

Quote Originally Posted by Juli - AdLib
    Do I need to make specific products links available through SAS as a text link?
    Yes, Juli. Individual products, sections/departments, sub-sections, bestsellers... By all means, deep-link, deep-link, and deep-link again.

Geno

As far as banners go many of us use 88X31 non blinking fast loading logos for merchants

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread