GoogleBase Uploads
    Just wondering if anyone out there has been uploading large product feeds to GoogleBase and what their success has been.

Froogle was great for uploads but the 100,000 item limit is proving to be an incredible pain. It looks like we'll just have to chop up the feed, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had any success in increasing their items per file limit or has found any other interesting tips or tricks for GoogleBase.

Cheers,
    Last edited by parmstro; January 26th, 2007 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Oops, I put a file size limit, instead of item limit. 100,000 items, not 100k file size.
    Patrick Armstrong
    Online Marketing Manager, ethicalDeal.com
    patrick@ethicaldeal.com

Quote Originally Posted by parmstro
    Just wondering if anyone out there has been uploading large product feeds to GoogleBase and what their success has been.
    I've been using GoogleBase for a long time now and it works great. My feed is 1,000+ items and ~430k in size and I've never had an issue.

It does take awhile (up to 24 hours) to process everything and finally go live, but once it's up it's up. You also get some basic stats like impressions, clicks, and page views, which is nice.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    No problem here uploading bulk files to Googlebase (except for one time when the file transfer died before it finished).

Have you contacted them to have your account set up for bulk uploads? If so you might want to consider using a different FTP program or uploading through your web browser.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread