I just realised somthing strange today.
    I have been receivng some pop ups from When U.
    Anytime I click through an affiliate on our site or though an email especially (merchant newsletters with links to put up), a small window pops up.

An example
    I clicked a link in the newsletter we received from Gateway about news link we had to put, so I could see the offer for my self.
    There pops up this small window which had this

-------quote--------
    Save on the Special Promotions!
    Coupon Code: 0
    Click here to redeem your coupon
    Select your merchandise.
    Proceed to check-out.
    Enter your coupon code in Step 3 of checkout in the field labeled "Coupon Code".
    Click "Send Order" at the bottom of this page.
    Your order total will recalculate and save U money! (Your order will have been placed by this time)
    When entering the site through promotional URL links your discount will automatically be applied to your order at checkout once purchase requirements are met.
    Terms: Don't miss the Weekly Deals.
    Close Window

A WhenU.com offer - click ? for info

--------unquote----------

SO I clicked on the link that was in their window and it took me to the page, I was supposed to have gone with our affiliate link.

Compare the 2 links
    Their link
    http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=37919389&siteid=38990066&bfpage=weelk

and our link
    http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=37919389&siteid=38882234&bfpage=consumer_profile_4

They had replaced our link with theirs and I am so shocked.

First of all I do not remember downloading any script from When U so how some this is happening to me.
    I can just imagine how many sales they have robbed other affiliates

Can anyone please tell me how I can get rid of the pop up scripts from Whenu on my computer?

http://www.abusaki.com

Hi Girlie,

Can you do me a favor? Click on our links on your site, and let me know if there are any pop-ups.

We stopped working with WhenU a few months back, so there shouldn't be any.

I just want to make sure though.

Thanks,
    Michael

PS. I just double checked, and our tech guys are setting up a separate computer this week, for us to do this type of testing on our own.

Michael
    973-621-6211 x 5040
    michael@barenecessities.com

Hi Michael,
    After posting this topic, I went into my control panel and found out When U (Save $) was installed on my PC so I removed it and also downloaded ad aware and performed a scan.
    I clicked on Bare Necessities links but did not receive any pop ups.
    I am not sure exactly what is happening here, it may not have poped up because I removed everything or may be that you are no longer working with them. I just hope it is the latter.

Hi Girlie,

Thanks. We're going to load every ugly parasite we can find onto the computer we set up, and then we are going to do regular tests to see what happens.

I'll post anything I find.

Michael

Michael
    973-621-6211 x 5040
    michael@barenecessities.com

I would love to see the results

For now I am not wasting time on promoting Gateway

[We're going to load every ugly parasite we can find onto the computer we set up-Michael]

That's going to be one hell of an ugly computer Michael;)

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Michael ..I can't believe that any merchant AM hasn't installed on a testing machine these scumware/adwarez programs. Why didn't you do this before paying thousands to Whenu for a campaign fee. Always try out the e-mail Duperaffiliates courting you with a test e-mail account to see how deep they are into spam partnerships. No one approaching a merchant with a sure win traffic building or revenue scheme to advertise on competitors sites is really honest about the REAL DEAL. They work on just one thing ..merchant greed.. like a bunch of carnival hucksters.

Would anyone like to estimate the millions these parasites wanked merchants out of while ruining their true affiliate base's conversion ratios. Whenu is a program based upon thievery. BeFree's tags in this example are just a tip in this abusive practice.

Who at Whenu places these special promo popups into their database of targeted merchants and keywords??? No one! The darn networks feed these deals to them with nightly autoloads to allow them unfair competition againt normal honest affiliates like me and the 5000 here at ABW.

While your setting up your parasite laden system also build a small website for yourself and place your own links and those of your competition there. Then run test purchases as an affiliate to uncover any of your own problems and also which of your competitors don't report sales. That is AM power and good program management

WebMaster Mike

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread