Business Loan
    I'm thinking about taking out a business loan to start a web-based business - software programming. The money would be spent to buy the IDE (Visual Studio 2005), server space, templates, and advertisement. Is this possible? Has anyone ever taken out a business loan for a website business?

I started out in the software programming and lost 18,000 of my own money, I might have been able to make it work if i had another 18,000. ANd also you can use the express edition of visual studio for free and then upgrade when people pay for your services. After losing my money in software programing I went to affiliate marketing and made a killin, that lasted for about 2 years. Now i dont know what route i should take.

If you choose to go the software programming route focus on a specfic niche (City and states) and out source your work to pakistan or india. That is the only way you can compete in this cut throat business.

If I were you a would take a stab at elance or guru.com. If people trust you they will buy. In my case I had many prospects but when it came down to write a check, it did not happen.

If software programinng is what you wnat to do, know your market, create an affiliate program and sell qualtiy over price

And dont forget a geat porfolito

furthermore , Pick a niche in software programming For ex . Real estate websites, restaurant websites, small business ,etc

I don't think any of those things are worth a business loan... meaning you can get Visual Studio Express for free (and I've used it for a shareware application that makes a few hundred bucks a month - it's just as good as Professional but doesn't have the setup wizard and some other templates that you don't need - just use the free InnoSetup for your setup program, which is also free).

Web hosting space is less than a hundred bucks for a year (that's a Visa purchase not a business loan), and advertising can be handled initially by posting to software upload sites instead of spending money on Google Adwords or the like. In fact, if you sign up as a HostMonster affiliate, you can use your own link to buy the web hosting, and then you end up getting it essentially for free (costs $83 for the year and their commission is $65 if you go directly through them, or $90 if you go through Commission Junction... but you won't be able to get into CJ without first having a website, so that might be a catch 22 situation... stilll, there's the $65 waiting for you ).

No need to sink yourself in debt before you even get started.

You could also get a free beta program going, and use google adsense on your web site to make money off all the visitors you'll get (not to mention the excellent feedback you'll get from users trying out your free beta program), which could offset the cost of web hosting or pay for it altogether.

You could also set up a forum to discuss the progress of your new software program, which would generate even more traffic, and more feedback, etc, etc...

Pick a niche in software programming For ex . Real estate websites, restaurant websites, small business ,etc
    I happen to know for a fact that real estate agents have a bad habit of overpaying for websites. Plenty of room to undercut and live large in that space...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate Manager
    The web is about open standards - why use Microsoft-specific tools for that?
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

What open source tools are available that would let you write a competitive looking UI?

(and _please_ don't suggest that Java offers that ;-) - coming from someone who has programmed with and taught Java for 5 years... it just can't compare to something written in .NET in my opinion... not when it comes to a stand-along fat client application.... web apps are a different story though)

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by harrison22
    I'm thinking about taking out a business loan to start a web-based business - software programming. The money would be spent to buy the IDE (Visual Studio 2005), server space, templates, and advertisement. Is this possible? Has anyone ever taken out a business loan for a website business?
    start small you will be glad you did.

There is no reason you need to make a large investment in this type of company. Server space is very affordable and you have cheap alternatives for the software. Things that build slow, often last.

Business Loan
    I have never heard of business loans for web-based business...Not at least officially...You will be lucky if u get one on this. But alternatively you can take it for putting up a software development center. Hey wait a minute you may get a loan from Meridian Finance caz my neighbor has got loan from there last week for small work. if they can get you can also. If you want, you can contact them in internet Meridianlendersonline.com Just contact them lets hope for the best. Best of luck

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by leonardo99b7
    I have never heard of business loans for web-based business...Not at least officially...You will be lucky if u get one on this. But alternatively you can take it for putting up a software development center. Hey wait a minute you may get a loan from Meridian Finance caz my neighbor has got loan from there last week for small work. if they can get you can also. If you want, you can contact them in internet Meridianlendersonline.com Just contact them lets hope for the best. Best of luck
    It is definetly possible to get a loan for a web-based business. A business is a business.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread