All,

I have set the boards up with a keyword post moderation ... basicaly, if your post contains one of the specific words then it will not be posted until approved. This is to protect our community from the idoits of late, and in NO way an indication of any current nor future censorship on ABestWeb.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Where is the list of No - No words? I want to see what I can't post.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ASCII fingers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

When the shoe fits the foot is forgotten
    When the belt fits the belly is forgotten
    When the heart is right "for" and "against" are forgotten. - Chuang Tzu

I just had one of my posts go into review. It was one of my less wordy posts, and I can't for the life of me figure out what word I used that could have triggered a review.

Learn the rules, then break some.

Ssanf,

For security reasons I'd rather not say because someone will change it kinda like some smartass did when they posted FCUK, lets just say I have it covered.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

I was pulling your leg. How could you post the list without using all the words, yourself!

LOL

Can't you just have the word come as ***s instead? We would understand explicative deleted but still read the post. Much easier on you. Also, then no one colud say you were censoring posts. That would take the wind right out of their sails.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

[This message was edited by SSanf on August 24, 2002 at 02:15 PM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tracy:
    I just had one of my posts go into review. It was one of my less wordy posts, and I can't for the life of me figure out what word I used that could have triggered a review.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe "Tracy" is verboten?

&gt;Can't you just have the word come as ***s instead? We would understand explicative deleted but still read the post.

I think thats a ******* ***** idea.

I

Hi everyone,

I know I'm new here, but I have a suggestion regardless [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I'd like to see a 'url drop' filter, not automated, just snipped.

I love this place, but there is a lot of link dropping that detracts from the otherwise very nice feeling to the boards....

Nick

Tioka Internet // Web design &amp; SEO

When I clicked on this topic I thought you were
    going to tell us not to post so much -- since
    CJ is down and everyone is here (posting) & the
    servers couldn't take so much activity. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

So sorry to read it's "bad" words!

Anne

By your thoughts you are daily, even hourly, building your life.
    You are carving your destiny.
    ~Ruth Barrick Golden

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Haiko--

The Fashion Company of the United Kingdom! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] How has that company been doing these days, anyway? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

(And you'll probably need to make FCUK one of the trigger words now that you mentioned that variant...)

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

hehe back in Junior high school we always had my favorite variant when means frequently asked questions on the web now a days.

Fa-q

lol [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

A little less talk and a lot more action.

Edited because leader must have paid attention and learned how to spell variant not varient.

ABW Ambassador
    Odd, I had it grab one of my posts (which was later put live) - I guess some names are suspect as well?

chet

ABW Ambassador
    Nick, what is a snipped url drop filter? Do you mean make it so we can't put urls into posts? Sometimes there are some very helpful urls, and in your sig you have a url to your site. I don't know if this is what your saying.

May all your ups and downs be in bed

Leader:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The Fashion Company of the United Kingdom! How has that company been doing these days, anyway? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it's French Connection United Kingdom - main site here - and they're doing HUGE business in the UK.

There's an amusing cartoon in a recent Private Eye where someone wearing an FCUK T-Shirt while visiting an exhibition on King Cnut (aka Canute). Umm I guess you have to see it.

Dynamoo.com - CreepyGuy - Poozleanimus

I've done it again ... Written a post, and had it go into review.

I'm wondering what word I used this time. I mentioned that I was at "work". That must be it. That must be the dirty word I used.

Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm wondering what word I used this time. I mentioned that I was at "work". That must be it. That must be the dirty word I used.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was Leader who suggested that one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] (j/K)

I'm looking into why it was moderated ...

Haiko

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
    <tr>
    <td>
    <hr>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td><font size="2" face="Verdana"> The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli</font></td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Okay, Haiko, it's done it yet again. What's my dirty word this time? I know I didn't use "work."
    ---

My name must be a bad word.
    All my posts are going to queue, and some are not getting posted.
    hrmmmm

And yet again. I'm beginning to think Haiko enjoys my posts so much he wants to be the first to read them before everybody else [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

My Daddy always told me that vulgarity was a strong expression of a weak mind. So I've always tried to choose my words carefully. Could you post a dictionary for me? Evidently I'm using the wrong one.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread