Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Performics : not so much TRUSTED any more

it used to be that Performics was felt to be a very trusted network.

but, since already some time now, a lot of very fishy things have been going on, not least tens of thousands of focused clicks for individual merchants returning no sales whatsoever.

abandon ship : we now migrate merchants to other networks, whenever available, at speed of sound.

heisje

ABW Ambassador
    "not least tens of thousands of focused clicks for individual merchants returning no sales whatsoever"

Most likely a problem on your end somewhere. Overall it's always been the highest converting network for me. Haven't seen any issues. There are some things I don't understand. Was this just a few merchants? You might try posting them to see how other people are doing. And how do you send tens of thousands of focused clicks and keep sending them when you're not getting sales? I start getting ready to pull after a few hundred.

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heisje

it used to be that Performics was felt to be a very trusted network.

but, since already some time now, a lot of very fishy things have been going on, not least tens of thousands of focused clicks for individual merchants returning no sales whatsoever.

abandon ship : we now migrate merchants to other networks, whenever available, at speed of sound.

heisje.
    Links? Summaries? Proof?

Not to be offensive here, or question your belief that those things are happening, nor am I or have I ever worked for Performics...

I just mean that perhaps you have more to back up your claims? Again, not saying your're wrong, but to drop in a forum (especially the one they pay for) and start making acqusations like that doesn't make sense to me.

I think everyone here can agree that we'd like to see something backed up before the bashing begins. I know I would at least.
    Jim Kukral
    You will love my book: Attention! This Book Will Make You Money

I am not in the habit of making serious allegations lightly.
    ignore my alert at your risk.

heisje

ABW Ambassador
    If they were really having those type of tracking problems, this forum would be lit up, others would be seeing it.

Which merchants are you seeing this with? You need to give a little more info. If you post the merchants, I'm sure there are others who have them up and they can tell you how they're doing with them.

"ignore my alert at your risk."

That doesn't make any sense. People have their own stats to look at. That'll tell you all you need to know.

Again, which merchants? I have over half of them myself on my sites.

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    Trust and I are in the same line of thinking. That definitely means that either A. the world is going to explode at any moment, or B. your information isn't valid.

LOL. I'm hoping for B. If you have information, you should post it. Throwing out acusations without proof doesn't hold water for anyone. Look at Ben Edelman, he only comes with proof to back it up.
    Jim Kukral
    You will love my book: Attention! This Book Will Make You Money

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Overall it's always been the highest converting network for me.

Thanks for the info Trust! I have always neglected performics and just focused on cj and linkshare, while watching my commission dwindle.

I think i will focus on performics this year! Because I trust what you say! (Trust#1)

ABW Ambassador
    Well you still have to test things out for yourself. Might be them, might be another network. I'm just talking about overall conversion percentage, they've always been the highest for me. There are some merchants that do great for me, some that don't. But that's everywhere. Always test things out for yourself, your stats ultimately are the only ones that matter.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I will say that I have loads of clicks compared to sales. I believe this is a problem with their counting hits from crawlers or robots. My gut feeling tho is they convert great and are one of my top networks.

now that metrics are available at performics, are you still happy vs other networks? my own metrics have proved to be a confirmation of past negative evaluation.

trust performics, if this makes you feel better . . . .

ABW Ambassador
    are you drunk right now?

heisje

If you can provide a merchant's name or some example, that would be great so that we are able to look into it and see if we see the same trend.

Other people, let's not make it a personal attack.
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

ABW Ambassador
    She can't or she would have by now. A merchant name, a screenshot, it's been 4 months. All she has is accusations. Either she messed up badly on her end or she's just lying and has something against Performics and this is her way to get back at them.

"I am not in the habit of making serious allegations lightly.
    ignore my alert at your risk."

And then nothing to back it up. The reality is people have their own stats to look at, which will tell you all you need to know. Mine tell me I'm getting sales everyday and have an overall conversion rate of over 6%.

- for those happy with performics in recent times: so much the better for you - and good luck to you.
    - for those unhappy with performics in recent times: no, you are not alone :: trust your judgment and apply due diligence.
    - for those lusting for private business data of other peoples' businesses (in the name of "proof"): you must be joking.
    - for any flamers around: nothing to prove to anybody (especially to you), period. and keep your flames to yourselves.

this has been just a "heads up" (and follow-up) for those interested to listen.
    end of story.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, listen to heisje because your own stats are lying to you.

Yes, you do have something to prove if you make an accusation. It's called backing up your post which you can't do. Tens of thousands of clicks, 0 sales for you.

If this was happening to other people, like I said, this forum would be lit up. I'm getting sales everyday, lots of people are. Why aren't you? When asked about which merchants you're supposedly having issues with, why haven't you posted them? Probably because if you did, other affiliates are probably making sales with them. How about a screenshot? Showing me all those clicks and 0 sales. You can't and you won't. Because you have nothing. Nothing in your postings make any sense. How many affiliates would send tens of thousands of clicks without getting any sales before they realized there was a problem?

Post some merchants names that you haven't been getting sales with after sending tens of thousands of clicks. If you did, other affiliates here probably have them and can look and post how they're doing. But I already know you won't because you can't back up lying.

I just checked the stats on one of my Performics merchants that I have over 5 years of history with, and the conversion ratio has been very steady. For the life of the program, I've averaged 26.71% conversion. For the last six months, I've averaged 27.86%. This month, it's been 30.2%. I certainly don't see any funny business going on. (This is highly targeted, consistent traffic.)

Perhaps you have some bad links?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

- significantly, as would be expected:
    performics have been provided with very detailed data, and repeated data-supported complaints.

- guess what?
    repeated promises to investigate.
    - and, guess what, they never did.
    (did not expect them, too)

- as stated before:
    - for those happy with performics in recent times: so much the better for you - and good luck to you.
    - for those unhappy with performics in recent times: no, you are not alone :: trust your judgment and apply due diligence.

(personally, I have been in aff. marketing for almost 10 years : possibly, I know what I am talking about . . . .) .

Last edited by heisje; June 1st, 2007 at 02:02 AM.

Internet Cowboy
    Performics has a very small number of merchants, yet they are consistantly atop the list of the networks most used by adware/spyware affiliates. They also manage paid search for many of their clients on a performance basis.
    While I must say that they are open and willing to discuss these issues, the math adds up that you are definately on to something.

I ony wish affiliate managers would get hip to this.

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry Scooter, normally I agree with you but she's on to nothing. She has provided nothing. Only that after 10 years of doing this she would get 0 sales from tens of thousands of clicks while others are getting sales just fine. So the problem is her. Based on my conversion for May, on 10,000 clicks, I would have 600 sales. She said tens of thousands, plural and 0 sales. And based on her posts of providing absolutely nothing, I don't believe her at all. But if you do, you should run for the hills and also watch out for that boogey man. As far as adware/parasites, she didn't mention that once as being the problem.

I also have not noticed any issues with Performics. My merchants there are doing just fine.

some people are very sloppy and prefer to put words in other peoples' mouths :: I never stated 0 sales from performics, overall.

so :: copy / paste from my first post (still available at the top of this thread):

hope this helps.

ABW Ambassador
    It doesn't help because I've asked for the actual merchant(s). I literally have over 80% of Performics merchants on my sites. The merchant(s) you're sending all those clicks to and not getting any sales, other affiliates probably have those merchants and can check their stats. So on your next post, why don't you just post them and others can check? Because up to this point and the first post was back in January you have provided 0. And you said merchants, plural so it's more than one you're having an issue with. List them.

@trust : : have no stomach for tit-for-tat arguments.
    those who should have the facts, do have the facts - and have chosen to not respond :: (suppose this is of no significance . . . . .).

I have posted here as a "heads up" to fellow affiliates :: nothing more, nothing less :: thought I had a duty to do so.

ignore my warning, if that makes you feel better.

ABW Ambassador
    Didn't think so and you continue to not make any kind of sense. How is it a heads up when you don't post the merchants you're having a problem with? Are we supposed to guess?

And there is no warning to ignore. I have stats, you have nothing. If you did, you would have posted it by now. And this isn't the first "beware" type of post from you about Performics. You have one from back in 2003, yet you still have links up and you still have them up right now. You don't even listen to your own warnings. So you haven't done anything for your "fellow affiliates". Listing the merchant would have been something. But again you can't get something from nothing.

Heads up, I'm sending tens of thousands of clicks to merchants and getting zero sales. I care about my fellow affiliates so I wanted to let you know.

Which merchants?

I don't have the stomach to tell you but just beware because I care.
    Last edited by Trust; June 1st, 2007 at 03:31 AM.

my account is one of the oldest performics accounts :: actually an upper 25% four-bar one.

with over 100 sites running, there is a continuing income stream generated from performics merchants. a lot of work has been committed to performics merchants in the past and there is no immediate plan to flush this past effort down the drain any time soon - this would not make any economic sense.

however, no new effort is invested in any performics merchant, old or new, in effect making this a fade-out process.

but I repeat: ignore my warning, if this makes you feel better.
    performics have done :: apparently this makes *them* feel better . . . .

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast