View Poll Results: Do I do it????

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...I'd love to see Tom's smiling face on Judge Judy

29 70.73%
  • No...Tom's not good looking enough to be on TV.

2 4.88%
  • Tom should just let the whole thing go.

2 4.88%
  • I have no idea who Gaye Vaskas is and why is Tom even posting this.

8 19.51%
    ABW Ambassador
    Many of you remember the whole Gaye Vaskas issue, etc, etc, (and one more etc).....Anyhow, I get this today:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Tom,

Somebody forwarded me your website on your behalf. I have looked it over and I would like to discuss this regarding your case and want to talk to you! Please give me a call so we can
    discuss the details.

If you choose to arbitrate your case on "Judge Judy", we book your case
    and you win, we guarantee that you will receive the money awarded to you by the
    arbitrator within thirty days, plus court costs. In addition, if you choose to arbitrate your case on
    "Judge Judy," we will guarantee you an appearance fee and we will pay the travel expenses for you and any necessary witnesses to travel to Los Angeles.

Please call me at (***) ***-**** x *** or **-***-**** at your earliest convenience if you are interested in arbitrating your case on "Judge Judy." I look forward to hearing from
    you.

Thank you.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    ROFLMAO

Go for it. After a stressfull morning this was a good way to chill things a bit here.

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

Go for it!

One big plus, at least you know what your judge is like beforehand! Just dont talk back to her! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

The only thing that you can give and still keep is your word.

ABW Ambassador
    I vote "no", but it has nothing to do with your looks... it's the curmudgeon in me that stumbles about muttering things like "making a mockery"...

I despise TV courtroom shows.

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes." -- Holly, from Red Dwarf

Oh! This is a riot! See, this is what I love about ABW. Sometimes, this board just makes my day.

I want to say yes and I voted that you should do it. But, another part of me says this is a very sick person who needs professional help. She should be pitied and helped rather than be held up for all the world to see what a fool she is.

I also worry about your personal safety. She seems so disturbed that I think she could truly be a danger.

But, I also think you are entitled to reparation and to be absolved from any more of this degradation.

But, we all would so much enjoy seeing her have her comeupance. He he!

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I think all you would have to do is let Gaye do all the talking and she would probably have Judge Judy PO'ed in about 30 secs. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Email my brother and ask him about his experience on court tv. He did an appearance with Judge Judy's husband when he was alive (of course).

:::digging around for a blank VCR tape::::

Tom, are you sure the email is legit? Something does NOT smell right here.

{

Politics as usual : It's not what you know but who you know that's important [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    eaglefire,

It could very well be legit. My brother was contacted by a different court tv show. Some guy named him secondary in a suit against someone else. That's pretty much the dynamics of how it works. He found out after the fact that they also paid the costs of the losing party.

I can't believe you're even considering taking this seriously! (But then, maybe you're not and you're just giving us an afternoon laugh. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img])

If, for some crazy reason, you do go through with this and come to L.A., make sure to get in touch with me so we can get together for lunch or coffee!

J

Ah, Tom, that is funny!! Hey, if it's legit, think of the free advertising eh?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Obsidian

ABW Ambassador
    LOL...I love the responses....Before I posted the poll, I checked to make sure it was legit...it is very legit....I haven't made a decision yet on if I would/should go through with it. I wouldn't get a lot of money (that was never the point), but I would get some satisfaction from it with all the crap I went through with this lady...from her contacting people to calling my local police...publishing that fake newspaper article, etc, etc. She tried getting a guy who publishes a local website about radio and TV to publish everything on his site...He contacted me to tell me about it, and of course, didn't mention a word of it on his site...the list goes on and on.....

[This message was edited by TH Media on August 27, 2002 at 08:34 PM.]

Thank you, Tom, for the great afternoon giggle! Trying to ride out the last hour at work, and this sure has helped!

Two things, BLFH is right, if you decide to do it, then let Gaye do all the talking. Second, Obsidian is also right, could be really great advertising if handled right.

Reminds me of when I saw Tim Conway on the Johnny Carson show some 15 years ago. He told Johnny about how his neighbor sued him because she claimed Tim's cat ate her stereo. They went to court, and Tim just sat there while the woman ranted and raved at the Judge, explaining in detail how Tim's cat had eaten her stereo. Finally, the Judge looked at Tim, who just shrugged and said, "Well, what do you think? Did my cat eat her stereo?"

I've never been able to get that story out of my head. Any time I see somebody rediculously going off the deep end, I think to myself, "Hmmm, wonder if the cat's been eating the stereo again?"

Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

ABW Ambassador
    Tom,

I voted no. This woman is looney tunes and an appearance on Judge Judy won't put an end to this, it will just launch another chapter.

Mike

Don't Worry Mama, It Won't Get Freaky!

ABW Ambassador
    But wouldn't that make a great new case [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

In all honestly, my legal guy advised against it...he isn't handling the case, but he brought up some good points....

I'm ticked because this woman put it on a website...and now, I'm going to drag it out on national TV....He also pointed out that in the cases he has gone to court with, you will go in with the thought you will get some satisfaction...he stresses that people don't realize it is a FALSE satisfaction until the case is over....

Personally, I don't see how I can let her walk away from it...secondly, I fail to see how I could do my business more harm than her contacting people...The one music site I have I pulled down because she was going down the list of musicians...unfortunately, many of them were my clients also (I never publish a list of who my clients are...she found the musicians listed on that site)....

ABW Ambassador
    Well Tom I do not know anyting about the situation at hand, but IF it means publicity for you, and an opportunity for her to embarrass herself in public, hmmmm.......

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    If you decide to go on TV, don't forget to wear a tshirt with your URL printed on it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    That's one episode of that show I'd love to watch...one lunatic woman ranting to another lunatic woman...
    I was trying to explain the situation to a coworker and decided to show her your site, but it's been replaced w/ your THMedia site...does it still exist somewhere, or will it ever be back?

FreeCallz.com - Free and cheap phone services.

Tom!! This is too funny!!!

lol, you absolutly have to do it!!

OMG, rofl, can't wait to see her face!

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

she was tired of being poor, and she wasn't into selling door to door.... CSN

Tom I couldn't think of a cooler way to handle this. Yagotta do it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
    - Thomas Jefferson

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Janiss:

If, for some crazy reason, you do go through with this and come to L.A., make sure to get in touch with me so we can get together for lunch or coffee!

J<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can I come to lunch or coffee too? I promise to behave.

&gt;&gt;Can I come to lunch or coffee too? I promise to behave.&lt;&lt;

Why not? We could have a little SoCal ABW shindig! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

J

Tom, WaaaaaHoooyyyyyyyy!!! Of course ya have to do it. The publicity and just something to tell the kids down the road. Ummmmm, I can't stand the beech myself and if I ever went to her court I'm sur she would end up sending me away for life. Buttttt, yes ya need to do it.

PS let me know where to send you A T-shirt for my site. You'll have to look nice on TV! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Affiliate Programs That Kick Major Butt

Actually, re-reading her site again I could make two practical suggestions (apart from stronger medication)..

..she needs to run AdAware on her PC to remove all the popup rubbish she thinks that this man "claiming to be Tom" has installed. And she needs to get a decent spam filter on her published email address.

The funny thing is that she takes Spam so seriously.. and I guess she's too naive to understand that if you put your email address on a web page you'll be inundated with offers of HGH and Hot Beastie Sex.

Oh yes, and another tip she should take is never willingly surrender an active domain name like uhhh songwriter-4u.com [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Dynamoo.com - CreepyGuy - Poozleanimus

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    DO IT!!!

Absolutely. It should be delicious to watch! Don't forget to post the air time...

Usually I don't like psuedo-courtroom TV shows, but in this case I'd make a definite exception.

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

'Course you're gonna do it Tom!

I've done a fair amount of TV and its always fun. (I get to argue Christians into the ground). This sounds like even more fun.

Think of it as doing a public service. You aren't the first she's picked on and you won't be the last. But the next victim will have some TV footage as research material..

Work on a simple explanation of what a login name is and what a domain name is, and get all her stuff printed out (a copy for you, a copy for the judge, a copy for the loony woman) and you're away!

I

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread