BMG Missing Payments
    anyone else notice their BMG payment missing from CJ this month?

I thought CJ merchants are supposed to keep balances? How can there be late payments in this system? Is it just a crock?

(chirp, chirp)

anyone know how late a merchant has to be with payment before CJ actually does anything about it?

turns out BMG STILL hasn't paid their bill.

what gives?

why is their program still up.

I don't understand how they allow a merchant to keep getting transactions when they haven't paid for the last few months worth of the ones they ALREADY got.

This is nuts.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Mike, CJ is most likely going to turn a blind eye to BMG's late payment. Larger CJ merchants don't all have to keep balances. I was part of several that paid CJ for transactions after they occurred, rather than having a large amount to debit against. Many big companies don't like the idea of putting a million bucks into an account ahead of time!

I've seen CJ merchants that have been a month (or more) late with their payments and CJ does nothing. I wouldn't worry about getting paid with BMG, because you will....it's just a question of when.

It's frustrating to work around double standards.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Mike

thanks
    thanks for the response, Mike. It was beginning to feel a little lonely in here.
    ;-)

I get if this was Dell or eBay or whatever - I wouldn't worry about being paid - but we're talking about BMG Music Club.

Are we really sure these guys are going to pay up?

Separately, why does CJ allow *anyone* to get away with this?
    I thought the whole point of CJ was that everything is paid in advance.

So, is that just a marketing line that just isn't true?

Outsourced Program Manager
    Mike, I would think that BMG will pay you. They're a pretty big operation that's been around for a long time. I don't think they would risk their reputation by not paying affiliates.

As far as your question about CJ, I can't speak for them today. I know that 5 years ago they definitely didn't require up front payments. Maybe one of the bigger CJ merchants can let us know what the policy is today. Do they still let you get invoiced? My guess is yes.

Smaller merchants are required to maintain an escrow balance, but larger merchants are extended credit. I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it if CJ would disclose which merchants are extended credit so affiliates could know how much of their earnings are at risk.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tabasso
    Mike, I would think that BMG will pay you. They're a pretty big operation that's been around for a long time. I don't think they would risk their reputation by not paying affiliates.
    I of course *want* to believe that, but I've seen name merchants not pay some big bills in the past. I've been left holding the bag a couple times. And, I don't think reputation is any protection. Lets say they don't want to continue running their program... then what "reputation" is there to risk?

Columbia House shut down its program in Linkshare years ago. Affiliates weren't paid for almost a year. They didn't worry about their reputation amongst affiliates **because they didn't have any.**
    ;-)

And, here is the scary thing... Columbia House is the SAME COMPANY as BMG.

So, why will it be any different this time? They didn't seem to care about reputation last time.

BTW, amusingly, I just noticed that Columbia House is bringing back their program... in CJ.

I agree with Mike on this one, CJ *MUST* tell us which merchants are allowed to not pay their bills, so we can stay away....

Larger or smaller merchant, none seem to have to answer for payments on CJ. I have had small merchants go 3-4 months before paying, and larger ones go a couple of months, then reverse ALL transactions, and deactivate. They then come back a month or 3 later and go right on doing business and ignore the past like nothing ever happened.

It's total bull, but it happens. I have a couple of medium sized merchants that never pay monthly, we are always 3 months behind. They never "extend" the transactions, but just lock them and don't pay until the following months. Yet they are still active the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    Larger or smaller merchant, none seem to have to answer for payments on CJ. I have had small merchants go 3-4 months before paying, and larger ones go a couple of months, then reverse ALL transactions, and deactivate. They then come back a month or 3 later and go right on doing business and ignore the past like nothing ever happened.
    Can we share any names? I don't think we should let the scammers get away with it...

Did BMG ever pay for january? My february payment from them is still in the locked status due since they apparently are pretty badly behind on their CJ bill... I think it's time for CJ to cut off new leads to BMG until they pay up.

BMG missed its January payment.

Anybody get a February payment yet? I dont have anything yet (from any merchants).

February payment is still in locked status & I bet that March will too. Someone told me that BMG is apparently $80,000 in the red with CJ, excluding this month's commissions. How does BMG go for 2+ months without paying CJ, and other smaller programs get shut off after being only a few days and a few thousand overdue?

CJ sent my check on March 22nd for February & all of my other programs have paid except for BMG.

I was told that they missed the February payment as well. It definitely didn't come for me.

Thumbs down I have this problem too
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer

It's total bull, but it happens. I have a couple of medium sized merchants that never pay monthly, we are always 3 months behind. They never "extend" the transactions, but just lock them and don't pay until the following months. Yet they are still active the entire time.

I have the problem with PerfectPayCheck.com - aff.networks. 1-3 month - pay, When I earn 20k - 'Good bye' !!!

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    We have had 3 BMG transactions not reported in the interface in the past 30 days. Anyone else have that experience with them?
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread