Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Hotdog's off topic banter has been moved to http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=98650
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    So Hotdogs, we see you lurking. What say ye?
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Quote Originally Posted by edjolanski
    And it is especially wrong for corporations to track my purchasing habits without my permission. And while most average consumers don't care about such things, I believe that, if properly educated about what was going on, they would feel the same way.
    Ed, do you mind if I call you Ed? Well Ed, do you remember in school when teachers threatened that every infraction would become part of your (wait for the music) PERMANENT RECORD? They forgot to tell you that just about everything (if not everything) that you post on the Internet also becomes a part of your (wait for it) PERMANENT RECORD.

Frankly your extracurricular activities are no concern of mine (unless of course you have pictures and are willing to post them here), however you should be aware that there are ways to protect your identity and your personal information. Just about any Internet noob knows how to turn off cookies and if you're not sure how you should use the help function in the browser that you're using for instructions. It's really pretty straight forward.

As for soliciting ah.... let's call them partners, yeah partners, you probably want to use a screen name that you intend to discard soon after. You also may want to be a little more creative in your selection of screen names (my personal favorite is BigD4U).

But I think the most important lesson that you can learn from this is: DON'T COME TO OUR HOUSE WITH A LOT OF BS THAT IS FACTUALLY WRONG, THAT YOU CAN'T SUPPORT AND THAT TRASHES A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS MODEL THAT ALL OF US WORK VERY HARD AT.

That being said, Welcome to ABW.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

And Hotdogs, I'd be careful if I were you. These guys can be brutal.

Welcome to ABW
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Something tells me we won't be hearing from edjolanski again. Probably just as well, he was waaay too easy.

-rematt
    Aw. The commie left before I had a chance to offer him a free one-way ticket to North Korea!

The practice of sticking some people into other people's companies (or into state-run companies) to rot their lives away is not a benefit to humanity--and the fact that some people are brainwashed into thinking that being someone else's virtual slave (ie, employed) is somehow *gasp* good is sad and disgusting.

What'd benefit "society" as well as individuals, is if people quit doing j*bs, ran their own places, and left the great majority of stuff currently done in j*bs to be done by machines.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Looks like RMN's site is down and it points to agoga.com. McAfee SiteAdvisor is glowing red on that one: http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/ago...pe=FF&aff_id=0

Quote Originally Posted by visitourmall
    So Hotdogs, we see you lurking. What say ye?
    Question for the moderators then- why was my reply deemed off topic where the original muckraking post by Donuts was considered on topic?

Smacks of censorship if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    Looks like RMN's site is down and it points to agoga.com. McAfee SiteAdvisor is glowing red on that one: http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/ago...pe=FF&aff_id=0
    This morning their home page was pretty screwed up so I'm guessing technical issues as opposed to conscience.

-rematt

their site works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyBigGuy
    their site works for me.
    You're right. They seem to be back up.

-rematt

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    What'd benefit "society" as well as individuals, is if people quit doing j*bs, ran their own places, and left the great majority of stuff currently done in j*bs to be done by machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    If I were iFrogz, I'd fire them from my aff program and consider having my lawyers shoot them a C&D re use of trademarks. Bait and switch of non-existing coupons is not what the FTC allows when using someone's trademarks.
    Not to mention that they're ranked on page 1 of Google for "ifrogz coupons".

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Actually, when I found it, that's exactly what I was doing and they were the number one seo site listed for "ifrogz.com coupon codes". Today my browser shows them as #2 seo result for that term.

In any case, Snib, I see you're totally getting my point - they are not doing this merchant any favors at all here.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogs
    Question for the moderators then- why was my reply deemed off topic where the original muckraking post by Donuts was considered on topic?

Smacks of censorship if you ask me.
    I'm no moderator, but since you posted to a public thread instead of messaging a moderator directly (oops, can't do that, can you? ), you'll have to expect responses from the public. So, here's my response:

If it was censorship, he would have just deleted your posts and banned you. He simply split your comments off to a new thread.

Get over it.

iFrogz responds?
    Looks like iFrogz has made RMN remove all user contributed iFrogz coupon codes from the site. The site even says so. I would copy and paste it here, but I don't wanna give them something to cause any trouble for this forum.

P.S Can anyone tell me where you set your signature for posts in this forum?

ABW Ambassador
    "Signature and Private Messaging rights come after 250 posts, rights may be granted prior to such number of posts based on the Admin's sole discretion."

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=53660

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    "Signature and Private Messaging rights come after 250 posts, rights may be granted prior to such number of posts based on the Admin's sole discretion."

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=53660
    Are you sure??

I thought it was 500 posts.

ABW Ambassador

Wink
    I know Trust.

I was just giving the newbies a hard time.

Ty Trust, for answering so quickly. At the rate that I type (two-finger, hunt and peck) it will probably be an eon before I'll be at 250 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by animatic1
    Looks like iFrogz has made RMN remove all user contributed iFrogz coupon codes from the site. The site even says so. I would copy and paste it here, but I don't wanna give them something to cause any trouble for this forum.
    Yes and we already pointed that out. Just the fact that RMN continues to display a page for ifrogz Coupons is the problem. They're ranking in the search engines for ifrogz coupons, so customers are coming to RMN looking for coupons only to find none. RMN should remove this page entirely.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    Yes and we already pointed that out. Just the fact that RMN continues to display a page for ifrogz Coupons is the problem. They're ranking in the search engines for ifrogz coupons, so customers are coming to RMN looking for coupons only to find none. RMN should remove this page entirely.

- Scott
    Not sure to what extent RMN should be responsible for this. It is Big G which is liking that page (for that matter all pages of RMN) and ranking it.

As to why RMN should remove that page ..?. What is the basis for that .. Not that I like what RMN is doing the way it is doing .. But I am not sure why that page by itself would be an issue.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    It's interesting that Google shows RMN at the top or near the top for "ifrogz coupon codes" when there are a actually no ifrogz coupon codes on the page. I guess the Sorry for the inconvenience but this merchant has specifically requested to have all user contributed coupons removed from the RetailMeNot system. is just that kind of "unique content" that Google loves and looks for.

Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals
    Not sure to what extent RMN should be responsible for this. It is Big G which is liking that page (for that matter all pages of RMN) and ranking it.

As to why RMN should remove that page ..?. What is the basis for that .. Not that I like what RMN is doing the way it is doing .. But I am not sure why that page by itself would be an issue.
    Just off the top of my head...
    1. they link to an expired cj page, rather than the store, which is deceptive.
    2. similarly, they are capitalizing on their trademarked name in that page, by promoting competing stores.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by newestuser
    Just off the top of my head...
    1. they link to an expired cj page, rather than the store, which is deceptive.
    2. similarly, they are capitalizing on their trademarked name in that page, by promoting competing stores.
    1. I agree .. perhaps an error on their part .. they should easily link to merchant home page instead of an expired CJ link
    2. it is fair use -- they stated what the merchant asked them to do .. suggesting similar stores or using contextual ads like Adsense are same IMO ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast