CJ Performance Reports
    I know how exactly many clicks I send per merchant and the number recorded at the CJ report interface is usually far lower than the actual number.

Anyone else ever notice this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    I know how exactly many clicks I send per merchant and the number recorded at the CJ report interface is usually far lower than the actual number.

Anyone else ever notice this?
    Hi Mack. Perhaps CJ is filtering out certain clicks that your internal click tracking software isn't. What do you use internally to track your own clicks?

Actually, CJ's own numbers are inconsistent. In October, I tried to compile some data from CJ's reports (I was cutting off a CJ merchant and replacing them with a higher-paying SAS merchant). While trying to report data accurately to the merchant, I found that the traffic figures in different CJ reports were dramatically different. Here's what I wrote to the merchant (in part):

> "Quite frankly, my efforts to "quickly" analyze and compare these programs today has left me even more annoyed at CJ, because their different reports show different numbers (for the same time period, the number of clicks, transactions, sales, and dollar amounts are significantly different, depending on which report is used). In fact, for the same time period (the past 110 days), one CJ report showed more than 10,000 clicks from my site to [merchant name], but another CJ report showed fewer than 5,000 clicks in the same period. Using one CJ report, the conversion rate appears to have dropped; a different CJ report shows an increase in conversion rates for the same time periods. (My "quick" effort turned into an hour-long project, but ultimately the only relevant number is the dollar amount of affiliate earnings posted.)" (emphasis added) <

Quote Originally Posted by joshuamc
    Hi Mack. Perhaps CJ is filtering out certain clicks that your internal click tracking software isn't. What do you use internally to track your own clicks?
    That's what I had attributed the difference to when I had looked into this.

In my case, the discrepancy was proportional to the level of rogue bots activities on my sites.

Tuan
    [url="http://www.wholesaler.com"]Wholesaler.com[/url]

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread