Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Looking for reviews of affordableprogrammers.com
    Does anybody have any good/bad experience about affordableprogrammers.com that they'd like to share ? I know it seems odd that would outsource some development work considering that is my forte. But there are just not enought hours in the day sometimes.

Thanks y'all,
    Patrick
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

I don't know but I do know someone that does programming if you need a new site built by someone who is very honest.

Trust me, from experience, the cheapest guy is not who you want, you want someone reliable and ETHICAL. PM me if you want a name.

Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Trust me, from experience, the cheapest guy is not who you want, you want someone reliable and ETHICAL.
    I have hired many frellance designers from elance, guru.com and the advice i can give you, is be very carefull who you select.

Makesure they are avaible through Instant Messenging
    FInd out about the future updates and warranty

Many of these so called deveoplers say they can build anything for real cheap and what they do is make you pay a small deposit and you never hear from them again

OK. Most of these sites - guru.com, findacoder, etc. have review systems. Are those rigged?
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Not nessecarily, however they can be. Basically if me and you were friends and i was a developer . I could create a profile and you could create a project. You accept my bid for $100 and pay me and you then write a good review and in return i give your money back.

what are you looking to do, I have a very good programmer that charges me $12.00 per hour and could probably hook you up. What language are you interested in asp.net or php or perl?

the site they did for me is http://www.7coupons.com/

looking at their site, I bet they just outsource to another provider , probably elance.com

I don't know if this is allowed, I do work with these guys for almost 4 years now, but if you want to check out their site, visit etnasoft.com

However they charge $25.00 per hour if you go directly to them

or if you go through me it will be about half of that.

They do very good work and best of all inquires are answered the same day and always are availbile through msn messenger, which is important because many others still use the email system and takes days to get an answer and then week to get it accomplished

asp.net, SQL2005, Ajax/Atlas
    ---
    ---

Hi patrick,

That is exactly what my site 7coupons uses. I will be straight up with you these guys are good. My borther inlaw is an asp.net programmer in raleigh NC and had him overlook the code and he says you must have spent a fortune.(which i didn't)

All there code is documented, you retain the copyrights and source files and their support is the best.

Just let me know if you want me to get you a quote on your behalf (which will be cheaper) or I can give you the email address of the owner. His name is Roman and very good guy. If you have steady work for him (like I do) I am sure he can work with you as far as price in the longrun. Just be sure to tell him Jason Bishop sent ya.

PM the details of what i should do

Quote Originally Posted by netnow22
    What language are you interested in asp.net or php or perl?
    Jason- Do they only do asp.net or do they also do php?

Quote Originally Posted by VolareMedia
    Jason- Do they only do asp.net or do they also do php?
    They do php also, but they try to push asp.net

VolareMedia

If you interested in his services, I can have him contact you or I can give you his email address

Quote Originally Posted by netnow22
    VolareMedia

If you interested in his services, I can have him contact you or I can give you his email address
    Please have him contact me. I'd definitely be interested in his services.

help needed
    Hi,

I am unable to private message the two members offering referrals on this thread but would like to find one good person who can help me finish my oscommerce shopping cart.
    Any referrals are appreciated!
    Thanks

b

Quote Originally Posted by bags
    Hi,

I am unable to private message the two members offering referrals on this thread but would like to find one good person who can help me finish my oscommerce shopping cart.
    Any referrals are appreciated!
    Thanks

b
    Hi Bags,

I maybe able to help you out with your os commerce site. What do you need done?

netnow -
    do they do PHP/mySQL/general LAMP stuff?

Need some work done and having a hard time finding someone I can develop a relationship with.

drop me a pm.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I don't recall seeing anyone use the LAMP abbreviation at ABW before... so, teaching timeout...

LAMP is an abbreviation for...
    Linux -- the operating system.
    Apache -- the web server.
    MySql -- the database management system.
    PHP -- the programming language.

Sometimes, people will use Perl as the "P", but it's getting more rare to see that because php is so prevalent.

There is an ever changing skillset required to be a power affiliate, but I'd say some parts of it are fairly solidified. The three pillars of affiliate marketing are site building, traffic generation and monetization. To move towards the light, include LAMP in your site building skillset (or resource set), they come right after HTML and CSS.

Ok, back to finding affordable programmers...

Donuts my friend,

I actually see it referred to as LAMPP - so both Ps are covered.

And if anybody is interested in lessons PM and let me know.

Patrick
    ---
    ---

Afordableprogrammers.com
    Run...DO NOT USE!!! I was promised the development of my website within 3 months...9 months later and it still wasn't complete. I dealt with incompetent programmers the entire way. I then made the mistake of continuing with them for SEO. I signed up for the top package they offer. They guaranteed top 10 within 2 months and top 3 within 3 months. 5 months later I wasn't even in the first 40 pages. I made the initial deposit and 2 month payment... NO RESULTS. I refused to pay further untill they met their guarantee, they were fine with that...but still 5 months later no results. (I had 3 other programmers look at the site, all were amazed at it's poor stucture) So as a business owner I needed to move on. I asked for a refund on the guarantee and of course you can imagine, they refused.

I could go on and on.. if you have any questions please feel free to contact me. REMOVED oh and if you like the look of my site....I designed it not them, you should see what they tried to offer me in the begining..lol
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; January 21st, 2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Removed email per request

I am a software developer with lots of C and java experience. I also develop using php but prefer the faster Java and c. i have developed a lot of affiliate interfaces [Linkshare/GoogleAd Network, etc.] and would like to this for a wider audience. I notice some of you talk of using guru.com, elance.com, etc for programmer support. I am wondering how you choose your programmers? I am listed with guru.com.

Q...

Run...DO NOT USE!!! I was promised the development of my website within 3 months...9 months later and it still wasn't complete. I dealt with incompetent programmers the entire way. I then made the mistake of continuing with them for SEO. I signed up for the top package they offer. They guaranteed top 10 within 2 months and top 3 within 3 months. 5 months later I wasn't even in the first 40 pages. I made the initial deposit and 2 month payment... NO RESULTS. I refused to pay further untill they met their guarantee, they were fine with that...but still 5 months later no results. (I had 3 other programmers look at the site, all were amazed at it's poor stucture) So as a business owner I needed to move on. I asked for a refund on the guarantee and of course you can imagine, they refused.

I could go on and on.. if you have any questions please feel free to contact me. REMOVED oh and if you like the look of my site....I designed it not them, you should see what they tried to offer me in the begining..lol

Any company that guarantees top SEO placement, is most likely a fraud. Its better to do some research yourself, their are alot of forums out their. For most clients it takes up to a year to see solid results. If you do hire a seo company make sure you get a ranking report and link building report every two weeks, that what we do for our clients.

Need a developer for ongoing updates on website. PHP and OScommerce
    I have been using some folks in Elance.com , totally desaster the job that they supposed to finish in a week is being on for three months. when they fix one thing they mess up another one.
    I am looking for a developer that can update my shopping cart (PHP-oscommerce)
    If youare interested, pelase email me to talk in detail.
    Regards,
    fabiola

Quote Originally Posted by QiSoftware
    I am a software developer with lots of C and java experience. I also develop using php but prefer the faster Java and c. i have developed a lot of affiliate interfaces [Linkshare/GoogleAd Network, etc.] and would like to this for a wider audience. I notice some of you talk of using guru.com, elance.com, etc for programmer support. I am wondering how you choose your programmers? I am listed with guru.com.

Q...

..and how does one email you
    ---
    ---

I was looking at hiring affordable programmers to install my google adsense codes throughout my site (I have about 15 pages or so in my website). I just don't know if I have the time to do it right now, so I wanted to get someone to do it. My site uses php, and I would setup the adsense adds and even print out each page and draw where I want which ads. They quoted me at 100 dollars, which I think is a lot for what they would be doing (just inserting the ads). Any thoughts?

"Looking for reviews of affordableprogrammers.com"

AFFORDABLEPROGRAMMERS.COM is a total SCAM!!! DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY AT THIS PLACE! We were quoted $2000.00 to fix our ASP site. They told us it would be done in 4-5 weeks. They outsourced it to Pakistan. Here it is 10 Months later, 3 programmers later, and it is still not done! Have requested a full refund! No response from them. Am reporting them to the BBB, and hiring a lawyer to try and recover some of the funds. WARNING, DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast