Performics Payments
    It seems like I'm not the only one who has a problem getting paid by Performics. I have over $200 in earned commissions that have yet to be paid. That's quite a bit considering they were earned $1.50 at a time. I received the same canned reply that they can't pay until they get paid.

I have been paid on commission nearly all my life. When a company starts foisting those words on you, it automatically sends up a red flag for me. Too many times in the same situation it happens that the companies are in serious financial trouble. Ocober's commissions are now 90 days past due.

I'm not holding my breath that I will get paid and so will probably suspend this program until I see some money.

This certainly doesn't say much for the way Performics does business. Affiliate marketers beware.

Quote Originally Posted by savinglady
    It seems like I'm not the only one who has a problem getting paid by Performics. I have over $200 in earned commissions that have yet to be paid. That's quite a bit considering they were earned $1.50 at a time. I received the same canned reply that they can't pay until they get paid.

I have been paid on commission nearly all my life. When a company starts foisting those words on you, it automatically sends up a red flag for me. Too many times in the same situation it happens that the companies are in serious financial trouble. Ocober's commissions are now 90 days past due.

I'm not holding my breath that I will get paid and so will probably suspend this program until I see some money.

This certainly doesn't say much for the way Performics does business. Affiliate marketers beware.
    Performics pays when they are paid. Some of the merchants pay 30 days, other pay longer.

If you still waiting for October then maybe time to RED FLAG it. Who's the merchant? Maybe some others here are in the same boat. If it's one that's sinking. Let us know.

15 years and counting
    They have the same business model than LinkShare. They pay you once they have been paid by the merchant. And it takes up to 90... 120 days, who knows. They don't have escrow accounts for their merchants. Performics is not the only problem. Contact the merchant.
    Performics remind me of LinkShare before the dot.com crash in 1999/2000. You do business in the dark with them. No affiliate payment reports. Like if an email was enough to cover their fat butt.
    It times for them to do something and to improve their interface and reporting. Lazy people.

It would be nice if Performics started collecting a deposit on the payments like CJ and SAS do. I got burned by IBuyDigital who was kicked off Performics due to non-payment last year. They still owe me $350 and I've got my fingers crossed that Performics can collect. With a deposit this sort of thing can be avoided.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Performics Red Flags
    The merchant is Cool Savings. Has anyone had problems getting paid from this merchant? My click-thru rate is over 13%. It is my best performing affiliate, but it's worth diddley squat if you can't get paid.

15 years and counting
    Tell me how long these people have been in business... I don't even remember when I sign in with them. Years ago. I wonder how Performics is still in business. As an affiliate we have to adjust all the time to stay competitive. But them, they sit on their fat ass unable to do something for their affiliates. WHERE ARE the reports we need to make the right decision?
    They need more competition to go after their merchants and to bring us up to date reporting.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Anyone from Performics want to answer this thread? How about it Larry??

I have the EXACT same problem with Spilsbury, that terminated their program about a week ago, and I'd really like to know when should I expect to receive my check...!

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    Anyone from Performics want to answer this thread? How about it Larry??
    I'm not sure I see a specific question to answer here. As indicated above, we pay our affiliates when we've been paid by our advertisers. This primarily a fraud prevention measure. But it does mean that we are beholden to the payment cycles at our client's accounts payable departments.

We close the adjustment window for clients 5 days after the close of the month and send out invoices around the 15th. Some clients turn payment around in under 10 days and we pay on those advertisers at the end of month check run. For the rest, we pay affiliates as the collections come in.

If you have a question about a specific program send an email to affiliate@performics.com and indicate the client you are inquiring about. Our collection rate is very good and I don't anticipate any problems with the closing of Spilsbury's program.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by l_adams
    I'm not sure I see a specific question to answer here.
    You don't see the question because PERFORMICS don't want to answer.
    Are they going to improve their reports one day?
    Don't tell us you're not aware you should do something to give us at least some basic information about your payments. Not just an email but some real ONLINE reports. Is it so hard? Do you need help?

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    You don't see the question because PERFORMICS don't want to answer.
    Are they going to improve their reports one day?
    Don't tell us you're not aware you should do something to give us at least some basic information about your payments. Not just an email but some real ONLINE reports. Is it so hard? Do you need help?
    There were two things people were talking about, policy and reports. I can change reports, I can't just change the collections process since it's written into all of our contracts.

We are developing two types of reports:

1. A payment calendar report indicating through which month your advertisers have paid.

2. An order status report that indicates for any given month and set of clients, the number of orders locked, confirmed, pending, cancelled with amounts and fees.

I don't have a definitive release date yet, but if we had to release one before the other, what would your preference be? Are there other report views that you'd want instead/in addition to the ones above?

-larry

15 years and counting
    I appreciate this information, Larry. It's the first time, to my knowledge we have an advance notice of future release. Thanks.
    Both reports are interesting
    "The order status report that indicates for any given month and set of clients, the number of orders locked, confirmed, pending, cancelled with amounts and fees." is important.
    Each month I have to guess how much I'm going to be paid by Performics and it gets on my nerve. (and I don't do PPC, yet) It's hard to guess if you're just starting with Performics or with a new merchant so "The payment calendar report indicating through which month your advertisers have paid." can help.

"Are there other report views that you'd want instead/in addition to the ones above?"
    So stay basic, I'll like a view of how much we're going to be paid at the end of the month. We have a balance but it means nothing about our payment, it tells us how much we earned on a given month.

I'm sure many affiliates at ABW have suggestions for your reports. Myself I'll like to see the merchant payment calendar first.

Quote Originally Posted by l_adams
    There were two things people were talking about, policy and reports. I can change reports, I can't just change the collections process since it's written into all of our contracts.

We are developing two types of reports:

1. A payment calendar report indicating through which month your advertisers have paid.

2. An order status report that indicates for any given month and set of clients, the number of orders locked, confirmed, pending, cancelled with amounts and fees.

I don't have a definitive release date yet, but if we had to release one before the other, what would your preference be? Are there other report views that you'd want instead/in addition to the ones above?

-larry
    The "calendar" view is most important. It helps affiliates weed out and stop promoting deadbeat merchants.

Now, for my very specific question. Why is it taking your team so long to roll out that report? It's trivial for even entry level programmers. Even if you had to assign 1 person to update it by hand until you hire programmers or whatever. The negative impact to your company of the lack of communication, and more importantly, TRANSPARENCY, is something you should bring to your higher-ups.

As a THIRD PARTY network, it's your duty to be TRANSPARENT and provide both parties the tools to work together, while you take your cut in the middle. A primary role of a third party, such as yourselves, is an established level of trust. But, if your ears & eyes are open, it should be very clear that you are quickly losing the trust of your affiliates.

So, I ask as cordially as possible -give us at least the same reports your competitors give us - in this case, Linkshare is the closest match, and they provide very useful Merchant Payment Reports.

Stop delaying... How about making a quick phone call to someone in your organization with decision making power and get us a real timeframe. If your dev team is working without deadlines, that's a whole other kind of mess, but would explain why a 2-hour coding project has taken months to complete.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by MKinCA
    The "calendar" view is most important. It helps affiliates weed out and stop promoting deadbeat merchants.

Now, for my very specific question. Why is it taking your team so long to roll out that report?
    Frankly, we've been working on other things like an automated system to ensure the landing pages our advertisers provide go to live pages, improving our tracking capabilities and infrastructure, building OrangeLinks and so on. I'm not saying this isn't important, but we have limited resources and they have been working on good and useful things.

I am in charge of prioritizing development for our affiliate product and will be sitting down with development to figure out when and how long it will take to build the reports I've described above. I'll also follow up with a summary of some of our recent developments and the things we'll be releasing in the near future.

Larry Adams
    Affiliate Product Manager

And so, has there been any progress in this regard? It is rather unsettling to see daily sales for 2 months, with a merchant that has migrated over to Performics, and not have any idea when one get's paid.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail
    And so, has there been any progress in this regard? It is rather unsettling to see daily sales for 2 months, with a merchant that has migrated over to Performics, and not have any idea when one get's paid.

There has been progress, but the reports are not ready for release yet. Our accounting system is in a separate database that can't handle serving a web application so we're building some infrastructure to support that. I hope to be able to release something by the end of April, but that may not happen until May.

In the meantime you can email affiliate - at - performics . com to inquire about payments for any of your advertisers.

Overdue Status Checkup
    Last post here showed an expected release date of April or May....its now July....where are we standing?

Did anything ever come of these new reports? It's mid September and I don't see these reports listed in my account unless I'm missing something.

If it's now 9 months later and still none of these reports, did someone lose his job... ;-)

Affiliate Network Rep
    Progress Report
    I'm sorry to say that we've not made much more progress on this than getting everything we want defined and a few things prototyped. While I recognize the need for this report, our engineering team has been working on other more pressing priorities since my earlier posts.

For some of our users nothing could be more important than building this feature, but I have lots of different users, many with competing priorities. We probably won't ever satisfy everyone completely, but I hope that you'll find that even if we don't deliver your most desired feature(s), the improvements to the platform we do make will improve your experience with DoubleClick Performics.

I'll be writing about some of the features and enhancements we've released or will be releasing on our blog over the next few days and weeks, but some highlights include:

* Reduced average response time overall by 30-50%
    * Reduced average response time for some specific pages by 10-100x
    * Reduced average response time for select reports by 10-100x
    * Implemented the ability to create and update BYOLs in bulk via spreadsheet upload/download
    * Introduced new advertiser profile settings to enable you to find advertisers that have data feeds more easily.

In addition, we will be implementing the first phase of a major infrastructure overhaul in the next month and will be releasing a major redesign of a portion of our UI. I realize that payment reporting may be the most important thing for some of you, and I'm sorry that its been on the back burner for so long. I do feel that we are now getting to the point where we'll be doing much more user facing development (including payment reporting) than we have been for the past 4-6 months.

Please continue to check in with me and provide candid feedback; I'm always open to suggestions for areas of improvement or features you would like us to consider. We won't be able to satisfy all requests (and certainly not as quickly as everyone would like) but we'll do our best to get the right things done as quickly as we can.

Regards,
    Larry Adams
    Product Manager, Affiliate

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread