Question Testing affiliate marketing to the limits
    I am working on a wood patio furniture site as test of the power of affiliate marketing.

What i am going to do is strictly affiliate marketing. The price I get from the manufactuer will only be increased by 100% (which will be a great price for the end user) I am going to take 20% and give the affiliates the other 80%. The average commission check will yield about $60-85 dollars per sale. I am going to do no other advertising and let the affiliates do it all, on our behalf, just to see what the results will be.

The program will be launched through shareasale, very soon

Are their any affiliates that will be interested?

Yeah I will definetly pay Haiko when I am ready to launch. I am not advertising anything yet. I just wanted to see if their would be any response, because thats what I am banking on

Quote Originally Posted by netnow22
    I am working on a wood patio furniture site as test of the power of affiliate marketing.
    Not to be critical, but a "testing" a highly niche and cyclical products such as wood patio furniture really isn't "fair" to affiliate marketing. Also are you really testing or will this really be a dedicated venture that your pursuing? I only ask because if your gonna "set it and forget it" and rely only on affs to sell that isn't fair as a "test" either, I think that only works with Ronco products :P

Quote Originally Posted by netnow22
    What i am going to do is strictly affiliate marketing. .... I am going to do no other advertising and let the affiliates do it all, on our behalf, just to see what the results will be.
    I can't reveal specific numbers but Big Daddy Smokes has only used affiliate marketing for the past three years and those results have been nothing but stellar, and that's even with the removal of credit processing and the federal govt baning shipments to certain major states, but then again it's proactively managed

Are their any affiliates that will be interested?
    Firstly it's there not their, but I digress.

Even though you "sold" the comms, and tracking [SAS] you probably lost most because your proposed impetus of testing only and the projected laissez faire management. Just my $0.02
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    grasshopper, look inside yourself for the answer. start with your avatar, it's screaming the answer to others already.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    2 cents / sense
    Net, my first thoughts....

Commish sounds very good.
    Product sounds like a good niche.
    "Test" undermines the above.

Good affiliate marketers might not be interested in getting behind a program that is not a committed for the long term. While I think that you mean very well with what you are thinking, it might be better not to make it an "either / or" scenario. I could be wrong - I was yesterday, but my that's my 2 sense worth. Good luck with it - that's a heck of a commish if the rest is in order.

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Thanks for your input, I will contact Haiko when I am ready, This is something I just started out to pursue and maybe jumped the gun to early

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Before you offer this to affiliates you need to have a succesful ecommerce site and know your conversion. If you can't convert why would you expect affiliates too??

Affiliate Manager
    I agree with the above sentiments...for a program to be successful, you have to be 100% behind marketing the product...affiliate programs are nice, but companies tend to take the approach that it will solve all of their marketing needs at a low risk/initial investment (CPA) This simply isn't the case. Like Chuck mentioned conversion is key to any marketing program. If the consumer is not willing to purchase because he has not seen or heard of you or your product, then even the best affiliate will not stick with your program...build a solid ecommerce business and support the marketing/branding of your business and then rely on the affiliate industry to drive a ton of revenue

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread