ABW Ambassador
    Would You Put A Yahoo Live Link Badge On Your Pages?

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Thanks Trust, I just put it on the index page of one of my sites and it's pulled up a ton of sites linking in that I didn't know about. (I don't check these things as often as I should.)

Most of the links shown are for pages on that same site so when you click the Yahoo graphic that's mostly what you see. I guess my pages rank higher than most of the sites linking in to mine. Is that how it works? Are they ordered by rank? I really don't know enough about how Yahoo search works.

ABW Ambassador
    "Are they ordered by rank?"

Not sure, I had some high PR pages first then some low, then some more high. But I was looking at Google PR, don't know how Yahoo ranks them. I just tried it on my stand alone forum (just for a minute), I'm not going to be putting in on my sites tho.

It's supposed to update live as you get links in, or as Yahoo finds them. So I figured a few people might want to give it a spin.

"Most of the links shown are for pages on that same site so when you click the Yahoo graphic that's mostly what you see."

When you get to the Site Explorer page after clicking on the graphic there is a dropdown where you can choose: Show Inlinks and then choose Except From This Domain.

Thanks for the explanation, Trust. Why aren't you going to put it on your site? Does it have tracking capability or is there something else about it you don't like (or need)?

ABW Ambassador
    I just don't want any SE's code on my sites. This, Google analytics, the search engines site map generator etc. The exception being Adsense, which I just use on one site. Plus for me as far as usability, it's just not something useful for my site visitors. I can just go to Yahoo's Site Explorer page to check things out.

Okay, I get it. I don't mess with any of the Google stuff you mentioned because Google has started to creep me out with its reach and penetration. I guess I don't see Yahoo as that much of a threat to privacy or the AM business.

I think I'll keep it a little while. It's kinda cute.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    I just don't want any SE's code on my sites. This, Google analytics, the search engines site map generator etc.
    Amen.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread