Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    A Stores - ARGHHHHHHH!
    Geeeeeeeeeeeeeze, just spent 3 hours building an Amazon A store - Nothing "took." It was blank every time I checked it but I kept going. After spending hours weeding through all the duplicate products , adding one at a time to pages and sub category pages to fit everything I wanted into this store, nothing showed up and I finally just left the site without an A store. Lots of effort and time wasted.

Has anyone else tried to make an A store and did it work?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

My experience with them was about the same as yours. I built some pages, took time to select products, etc. Looked OK. Next morning, blank pages.

I tried Omaske a couple times. It kept showing multiples of the exact same product.

I got an email from them once asking why I ddn't have any links up. I replied with "when a real person answers this email, I'll put 500 links up. Your support has no real people in it, only autoresponders". Never heard back.

If I added up all of my Amazon commisions over a lifetime, I could buy coffee (but not @ Starbucks) and half a donut.

Thanks for the reply Schooner. Amazon is, by far, the worst place to try to get links, through A Store or any other process, it's always a problem. Grrrr

If I build a store through ShareASale (with MakeAPage) it's easy and fast. Sure wish Amazon would figure out a better system.

I actually have a very good conversion rate with Amazon. They pay meager commissions and their cookie duration is laughable but they do convert well for me. If I could get links without pulling my hair out, I'd feature many more products through Amazon but they make my life too difficult and frustrate the h*ll outta me.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Cool
    I put one up as an experimental first-try. It's still there, but I have no idea what I did right.

I found if I turn that stupid Google Web Accelerator OFF when building stuff things go better... (not just Amazon, lots of things...)

I played with one when i joined Amazon Associates a couple of months ago. I only spent about 30 minutes on it. I haven't used it for anything yet. Just put up a couple of categories...but it's still there (my A Store).

I don't know what i did right. I just started playing with it.

I don't know much about Browser tehcnology, but maybe it has to do with your browser?

I used firefox and had no problem building what little there is of the A store.

Quote Originally Posted by sixeden
    I played with one when i joined Amazon Associates a couple of months ago. I only spent about 30 minutes on it. I haven't used it for anything yet. Just put up a couple of categories...but it's still there (my A Store).

I don't know what i did right. I just started playing with it.

I don't know much about Browser tehcnology, but maybe it has to do with your browser?

I used firefox and had no problem building what little there is of the A store.
    I'm using FF too. Can't get it to work. Went back in today and tried to fix it - no luck. Grrrrrrr

Thanks for the replies and info though, guys. Wish someone from Amazon was here to explain the issues. Gene, where'd you go?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Rexanne -- sorry, I've been busy working on Amazon instant report alert system and the brand new Blog Window, a really cool widget that I am about to release next week (take a peek on http://affiliatebrand.com/BlogWindow/Description.aspx).

As for Amazon -- I am not familiar with any problems such as yours. I have done extensive testing of aStore and have not seen anything that wouldn't "take". My own aStore is on http://affiliatebrand.com/aStore/InternetMarketing.aspx.

I'd be happy to help you or anyone else with building of links. If you want me to call you, just drop me an email at GeneKavner [at] AffiliateBrand.com. I can't call too many people, only the special ones :-)

Gene Kavner, Former World-Wide Director, Amazon Associates, 2005-2006.
    Blog: http://Blog.AffiliateBrand.com

nice to see here an amazon insider is willing to help associates.

OT: nice looking blog you got there Gene. More power and God Bless !

Thanks 2Slick

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    My problem was a bit different when I tried it out.

I would pick my products, get everything added, then when I would view it a little while later some of the products would be missing.... I would have blank spaces on the pages.

I gave up on it for now.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread