commision payout
    I am a merchant at SAS and looking at making some changes to our current commision structure. For the better more for affiliates. I am open and looking for any suggestions or feedback on preferred structure. Please help.

Too nebulous of a question, please be more specific or offer alternatives to chose from.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Too nebulous of a question, please be more specific or offer alternatives to chose from.
    ok...so I have seen flat commision rates of 10% every sale or tiered commsion % depending on the amount of the sale. I was considering a month to month % based on your accumulated sales in the last month. Does that make sense? These are the kind of "options" I am referring to. What are your thoughts?

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    I'd also suggest putting together a promotional calendar/marketing strategy, to take advantage of seasonal highs and lows in your particular retail category. You might take a look at this thread to get some ideas.

Hope that provides some food for thought!
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    I'd also suggest putting together a promotional calendar/marketing strategy, to take advantage of seasonal highs and lows in your particular retail category.
    great info thanks. Any suggestions on format for the calendar? just in regular text in an email or an excel type?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    You might take a look at this thread to get some ideas.
    thank you again. So would you say cash bonuses are a popular incentive for affiliates?

Quote Originally Posted by rcampbell
    ok...so I have seen flat commision rates of 10% every sale or tiered commsion % depending on the amount of the sale. I was considering a month to month % based on your accumulated sales in the last month. Does that make sense? These are the kind of "options" I am referring to. What are your thoughts?
    You would need to have the beginning commission high enough that affilaites would want to join. Remember it takes some of thems some time to generate sales and it may appear you are "penalizing" them by lowering their commission just because they performed lower last month. Just something to consider.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Cash incentive bonuses for meeting certain performance levels are great for affiliates. I love 'em! What I think a lot of merchants do wrong is making them practically impossible to attain. Make a tiered structure of bonus payouts that start at a very reasonable number of sales transactions or total dollar amount of sales generated for the lowest bonus, up to a very generous one for your fantastically performing affiliates.

I always grumble when I see merchants with a tagline in their program details like "You get a $500 bonus when you hit 1000 sales in any month!" Who the heck can possibly generate 1000 sales in 30-31 days?! (Ok, Donuts and Scoot, don't answer that.) Give us an attainable goal. Imagine how much more time your affiliates will spend on improving their campaign with your program, if they know they are within reach of a nice cash bonus. And when I've hit the second or third tiers of a bonus structure, it's always been a big rush. Don't discount the emotional reactions of us affiliates. We're humans and thus very susceptible to this sort of thing.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread