Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    February: Month of the Interface
    Welcome to a string of posts that will introduce features from our "Month of the Interface" which begins today, February 1st.

Each business day we will introduce a new feature or report, some will be "big" changes, some "little" ones.

As we go along, some of the reports we are introducing in stages so that you can get used to a new feature's basic use before going deeper into the report... One of those such reports is:

Feb 1 - "Merchant Timespan Report"

For those merchants who are active with "Archive Stats" you'll see this report available which is a new way of looking at summarized numbers, per merchant, over a chosen timeframe.

A quick look at the report:

Some of you may recognize the technology used behind the report as "Ajax" which we have used in an attempt to make the report more interactive, faster, and easier to use (no reloading of the page).

You'll find this report under the "Reports" header, labeled as "Merchant Timespan".

Hope you enjoy, and check back tomorrow for a new entry.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

ABW Ambassador
    Nice
    Keep them coming.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Brian, is it possible to make the inline pictures larger? I'm having trouble reading the one you posted.

Stats are good!

Rhea,

Yup - will try on future posts to make the images a bit bigger....
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Feb 2 brings us another feature update...

Stick with the Merchant Timespam Report, but now click on the link next to each merchant that says "View Details" after you've run a timespan...

What we are looking at now is a drill down of exactly which days are in that timespan, and the click/transactions that took place on that date.

If you so choose you can create a graph as is shown in the image based on a number of fields such as Hits/Sales/Reversals/Etc...

Enjoy! See you on Feb 5, our team is taking the weekend off, but the Month of the Interface returns on Monday.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Cheers Brian
    I will take a look at these.

keep up the good work
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Dude!!!! I saw this report in the interface this morning!!! Rocks!!!! People have been asking for this!!!

Now, i logged into ABW and was looking for posts (I read through new posts) about this new report and I missed it. Why is that? Am I a little stupid this morning? Did your title blow right by me? I was looking specifically, under new posts, for somebody to mention this new report... finally came here to SAS forum to dig it up and see it... why didn't i pick it up on new posts scanning? I'm posting a link somewhere else to this "Merchant Timespan" post.

Anyhow, this "Merchant Timespan" report will make a lot of people happy!!!

It's on the far left hand side of the menu everyone and it's called "Merchant Timespan".

I also like the way you can easily pick and choose multiple merchants to be included as well. Very cool.

I just want to compliment Brian for installing the changes in stages over the month instead of one huge upgrade all at once. Too often other networks have installed massive changes without testing and it creates havoc. Nice to see Brian realizes this and, although the changes have been in the works for months, is taking the time to implement them smoothly and seamlessly. Nice Job!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Fantastic report & features! I love it.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    I just want to compliment Brian for installing the changes in stages over the month instead of one huge upgrade all at once.
    Correct, better safe than sorry!

Report looks great, good work SAS team!

Mr. GoldenCan
    Nice use of AJAX Brian, and Cool Reports. Keep them coming.

It's Christmas in February!
    Thanks, Brian! I can't wait to see what else you have for us.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

For those merchants who are active with "Archive Stats" you'll see this report available which is a new way of looking at summarized numbers, per merchant, over a chosen time frame.
    Will all merchants be active with "Archive Stats" sooner or later? Is this optional for them?

Definitely exciting times.

Greetings and Happy Monday to everyone. Although our hometown of Chicago is a bit subdued today due to the Bears' loss on Sunday, I am still excited to bring you the latest "Interface Update" from our ongoing series....

We've added some filters and search criteria to the Affiliate "Account Activity" page, wheras you can search for specific types of transactions (Voids, Locks) or search date-range for a specific merchant, etc...

One other thing of note for this report: You can now utilize the "Progress Report" highlighted in the February 2nd post. Individual "Sale" numbers for the given dates on the Progress Report can be clicked and take you to a search of that specific day so that you can see individual sale transactions.

The graphic below depicts what I am saying...

See you all tomorrow, the good news for Merchants is that tomorrow we introduce their first feature update of the month...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Internet Cowboy
    Very nice Brian. This is a huge improvement!

After three straight days of reporting upgrades for Affiliates, we decided to turn to the Merchant interface for a feature add...

On the Reports menu you will now see a listing for "Datafeed and FTP Downloads", if you were to click on that you come to the following report which will show you the number of affiliates, along with the frequency of individual datafeed downloads either via our FTP interface, or through the ShareASale website.

Check back tomorrow for a brand new affiliate interface addition - one which came out of a brainstorming session at the ShareASale ThinkTank in Las Vegas this past November.....
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    the frequency of individual datafeed downloads either via our FTP interface, or through the ShareASale website.
    Awesome, any chance of adding "date of last download" to that too

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Chris - added....

I considered calling this report the "Sanderson Report" by the way.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Very cool

Now we just need another columm that shows gross sales, but from sales that came in through datafeeds only links/urls.

Excellent, I love it! Nice job Brian and crew!
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Outstanding!!! Love the improvements and am using them already!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Brian this is a great move for SAS and will help OPM's in recommending SAS as a solution. You are definately affiliate centric and responsive, keep up the great work.

The new "Datafeed and FTP Downloads" report is excellent!

I have learned some very useful information already...

A small feature request for this report: csv download with all this report data plus the affiliate's email address.

I see some opportunities for building a spreadsheet to correlate those that have downloaded the feed with those that have been provided ftp access (more specifically, affiliates who were given access and are not yet using it).

Thanks again to Brian and crew!

-Dale
    Dale LaFountain, CIO, <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/">Things From Another World</a> - More Comics. More Toys. More Stuff. More FUN!
    14% base comm / up to 21.5% w/perf incent / 90 return days / parasite free / HUGE datafeed / <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/Help/Affiliate-Information___168?qt=abw">[b]Join[/b]</a>

Back to the Affiliate Interface, and today's addition to the interface is something that came up and was suggested by an attendee at our innaugural "ThinkTank" event this past November in Las Vegas. Over the years we've received a ton of valued suggestions - and you all have helped shaped how ShareASale works... so thank you for that!

This feature has to do with managing multiple usernames and login privileges for an individual affiliate account.

For example, there might be one "main" account holder, who has several employees who are tasked with very specific things to do that require access to certain sections of the Affiliate Interface, but who should be restricted to areas such as Financial, or reporting, etc...

You can now add multiple logins to your main account, and assign those privileges... the menu header reads "Add/Manage Logins", and it will take you to a screen similar to below:

Thanks for reading, we'll see you tomorrow for a return back to the Merchant Interface.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Internet Cowboy
    I was going to suggest this. Man, you are on top of it B man!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast