to securely track the affiliate commissions? You guessed it right. The subject matter here is, Whose responsibility is it to make sure that affiliates commissions are tracked correctly by eliminating parasitic interventions to the traffic within the affiliate network?

Who is it that should be securing the tracking and tracking infrastructure from thievery that is deemed illegal by the majority of the network members?

Please push your buttons.

- BluesX

---------------
    Affiliate Marketing is built upon honesty. Tracking is not affected.

It is the responsability of all parties participating. The merchant must honor the agreements set forth by their program and perform routine checks to see that the tracking they have in place functions properly. In addition any true affiliate marketing merchant must not participate in or endorse any form of parasite marketing. It is the merchant and affiliates responsability to make sure that their customers are aware of any potential parasites and how to detect and remove them. For those of us who use third party tracking it is the merchant and the third party vendors responsability to make sure all tracking codes are working and affiliates are being paid in full and on time.

This needs to be a joint venture between all participants, if the merchant is unaware of commision highjacking they can't do a thing about it, if they are unwilling to fix a problem then dump them! On the reverse, if an affiliate is spaming with the merchants links or using a parasite to highjack someone elses the merchant has the responsability to dump the affiliate and make others aware of their practices.

Just my 2.

Craig Uberroth
    Knack Technologies
    marketing@megamouse.com
    (913)731-6010
    Get your LaunchPad @
    MegaMouse.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Couldn't have express the "affiliate fair play rules" better if I tried..Craig.

WebMaster Mike

Thank you, I was almost afraid to look. An AM between Mike and BluesX. I was grabbing the want adds. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, I have been listening. Affiliate marketing is great for both sides and can be equally exploited. When I started our program I wanted this to be our primary avenue of marketing. It is a win-win, we get quality web savvy sales people and you get paid for your hard work. Hopefully the future brings as many more merchants to the realization that the parasites and cheats are detrimental to all of us. I will take honest sales for years over a flash of sales for today.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Craig Uberroth
    Knack Technologies
    marketing@megamouse.com
    (913)731-6010
    Get your LaunchPad @
    MegaMouse.com

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread