Best *New* Affiliate Manager or OPM '06 Nominations
    It's that time again ... Nominations for The Best of Awards. So please nominate your favorite by posting your nominations in this thread. Polling will start Monday the 12th.

Please keep your nominations, per category, in their respective threads.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; February 1st, 2007 at 03:24 PM.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Greg Rice

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Krisitn Collier / MadHatter

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Krisitn Collier / MadHatter
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Liz Gazer of Growthspurt Media

Liz Gazer of Growthspurt Media

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Kristin Collier & Greg Rice
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Suluta/Mike Nunez
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    Suluta/Mike Nunez
    Thanks Scott .

I'd like to nominate Ron (7-Days) and Loxly

Can I nominate 2?

Best *New* Affiliate Manager or OPM '06 Nominations
    Greg Rice and 7-Days

Thanks Mike and Mr. Sal for the nomination, but I must respectively decline. Although I was working behind the scenes with MetroUniforms in 2006, I did not publicly announce my AM status and open my OPM site until Jan. 2007.

Hopefully someone will consider me next year for the 2007 awards and, honestly, I'll have a much better track record behind me by that time where I can be nominated appropriately with my peers.

Thanks, though. I appreciate your thinking of me.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

http and a telephoto
    lol, here's where it gets confusing, does Liz belong in new or established? If new, I second her nomination here, if established, I'd nominate her over there...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Lesson in set theory
    loxly, here's how I see it. Liz is the artist formerly known as RugmanAM, and is now known as e-Gazer on ABW. She was the in-house AM over at Rugman for quite a while until early 2006 and then became an OPM (for the rest of 2006 which is of course most of the year). So, I think she would belong to this category since she is a *New* OPM and is no longer working as an established (non-OPM) AM. Slightly confusing. Made more confusing by the fact that any OPM is by default also an AM, since Outsourced Program (Affiliate) Managers are, as I understand it, by definition a subset of the category Affiliate Managers. My apologies... I've taken too many math classes.

Maybe Haiko might consider breaking this into two New categories, Best New AM and Best New OPM? Just a thought.

By the way, I have no idea who zVortex is and I swear I didn't create a new login just so I could copy&paste verbatim another nomination for Liz in the thread.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I nominate Asif of GoldenCan for the OPM/AM award. He has taken on the task of seperating the wheat from the chaff in hundreds of merchant programs who OPT-IN to his management program. He is the only outsourced AM who allows no Blackhat or grey area marketing to take place from either the merchant or the affiliate side. Name me one other OPM/AM who drove 100% physical click, no spammy mass volume targeted traffic to his merchants in 2006. He also never failed to promply correct problems, impliment value-add suggestions or reject a "not-ready-for-primetime" shady merchant from getting any GC exposure.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Nunez

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    i would have nominated Michael Nunez / Suluta, but he seems to have so much going on (tools, clients, etc) that I don't even think of him as new... perhaps that's a strong vote for him to win it...

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    i would have nominated Michael Nunez / Suluta, but he seems to have so much going on (tools, clients, etc) that I don't even think of him as new... perhaps that's a strong vote for him to win it...
    I'm o.k. with being nominated for both (thanks everyone btw), but I'd prefer the "not new" category if I had to choose.

Maybe I could be like Ichiro and win MVP in my rookie season, lol.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    lol, here's where it gets confusing, does Liz belong in new or established? If new, I second her nomination here, if established, I'd nominate her over there...
    Thanks for those who have taken the time to nominate me - I really appreciate your support!

I agree though - it's a bit tough to figure out where nominations for people like Nunez or myself should go - those of us who have been in the biz as AM's for a good long while before becoming OPMs in 2006...

But as an official nominee, I'm just grateful for having BEEN nominated, it doesn't really matter to me where it goes or if I win (though it is a bonus if I do!). - your support is a great reward in itself!

In the meantime... I nominate Nunez/Suluta for best new OPM since he is new to OPM-ing and has, as far as I am concerned done a great job at getting things ramped up on his own over the last few months.

It would have been a toss up for my nomination between him and Ron (7days) but as Ron has pointed out he might qualify better for the '07 awards next January.

P.S. - I know who zVortex is and he's another great partner who has been a member for a good while but is more of a reader than a participant usually... I am so lucky to be able to work with all you great guys N gals!

It's just a true honor to be nominated for "best" of anything here Thank you Adam!
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Affiliate Manager
    As the President and CEO of HometownQuotes, I am certainly biased in my nomination of Matt McWilliams.

Previously, I was the Affiliate Manager in addition to my other duties.
    During my time as AM, I was blessed to receive advice and help from Haiko and Andy Rodriguez, among others. Like any growing company, I wore a lot of hats here and unfortunately my divided time did not allow me to devote as much time to the AM position.

Matt took over in August and in a short time has taken our program to new and unexpected heights.

When we were in Vegas for Affiliate Summit, I had the chance to sit down and talk with one of our affiliates and I asked him what he liked best about our program. One of the things he highlighted was that fact that Matt does so much more than many of the Affiliate Managers he works with. Rather it is being available at ridiculous hours or always paying on time and providing all necessary tools to affiliates, Matt has quickly become the consummate affiliate manager in my book.

I did not know that he was classified as "new" but I second Hunter Ingram's nomination. Matt has been great. I assumed he was more seasoned in this business

Good luck!

22. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread