Yahoo store trouble this morning
    If any vendors you know are using the Yahoo store platform they have been having intermittent trouble this morning. It appears that it is working right this second.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Thanks for the "heads up" -- our store is currently hosted through Yahoo, and I'll check the site status more frequently this morning.

Now I feel bad -- I just submitted a "trouble ticket" to ShareASale.com to report that another SAS merchant (UnbeatableSale) appears to be offline -- it is still offline now (our site is responding), so perhaps it's an unrelated issue.

If you are sending customers to a "Yahoo Store" merchant, take note: there seems to be a serious problem over there.

Over the past couple of days, I've encountered quite a few non-responding Yahoo Store sites -- these are stores that use the "store" subdomain, such as store.inkliquidator.net, instead of a "www" subdomain.

Although QuoteProducts.com is hosted as a "Yahoo Store," this has not affected our visitors because we don't use the "store" subdomain to attract visitors or display product information. (However, I verified just now that the placeholder page at "store.quoteproducts.com" is also not responding.)

I just called Yahoo Merchant Services technical support; my first two calls were redirected to a phone company error message (apparently the call-forwarding is broken), but just now I got through to the voice-maze and learned that my "wait time is more than 30 minutes."

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Used to work for a company that was hosted on YahooStore. It was a Pain.. It is an easy plug and play if you are driving a 1000 hits a day but if you are looking at 10k or more, it sucks big time cos you cannot customize lots of things.

Early this morning, I wrote: > "I just called Yahoo Merchant Services technical support; my first two calls were redirected to a phone company error message (apparently the call-forwarding is broken), but just now I got through to the voice-maze and learned that my "wait time is more than 30 minutes." <

I stayed on hold for more than 90 minutes, and finally abandoned the call so I could go get breakfast.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread