Over 3 Months to Decline Me?
    Well had a good laugh when I looked at my email. I applied around 3 months ago (might be longer it's been so long I forget) to a merchant and it was pending til today. They finally got around to declining me. They went to the bother of sending me an email. Only thing about the email is it is totally blank. Why did they bother sending it?

Another humorous part of this story is this merchant is also at CJ where they approve of me.

Suppose I could email them to find out why and so on but I've got better things to do. Originally I wanted to switch this merchant's links over to SAS but now what few remaining links I have for this merchant I will pull. They will be gone by dinnertime.

I gave up on them approving me so I really couldn't care less. I am however real curious as to their reason for sending a blank email. Wonder if they even looked at my sites? Guess we'll never know.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

On your blank email - Sometimes I get emails that look blank but when I change the setting in Thunderbird from View/Message Body As/Plain Text to View/Message Body/Original HTML it will show the page content. I doubt if this is your situation, but hey it might be.

I'm only guessing, but in the SAS back end there is a place where merchants can put an automated message for when they decline people. Perhaps they had their message blank, yet have it set to send a message. Not making excuses, especially for someone that took three months, but perhaps they are not very up on how SAS works.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I've an app hanging, like that, in CJ. National company, germane to one of my sites (50 pages, in fact), and I applied last summer.

There'll be a Chamber of Commerce Show near me this summer and if they are still hanging fire I'll take it up with the reps at the show.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by mellie
    Well had a good laugh when I looked at my email. I applied around 3 months ago (might be longer it's been so long I forget) to a merchant and it was pending til today. They finally got around to declining me. They went to the bother of sending me an email. Only thing about the email is it is totally blank. Why did they bother sending it?

Another humorous part of this story is this merchant is also at CJ where they approve of me.

Suppose I could email them to find out why and so on but I've got better things to do. Originally I wanted to switch this merchant's links over to SAS but now what few remaining links I have for this merchant I will pull. They will be gone by dinnertime.

I gave up on them approving me so I really couldn't care less. I am however real curious as to their reason for sending a blank email. Wonder if they even looked at my sites? Guess we'll never know.
    I got the same e-mail - after about three months also.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Thanks guys. I double checked the email it is an empty. This was the first time I ever got a totally blank email from a merchant. Seems like usually there is at least a little disclaimer like those on the status pending emails. I don't get many declines but personally think if you decline someone you should at least have a signature in the email.

I would guess it's the same merchant Burgerboy? I expected better from this merchant.

Anyway, their loss not mine. I used to take it personally lol now I just move on to the competition and promote the heck out of them.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Gee Mellie, maybe taking 3 months to decline you is a compliment? They could have declined immediately, but they had real mixed feelings and so it took them three months, several board meetings, and finally a coin toss to decide? If you look for the bright side, they probably declined some applicants immediately - so getting 3 months is pretty good!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    Gee Mellie, maybe taking 3 months to decline you is a compliment? They could have declined immediately, but they had real mixed feelings and so it took them three months, several board meetings, and finally a coin toss to decide? If you look for the bright side, they probably declined some applicants immediately - so getting 3 months is pretty good!!
    It could be that some AM was just lazy and not taking care of business like they should have been.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    LOL,, thanks hadn't thought of that and I just thought they were clueless.

I have been told I am a bit of an enigma, maybe that carries over to my sites?
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread