ABW Ambassador
    Ebay.com USA only Affiliates? Hello???? The only country to obviously focus on is USA. Hello??? If the rules are that

*eBay.com is only accepting U.S. based affiliates at this time.

I think they are at a point of "not wanting new affiliates period.

------------------------------------------------------------Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. Thomas Dewar

Ebay.com is just one ebay program. There is also ebay.co.uk and (I think) ebay australia. So even though ebay.com may not accept you as a pub - if you are in the UK then you can still be part of their companies affiliate program.

On another note non-US publishers are responsible for most of the fraud in affiliate advertising. Maybe they are fed up with reversing transactions for 3rd world pubs and this is their way to prevent that overhead.

ABW Ambassador
    correct me if I'm wrong, but I think eBay.ca is on CJ as well...

FreeCallz.com - Free and cheap phone services.

Fraud? On five cents a bid? And bearing in mind that usually half the leads are reversed?

Frankly these darned advertisers with the "US affiliates only" rules are stupid. How do they think the web works?

I can understand that a lot of the finance related advertisers (credit cards, loans etc) have to have US advertisers.. but K-Mart? Ebay? Hmmm.

Меня зовут Динаму

Fraud on a $0.05 lead is very common. One example, an mp3 site that tells the visitor that they must place a bid on ebay before access to the mp3s.

As for how the internet works, the arpanet is an interesting start...
    Casting the Net: From ARPANET to INTERNET and Beyond

Finally. The internet is global. Ebay is global and they represent themselves across multiple companies, not just Ebay.com.

ABW Ambassador
    The point is I want ebay.com. not ebay.ca or ebay.co.uk, or ebay.au. I know they exist, It wasn't the point.

Fellow Americans you all know there's ebay.com, It's like amazon.....Are you going to shop from amazon.uk?

Just because I don't live in the USA, doesn't mean that's the traffic I get isn't American.

I just get frustrated not being an American some days. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

------------------------------------------------------------Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. Thomas Dewar

This seems like a recurring problem with merchants. We should find a way to have a process where you can show your US generated traffic and customers.

from the let someone else do this department: Anyone want to step up and run with it?

Fred [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

In an effort to watch your cholesterol, you eat Spam Lite.

>I just get frustrated not being an American some days. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I get frustrated everyday for just being one.

To be perfectly patriotic, U.S. merchants who do not ship worldwide should not pay commissions to non-U.S. web properties. There's way too many people in the U.S. who need survival income.

On another note, 5 cents can buy a lot in many countries, probably not in most of western Europe, but in many other, especially if 5 cents are pouring like rain! An affiliate marketer can make an extraordinary living with $2k/mo income in many countries where pretty much nobody would buy anything online, an affiliate marketer wouldn't be able to survive with $2k/mo. income in most parts of the U.S.

Sorry the patriotism wave hit me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

- BluesX

---------------
    Affiliate Marketing is built upon honesty. Tracking is not affected.

ABW Ambassador
    Obviously you feel, there's too much competition for you already without adding to it or you wouldn't care in the least.

Last I checked the Internet was "world Wide web"
    Everything with a click of the mouse.

You want Patrism? Well I live here in Canada, and the USA takes all our "tech people, doctors, " they hire them, pay for their students loans, etc, we now have to give you our natural resources etc because of your dollar, and your going to whine about the suffering of competition of other countries. USA has 30% better all around living conditions than Canada. People suffer everywhere, but your barking up the wrong tree when it comes to "don't take any money out of the country bull pucky, to me (a canadian).

Just to make sure people understand: I have no promblem with the USA. My husband now works for a USA based company ( was Canadian, Got bought by a USA company, it's too bad HE doesn't get paid in USa dollars)

I some times wish I was in the USA...30% better standard of living, cheap air fare, better deals online, free stuff all the time, tons of coupons, you guys have it made, but I'm Happy being a Canadian, even if I do live in a igloo. LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

>Obviously you feel, there's too much competition for you already without adding to it or you wouldn't care in the least.

Actually, you should know that I am only trying to educate my competitors. I welcome the competition with arms wide open.

Also, I should have excluded Canada from the rest of the world. We will probably buy Canada anyways [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

- BluesX

---------------
    Affiliate Marketing is built upon honesty. Tracking is not affected.

Is Canada for sale?? How much? Are they going to auction it on ebay? When does the bidding start? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

What kind of interest rate do you think I can get on a 30 year mortgage on Canada?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

[This message was edited by SSanf on September 19, 2002 at 06:29 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Actually, you should know that I am only trying to educate my competitors. I welcome the competition with arms wide open.

How in the world are You trying to "educate" your competitors, by trying to eliminating them? Your the one who said people in the USA need survival money. Well Canada is going to need that Natural Gas day, so we should keep it, and let all those nice people in Chicago, suffer in the summer with no Air conditioning. Thanks USA, for putting our utilities throught the roof.

You mean to tell me $2 is not enough? Boy you should tell all those homeless people that. Even 2K Canadian is enough to live on, maybe not have much but it could be managable.

If that's how you feel, fine, I'm not going to try to change your rotton attidude. Besides you should be careful what you wish for , the merchants may lower comission rates, and only hire non USA affiliates because the labor is cheaper. Where do you think all the factories went? USA can make more money in other countries, cheaper labor. There's always a different side of the coin.

Canada for sale? Well we have a large debt, so I'd be willing to let it go for whatever the debt is left owing.

30 year morgage? Most banks here will do 25 years. And oh, we don't get to write off interest rate on our morgage at tax time.

But if you wait for a few months, Igloo building will start, and the ice is almost free. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Some times....I just get too defensive.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I humbly move that we limit any future discussion of anti-globalisation issues, as well as abortion, global warming, gay rights, the invasion of Iraq, world hunger, Bin Laden's whereabouts, and other similar MAJOR hot-button issues to more suitable forums.

It's noisy enough around here, and these topics have a way of creating sonic booms (and of doing potential damage to otherwise very functional and productive communities).

- Rex

So did somebody say CJ was going to handle the Canadian sale?

What would the cookie duration be?
    Would my website have to be in both English and French?

Actually, I love Canada, am half Canadian, and play hockey three times per week!

Fred [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

In an effort to watch your cholesterol, you eat Spam Lite.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread