Auto Deposit Merchant with Low Funds ?
    I have a merchant on auto deposit but his status is low funds. I think I remember seeing this issue addressed but I couldn't find it when I searched the forum.

Is there any danger of him going offline?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by porkchop
    I have a merchant on auto deposit but his status is low funds. I think I remember seeing this issue addressed but I couldn't find it when I searched the forum.

Is there any danger of him going offline?
    It's possible they could go offline if they don't replenish their account ASAP.

You could try contacting the merchant and suggesting they up the ante on their auto deposit, especially if this happens again. One big sale could kill a minimal auto deposit instantly.

It's also kinda good - means the merchant is converting. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

The merchant's credit card (that the account gets replenished from) may have expired at the end of last month. Therefore, yes they are on autodeposit, but SAS is not getting any automatic replenishment because the charges are not going though.

If that's the case, I'll bet that SAS is on that merchant to get updated CC info.

~Bob

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    We do offer a spot where a merchant can provide a backup card precisely for these situations... most of the time it is a decline for Expiration or for "Over Limit", etc...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

I actually emailed more than a dozen ShareASale affiliate managers today about their "low funds" status, as I was working on some new personal sites. As I found merchants flagged as "low funds," I bumped them to the bottom of my project priority list, but also emailed to let them know (since I know that some of the SAS notifications seem to get filtered as spam).

Most of them wrote back promptly to say that they are on auto-deposit, and their "low funds" status should be cleared within a day. One wrote back saying that his account was fully funded, period, and I should not have written to him claiming "low funds" -- but there it is, still listed on SAS with the "Low Funds" status.

Three of the emails "bounced," and when I emailed ShareASale to let them know, SAS verified that those three merchants are inactive and have been inactive for some time -- but they still show up as available to join, and their status is "Low Funds."

After encountering some "issues" with some merchants who I found to be in "low funds" status but who insisted that they were not, I decided to conduct a short test. On Monday, I downloaded the list of "my" merchants who have low-funds status, and then I downloaded the list again today (at 1pm both days).

Of course, it is possible that a merchant might have depleted funds Monday, replenished them later on Monday, then depleted again today, and they may already have replenished -- but my "gut feeling" is that a merchant who had low funds both times is probably one that I will exclude from my current round of testing.

Out of (exactly) 600 SAS programs which I've joined, 99 programs had "low funds" status both Monday and today. (I joined some extra programs in the past 48 hours, so a few more than 99 of those 600 might have had low-funds status both days, but I am only listing companies for which I saw "low funds" status on both dates.

Here is the list:

321templates.com, Abacus24-7, ABC Home Preschool, ABCCook.com, Allen Marketing Intl d/b/a Giftwarehouse.com, American Pig Brand, AnalyzeMyCareer.com, Aquarius Media Services LLC., Arabian Bazaar, AVToyBox.com, AWS WIRELESS, B. Swanky Children's Boutique, Baltic Heirlooms, Bedrock Inc., Berrydog Bikinis & Beachwear, ChangingCourse.com, ClickWorkz, Coles Craft Corporation, CompuDesign Solutions, Creekside Communications, Curious Ventures, Darberg Stores LLC, DeskGear (A Div. of Peachtree Type & Design), DetailsArt, Dexter Easley Ministries, DifferenceMaker.Com, Digital Enterprises, DreamUniverseOnline.com, EarringsETC.com, Ellusionz Candles, EWF LLC, Expressions Of Elegance, ezPortrait.com, Fetal Keepsakes, FIONASTYLE LLC, Furniture For Sale.com, Gifts By Delivery, Golfideas.com, Golfknockoff.com, Halloweenie, Happy Valley Toys, Hinky Import, Spamers , HobbySurveys.com, ICode&Ideas SRL, ihateclowns.com, Irish Photo Shop, Java FAQ's Daily Tips, KingLove.com, Krudmart, Lilypad Baby, LingerieNewStyle.com, Little Keepsakes, MagicWorld, Main Street Seed and Supply, Mamabear's Baby Boutique, Marvelli.co.uk, Metroline Inc., MilavitsaLingerie.com, Modern Bike, Moped Warehouse, musicimport.biz, myBizBag.com, NorCross Marine Products, Northern Response, Nutrition Works, Online Medical Supply, Optical4less, PacificPetShop.com, Pampered Passions, PantiesHerWay.com, pantyhose & stockings hosiery, Perfumeguys Inc., Pick3uwin.com, PresentsForYou.com, Preservation Solutions, Red Dragon Sword Company, Richard Lupu, Rock Star Tees Inc., Samburu.com, shopWeider.ca, Shower-Curtains.com, SPORTSINTEGRITY.COM, StartMyBizToday.com, StylePepper.com, subcultural, Techtools, The Gag, The Newmarket Group Pty Ltd, The Saddle Zone, TierHost, USBAY Portrait Museum, ValueShoppersOutlet.com, Vavolo Fine Products Ltd.(HK), Video-Line, VintageTshirtStore, Word Music, WWWBIZ Company, X-code

If you are an affiliate (or manager) for one of these programs, some attention might be needed.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Mark,

a few of the merchants on your list have had low funds for many months. Some I removed long ago because of it and others I haven't even put on my site because they've been consistently low funds since I joined. I'll PM you the ones I know have been showing low funds for far too long.

Even auto deposit merchants can show low funds and sometimes even go off line. All we can do is stay away from the ones who regularly show low funds and/or go off line.

I think merchants who allow their program to go off line should be penalized. Make them pay a "re-enrollment" fee to get back in the system. Could be a way to cut down on the flakes.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

This is the greatest downfall of SAS. I have made dozens of sites around them only to be burned by the 'low funds' conundrum... SAS has great potential but only if they can make merchants truly accountable.... IMHO

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread